Fights with Title Shot Implications Should be 5 Round Fights.. No Questions Asked.

ArcaneKnight

I don't care what anyone says.. "But that's what makes title fights so special, is that they are 5 rounds." Then people ask well which fights should you make 5 round fights? Big name marquee match ups? NO. Simply fights that result in the winner being guaranteed the next title shot. That's where you draw the line. I don't care if 2 legends are fighting, they don't deserve 5 rounds like fights with title shot implications on the line.

Thing is.. The UFC likes to give out title shots at random like it's nobodies business. They don't have a real sport infrastructure to be able to make this change that the fans should demand. The next worthy challenger should be put through a 5 round test to prove they are worthy of being a title challenger. Who wants to see someone given a title shot, and then having them gas out 3 rounds in? Then have people asking, "What was this guy given a title shot for?"

We need to sign a petition and demand fights with an instant title shot on the line, be 5 rounds. Force the UFC into a more legitimate business model, under the framework that it is a sport, first and foremost. The UFC is to MMA, what the NFL is to football. (My apologies foreigners.) Dana White wants to put the UFC in the lights of the NFL, NBA, and MLB, then he needs to stop lining up match ups for ratings purposes. Let the fights playout. True fans of the sport will always tune in..

There is no reason why that Rampage vs. Rashad fight shouldn't have been a 5 round fight. But knowing the UFC, they'll align a 5 round fight, and then turn around and give someone like Randy Couture a title shot instead.. Then have people asking "what was that random 5 round non title fight all about awhile back?" As much as I enjoy the UFC, I want to see some legitimacy in it's organization, and some real reasons as to why fights with title shots on the line, are not 5 rounds? When you have a fighter like Rashad, that will essentially GSP the living sh** out of you, you need another 2 rounds, to give fighters like Rampage the chance to break, stand back up, and try to KTFO them.

Rampage fans thought they had this one in the bag.. But I don't know WTF you Shogun fan's are laughing at, because Rashad is going to tool your boy Shogun even easier than he did Rampage. He'll break Shogun down like Forrest did, and end up pounding him out. If the RnC is there, I'm sure he'll take it. But you know who comes out on top in all of this mess? Lyoto Machida.

i don't care what anyone says.. "but that's what makes title fights so special' date=' is that they are 5 rounds." then people ask well which fights should you make 5 round fights? Big name marquee match ups? No. Simply fights that result in the winner being guaranteed the next title shot. That's where you draw the line. I don't care if 2 legends are fighting, they don't deserve 5 rounds like fights with title shot implications on the line.

Thing is.. The ufc likes to give out title shots at random like it's nobodies business. They don't have a real sport infrastructure to be able to make this change that the fans should demand. The next worthy challenger should be put through a 5 round test to prove they are worthy of being a title challenger. Who wants to see someone given a title shot, and then having them gas out 3 rounds in? Then have people asking, "what was this guy given a title shot for?"

we need to sign a petition and demand fights with an instant title shot on the line, be 5 rounds. Force the ufc into a more legitimate business model, under the framework that it is a sport, first and foremost. The ufc is to mma, what the nfl is to football. (my apologies foreigners.) dana white wants to put the ufc in the lights of the nfl, nba, and mlb, then he needs to stop lining up match ups for ratings purposes. Let the fights playout. True fans of the sport will always tune in..

There is no reason why that rampage vs. Rashad fight shouldn't have been a 5 round fight. But knowing the ufc, they'll align a 5 round fight, and then turn around and give someone like randy couture a title shot instead.. Then have people asking what that random 5 round non title fight was all about awhile back. As much as i enjoy the ufc, i want to see some legitimacy in it's organization, and some real reasons as to why fights with title shots on the line, are not 5 rounds? When you have a fighter like rashad, that will essentially gsp the living sh** out of you, you need another 2 rounds, to give fighters like rampage the chance to break, stand back up, and try to ktfo them.

