Wow, huge dissapointment

mike_4

There was too much hype for 114, I was very dissapointed and thought the whole event could of been way better. Sad to say, I liked the preliminary fights better then the ppv fights. I realized that the matchups were terrible. Amir Sadollah got owned and had absolutely no ground game, it was so bad that "Stun Gun" some how made Amir almost choke himself out, Amir had his own arm around his throat. Diego Sanchez got absolutely dominated, he never fights like that. Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow was a boring fight, Duffee has lots of power, but poor accuracy. Lil Nog vs Brilz was a great fight, but Brilz got robbed. He came into the fight as a huge underdog on a short notice, he deserved to win that fight, I think Joe Silva should give him tougher opponents since everyone, even Dana White, knows the Brilz one that fight. Bisping vs Miller was extremely boring, Miller didn't even attempt takedowns. I'm a Bisping fan, and sad to say, I liked his fight against Wanderlei Silva better even though he lost. Finally, Rashad vs Rampage, there was barely any action, Rampage never fights like he did that night, and he could of finished Rashad but he slowed down. After years of wating for Rashad vs Rampage, this is what we get, it was such a dissapointmen....But hey atleast theres hope for UFC 116!

I enjoyed it but was disappointed that Rampage couldn't finish Evans. We got to see new stars emerge in John Hathaway and Jason Brilz, and Russows KO of Duffee was one for the ages. I also enjoyed the Bisping/Miller fight. All in all it was a pretty good event.

I enjoyed it but was disappointed that Rampage couldn't finish Evans. We got to see new stars emerge in John Hathaway and Jason Brilz' date=' and Russows KO of Duffee was one for the ages. I also enjoyed the Bisping/Miller fight. All in all it was a pretty good event.[/quote']

Hathaway yes, but you think Brilz is (or is on his way) to being a star?! He is kind of old and didnt look soooo good to me. Lil Nog didnt let him cause him any damage at all. What would Brilz do against guys like Jones, Bader, Rashad... He is going nowhere imo. Wish him the best though. Nothing personal here... :)

Hathaway yes' date=' but you think Brilz is (or is on his way) to being a star?! He is kind of old and didnt look soooo good to me. Lil Nog didnt let him cause him any damage at all. What would Brilz do against guys like Jones, Bader, Rashad... He is going nowhere imo. Wish him the best though. Nothing personal here... :)[/quote']

Jones would rape Brilz!!! and brilz is prob younger than you so wish you the best buddy!!!!

Hathaway yes' date=' but you think Brilz is (or is on his way) to being a star?! He is kind of old and didnt look soooo good to me. Lil Nog didnt let him cause him any damage at all. What would Brilz do against guys like Jones, Bader, Rashad... He is going nowhere imo. Wish him the best though. Nothing personal here... :)[/quote']

Brilz demonstrated some amazing ground skills. Ya he got swept a few times by Nog, but I bet most of the fighters in the 205 division wouldn't be able to stay on top position with Nog very long. He had Nog in serious trouble a few times in that fight. I don't ever see him being top 5 of the division, but with that fight he has gotten himself out of the 205er division basement and into the light.

The only fight that was a letdown in anyway was Rampage vs Rashad - not all ultra-hyped up fights turn out to be that great. Styles make great fights more than personal feelings imo

The Rampage Rashad fight wasnt that much of a letdown. Rashad would have got the fastest knockout in UFC history if he had more power in his punches. And in the third round Rashad's own speed nearly KOed him as he ran into Rampage's thigh lol. And it was very much like Thiago Silva scare for Rashad. Rashad's style is very boring but its effective.

Archived