Why Rampage didn't finish Evans?!

s1ekier

Why Rampage didn't finish Evans when he had a chance to do it?? He took him down, and I was sure that he finish him. But when he was on top of Rashad he landed couple of punches and then just lay on him. Where was elbows and agression of Rampage?? He didn't do nothing to finish Evans, just let him stand up and recover. I mean he's experienced fghter and I was sure that he dind't loose any oportunity to finish this fight...

Cuz he was afraid of getting KO'ed like he almost did in the first round' date=' and HE didn't wanna get caught... Nuff said.[/quote']

How he could get caught from the bottom? He controled Rashad but didn't do any damage...just lay on him. He had chance to land elbows and do some damage to Rashad. I though he would not miss any chance to beat crap out of Rashad..

I think he was still a little shell shocked from getting clipped and somewhat tired from defending takedowns and fighting to get back to his feet. I also don't think he knew how badly Rashad was rocked and figured it was in his best interest to stand up, catch his breath and concentrate on landing the big KO shot.

If anyone watched MMA Live on ESPN after the fight you would've seen some of their replays. Rampage definately tried to finish Rashad but none of his punches landed flush to Rashad's face while he was on the ground. Rashad really got lucky there. It could've been over easily if Rampage had landed any of those punches and even Rashad admitted that.

Why Rampage didn't finish Evans when he had a chance to do it?? He took him down' date=' and I was sure that he finish him. But when he was on top of Rashad he landed couple of punches and then just lay on him. Where was elbows and agression of Rampage?? He didn't do nothing to finish Evans, just let him stand up and recover. I mean he's experienced fghter and I was sure that he dind't loose any oportunity to finish this fight...[/quote']

When it happened I thought it was over for Rashad, but no. Similar to what happened in Rashad vs Silva. I guess Rampage was running on empty or something.

Don't know what happened with Rampage in that fight. He gave Rashad all the time in the world to recover.

If anyone watched MMA Live on ESPN after the fight you would've seen some of their replays. Rampage definately tried to finish Rashad but none of his punches landed flush to Rashad's face while he was on the ground. Rashad really got lucky there. It could've been over easily if Rampage had landed any of those punches and even Rashad admitted that.

Yes I saw that. Any puch throwed by Rampage didn' reach Rashad face. But then Rampage was on top of him and just hang him and didn,t do any damage. Where's the fury he was talking abont before the fight?

Yes I saw that. Any puch throwed by Rampage didn' reach Rashad face. But then Rampage was on top of him and just hang him and didn' date='t do any damage. Where's the fury he was talking abont before the fight?[/quote']

I don't think his cardio was all there and it didn't help that he was rocked so early in the fight. I think Rashad drained a good chunk of Rampage's gas tank.

I don't think his cardio was all there and it didn't help that he was rocked so early in the fight. I think Rashad drained a good chunk of Rampage's gas tank.

I think Rampage should change the team. His work with wolfslair made him slow and one dimensional fighter-he only stand and bang and wait for oportunity to land a bomb. i think he didn't work on his conditioning and speed at all, onluy on punches...Wolfslair sucks...

Why Rampage didn't finish Evans when he had a chance to do it?? He took him down' date=' and I was sure that he finish him. But when he was on top of Rashad he landed couple of punches and then just lay on him. Where was elbows and agression of Rampage?? He didn't do nothing to finish Evans, just let him stand up and recover. I mean he's experienced fghter and I was sure that he dind't loose any oportunity to finish this fight...[/quote']

He no finish Evans cuz he scare of KTFO. Evans almost did they KTFO in da first 20 seconds of fight, but they did Rampage almost KTFO Evans at end. He no finish because they did are scared of KTFO.

How he could get caught from the bottom? He controled Rashad but didn't do any damage...just lay on him. He had chance to land elbows and do some damage to Rashad. I though he would not miss any chance to beat crap out of Rashad..

Yeah that dudes retarded, he hade Rashad an inch from out but didnt have the gas. Say what you want it was obvious the movie affected the fight he was out of shape for 3 months at250lbs. He did his best but in that time Gayshad was able to stay at 215 where he stays and fight once,and train. Rampage wasnt close to his best it was obvious, just like Mir vs. Nog. And he didnt hurt Rampage that bad cause after he stumbled him with a stright right he couldnt get him down he fought the take down off till later in fight. Rampage didnt even land clean,I watched the fight a bunch of times. Rashad didnt fight he won the competition. If your plan is to win the sport dont talk ****. if you get personal then fight. Sissy way to fight against a lackluster Rampage after all that talk. And he got hurt way worse by grazing punches nothing even landed square or it would hav been goodnite. Rashad how many websites are you on defending your ultimate wrestling

Yeah that dudes retarded' date=' he [b']hade[/b] Rashad an inch from out but didnt have the gas. Say what you want it was obvious the movie affected the fight he was out of shape for 3 months at250lbs. He did his best but in that time Gayshad was able to stay at 215 where he stays and fight once,and train. Rampage wasnt close to his best it was obvious, just like Mir vs. Nog. And he didnt hurt Rampage that bad cause after he stumbled him with a stright right he couldnt get him down he fought the take down off till later in fight. Rampage didnt even land clean,I watched the fight a bunch of times. Rashad didnt fight he won the competition. If your plan is to win the sport dont talk ****. if you get personal then fight. Sissy way to fight against a lackluster Rampage after all that talk. And he got hurt way worse by grazing punches nothing even landed square or it would hav been goodnite. Rashad how many websites are you on defending your ultimate wrestling

Enough said

the infinite ****yness of Rashad ****s' date='

Rampage fights and Rashad trys to avoid fighting, but you keep cheering him on maybe next time he wont get broken up and he can hold on to Rampage the whole time,.[/quote']

Do you want Rashad to apologize for knowing how to win fights? The referee did separate the two quite a bit - not Rashad's fault that Rampage was too slow and gassed to do much to prevent Rashad from executing a wrestling-based strategy.

do you want rashad to apologize for knowing how to win fights? The referee did separate the two quite a bit - not rashad's fault that rampage was too slow and gassed to do much to prevent rashad from executing a wrestling-based strategy.

fail!!!!!

How is it that nobody at the post press conference or MMA live post special asked about rampage's poor decision making in the third round. Even Ariel Helwani failed to ask important questions.

Shogun must have seen this fight and been laughing it up. The so called top contendors best in the world according to Dana. One has a glass chin that always gets him into trouble, and the other has the intelligence of a chimpanzee always looking for that elusive one hit KO.

Rampage is a very enterntaining fighter tho i hope he shakes off his ring rust and starts training again. Lets face it whether you like Rampage or you hate rampage there is probably nobody out there who has rashad as one of their favorite fighters.

rampage didnt do what he does best... so does that make rashad better... he did go three rounds with jackson & proved he stands tall with the best mma has to offer. plus the taunting showboating and punches remin me of ali not nearly exact but in someways similar, easy put evans can scrap & scrap well

rampage caught rashad and had him rocked,got on top and started landing punches,then all of a sudden stopped and layed on him,i dont see what went wrong,rampage was down 2-0 in rounds and there was only a few minutes to go and should hav had a fair idea that he has a better chance to finish evans at that time then to stand up with him and KO him...

We only make excuses becauses we care foo. Something that you dont understand. Its okay for winners to have excuses as to why they won' date=' but when losers make excuses its looked down on?[/quote']

no one cares about how someone loses... people care about how someone wins.

Archived