Rampage fans thought they had this one in the bag.. But i don't know wtf you shogun fan's are laughing at, because rashad is going to tool your boy shogun even easier than he did rampage. He'll break shogun down like forrest did, and end up pounding him out. If the rnc is there, i'm sure he'll take it. But you know who comes out on top in all of this mess? Lyoto machida.[/quote']

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 except shoguns gonna whoop that A$$

I don't care what anyone says.. "But that's what makes title fights so special' date=' is that they are 5 rounds." Then people ask well which fights should you make 5 round fights? Big name marquee match ups? NO. Simply fights that result in the winner being guaranteed the next title shot. That's where you draw the line. I don't care if 2 legends are fighting, they don't deserve 5 rounds like fights with title shot implications on the line.

Thing is.. The UFC likes to give out title shots at random like it's nobodies business. They don't have a real sport infrastructure to be able to make this change that the fans should demand. The next worthy challenger should be put through a 5 round test to prove they are worthy of being a title challenger. Who wants to see someone given a title shot, and then having them gas out 3 rounds in? Then have people asking, "What was this guy given a title shot for?"

We need to sign a petition and demand fights with an instant title shot on the line, be 5 rounds. Force the UFC into a more legitimate business model, under the framework that it is a sport, first and foremost. The UFC is to MMA, what the NFL is to football. (My apologies foreigners.) Dana White wants to put the UFC in the lights of the NFL, NBA, and MLB, then he needs to stop lining up match ups for ratings purposes. Let the fights playout. True fans of the sport will always tune in..

There is no reason why that Rampage vs. Rashad fight shouldn't have been a 5 round fight. But knowing the UFC, they'll align a 5 round fight, and then turn around and give someone like Randy Couture a title shot instead.. Then have people asking "what was that random 5 round non title fight all about awhile back?" As much as I enjoy the UFC, I want to see some legitimacy in it's organization, and some real reasons as to why fights with title shots on the line, are not 5 rounds? When you have a fighter like Rashad, that will essentially GSP the living sh** out of you, you need another 2 rounds, to give fighters like Rampage the chance to break, stand back up, and try to KTFO them.

Rampage fans thought they had this one in the bag.. But I don't know WTF you Shogun fan's are laughing at, because Rashad is going to tool your boy Shogun even easier than he did Rampage. He'll break Shogun down like Forrest did, and end up pounding him out. If the RnC is there, I'm sure he'll take it. But you know who comes out on top in all of this mess? Lyoto Machida.[/quote']

So basically Rashad beats Shogun, Machida beats Forrest, then Machida beats Rashad again to get the title back......Thats what you're saying?

Blah' date=' blah. TLDR. Got to the part about your bleeding azzhole and skipped the rest.[/quote']

My semi-legit posts.. Or non sense like this?

If you'd rather waste your time reading this garbage, be my guest. Be a lot better if members could contribute the least bit substance to these boards. But we're stuck with members like this, who are wasting good thread real estate.

and beats Shogun in the 3-match. Don't leave out the most important part.

Gotcha...I can agree with that....However I disagree with non-title fights being 5 rounds just so fighters will have more time to get a knockout or a sub.....Wrestling is a huge part of MMA, if the fighters cant get someone off of them for 15 minutes then they have to deal with that...They shouldnt be given an additional 10 minutes because their wrestling sucks.

Gotcha...I can agree with that....However I disagree with non-title fights being 5 rounds just so fighters will have more time to get a knockout or a sub.....Wrestling is a huge part of MMA' date=' if the fighters cant get someone off of them for 15 minutes then they have to deal with that...They shouldnt be given an additional 10 minutes because their wrestling sucks.[/quote']

Not just for wrestlers.. But for all fights.. Not because their wrestling isn't up to par.. But because if a title shot is on the line, and no finish within the 3 rounds, then fights like that deserve 2 more rounds to determine a true winner.. Those fights are too important to be decided in 3 rounds.. It's a joke. Anti climactic. It felt like a title fight, because the title shot was basically on the line, and Dana White let that be known. It killed the event that fight not being 5 rounds.. Atleast 5 rounds will give you a more definitive answer.. To me, that fight is still up in the air.. That's as close to being finished, without actually being finished as I've ever seen a fighter.. When Rampage caught Rashad.

Well I see where you come from with that... You can't stand teh fact taht your big boy lost. Lemme tell you the more the fight went deep the more Rampage would be losing cuz his conditionning isn't close to rashad's.

that being said I agree with you on the fact that the UFC needs to build a real organized ranking structure. Could be a point system. I dunno, really, how it would work.. but a sure thing, only the #2 should get to fight the champ. Not the #4 because #2 just had a fight and #3 got injured.

maybe

finishing the fight : 3 points

unanimous decision : 2 points

split decision : 1 point

draw : 0 points

losing to split : -1

losing to unanimous : -2

being finished : -3

that's just a quick thought I know it's flawed.. But there definitly need to be a system implemented to officialy ranked the fighters in a division and to decide objectivly what will be the next matchups for each fighters. And fack the styles matchup and all that. I don't wanna see someone climb the ladder to the top beacuse he's being offered only fights that are stylisticly good for him.

Unless they put on something serious the UFC will eventualy lose all credibility.

Also gotta watch those suspicious decisions..

yeah title fights should be 7 rounds. after 5 rounds of watching gsp and silva make their opponents look like complete amateur's, sometimes i feel a little let down, as it would add for pure entertainment value and comic relief to watch them do it some more for 2 more rounds.

but i agree with you AK. they should just impose a new rule stating that if two fighters smack talk each other before the fight and claim that they are going to knock each other out and it doesnt happen after three rounds, they should simply just say to hell with it and make round 4 have no time limit - fight till you drop.

I can just see the smack talk from Rampage leading up to his next fight "You are all gonna see a better Rampage than ever before. Forrest you better watch out. I'm gonna reverse d'arce choke your **** boy. You see, I'd eventually knock you out but that might take until closing time at the pub and I don't want to miss last call"

Not just for wrestlers.. But for all fights.. Not because their wrestling isn't up to par.. But because if a title shot is on the line' date=' and no finish within the 3 rounds, then fights like that deserve 2 more rounds to determine a true winner.. Those fights are too important to be decided in 3 rounds.. It's a joke. Anti climactic. It felt like a title fight, because the title shot was basically on the line, and Dana White let that be known. It killed the event that fight not being 5 rounds.. Atleast 5 rounds will give you a more definitive answer.. To me, that fight is still up in the air.. That's as close to being finished, without actually being finished as I've ever seen a fighter.. When Rampage caught Rashad.[/quote']

Doesnt matter AK and you know that...Rashad dominated that entire fight!....If it would have went 2 more rounds Rampage wouldnt have faired any better....He had his chance he ****ed it up...Onto Shogun for Rashad and onto the local mental hospital for Rampage

I don't care what anyone says.. "But that's what makes title fights so special' date=' is that they are 5 rounds." Then people ask well which fights should you make 5 round fights? Big name marquee match ups? NO. Simply fights that result in the winner being guaranteed the next title shot. That's where you draw the line. I don't care if 2 legends are fighting, they don't deserve 5 rounds like fights with title shot implications on the line.

Rampage fans thought they had this one in the bag.. But I don't know WTF you Shogun fan's are laughing at, because Rashad is going to tool your boy Shogun even easier than he did Rampage. He'll break Shogun down like Forrest did, and end up pounding him out. If the RnC is there, I'm sure he'll take it. But you know who comes out on top in all of this mess? Lyoto Machida.[/quote']

Your an idiot,why do you post this inane crap.

The UFC is to MMA' date=' what the NFL is to football. (My apologies foreigners.)

[/quote']

Good one, gotta respect all those soccer fans. lol

I would have liked to see Rashad and Rampage fight another 2 rounds as well. But you know what, they wasted too much time that they did have. I'd say about half of the fight was spent just staring at each other, not willing to throw the first strike. Even if they were given another 2 rounds, I doubt they would have finished the fight.

I don't think Rashad could beat Shogun, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I like how you threw Machida in there at the end lol. Your love never died for him did it? I thought you wrote him off.

I didn't read the OP because that many words from AK usually makes me slightly more unintelligent than before I began, however to answer the title, like a year ago now, the Nevada Athletic Commission passed a rule where main event type fights can be 5 rounds. We've yet to see it, and considering this card was in Vegas, it's incredibly retarded that Rashad/Rampage wasn't 5 rounds.

Archived