Rashad comes in with a HELLA game plan!

bright508620

Rashad came in and bobbed in and out of punches so rampage could not work his power good and he threw flurries and pressed him up against the cage. He then wore Rampage down by grappling so much an clinching. Rashad than tried the takedown but failed most of the time. He used his speed and came out with the win.

- Bob and weave = rampage cannott connect

- PRESS up and clinch = rampage wears and tears down

- Takedown = rampage looses hope, and feels powerless, gets frustrated and looses game plan. starts throwing like wild man

- OVER AND OVER AGAIN

This was a great gameplan. The only thing that rashad needs to work on is his takedowns. When he throws flurries hes gotta shoot lower (like at the knees) because he shooting almost at the hips of rampage and he showed that in the thiago fight also.

Come title time, rashad will be the victor and he will show that shogun is no more than overrated.

I know you all will hate me for posting this but its the truth.

- Rashad has great gameplan. The best camp (in my opinion). Lots of Speed. Hes still improving. And hes more serious than ever.

RASHAD EVANS. THE NEEEWWWW UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

"SUGA" RASHAAAADDD EVANSS!

you heard it from me boys. o and stop complaining little rasmpage *****es.

A good game plan but a weak on too. You don't make a big to do about KOing someone and then "bob and weave" or in Rashads case (run) away. I really don't like either of them. I'm a Thiago fan so it made me pissed when he pulled the same stuff he did against Thiago. Fight, and if you are playing the takedown game, use GnP, submit the guy, and don't try and hug out your problems. I really can't wait for Thiago to win the belt. (may take a while but the LHW belt is passed around more then hooker.) And I doubt that shogun has the tools to beat everyone at LHW. maybe a few defences but if Rashad doesn't win it back I think the next guy will.

As for your comment on shooting lower, Rashad uses a specific takedown style, he doesn't attempt to lift the legs.

He nails just above the hip-line to force your center of gravity behind you(ie a force squat), while holding above the knee's so that you can't compensate, forcing you to the ground.

It isn't as effective as a grab-n-slam, or the more technical take-down to hook the knee's and twist, but remember the size difference between rashad and most other LHWs. This style works for him, so I would imagine that Greg Jackson is willing to let him do what he is comfortable with.

Rashad came in and bobbed in and out of punches so rampage could not work his power good and he threw flurries and pressed him up against the cage. He then wore Rampage down by grappling so much an clinching. Rashad than tried the takedown but failed most of the time. He used his speed and came out with the win.

- Takedown = rampage looses hope' date=' and feels powerless, gets frustrated and looses game plan. starts throwing like wild man

- OVER AND OVER AGAIN

This was a great gameplan. The only thing that rashad needs to work on is his takedowns. When he throws flurries hes gotta shoot lower (like at the knees) because he shooting almost at the hips of rampage and he showed that in the thiago fight also.

Come title time, rashad will be the victor and he will show that shogun is no more than overrated.

- Rashad has great gameplan. The best camp (in my opinion). Lots of Speed. Hes still improving. And hes more serious than ever.

you heard it from me boys. o and stop complaining little rasmpage *****es.[/quote']

Nicely put.

Best analysis of the fight posted here thus far.

As for your comment on shooting lower' date=' Rashad uses a specific takedown style, he doesn't attempt to lift the legs.

He nails just above the hip-line to force your center of gravity behind you(ie a force squat), while holding above the knee's so that you can't compensate, forcing you to the ground.

It isn't as effective as a grab-n-slam, or the more technical take-down to hook the knee's and twist, but remember the size difference between rashad and most other LHWs. This style works for him, so I would imagine that Greg Jackson is willing to let him do what he is comfortable with.[/quote']

ok i see. thanks for explaning man.

- Takedown = rampage looses hope' date=' and feels powerless, gets frustrated and looses game plan. starts throwing like wild man

- OVER AND OVER AGAIN

you heard it from me boys. o and stop complaining little rasmpage *****es.[/quote']

Your dreaming.I might have to kick you out of the Mafia for saying something so stupid.Rashad will not be able to run from Shogun as he has in his last two fights.Heck,if Thiago gets a second crack,how is Rashad going to run from him when he is healthy?He's been fighting scared since Machida stanky legged him and it will not win him a title,just Ko'd when he fights a guy he can't run from.If Machida could not stay away from Shogun,how do you think Rashad can?

WHo says he will have too?

If Machida can take Shogun down' date=' you really think Rashad will have difficulty?[/quote']

you my friend are 100% correct. This guy that thinks he can kick me out odf a mafia can suk my balls. Hes the lowest person on this thread because hes complaining and is scared and mad that rashad won.

- OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Your Pathetic.How many threads you gotta post to get ur stupid opion through .No one cares ****

lol shogun and rashad will be a good fight but rashads wrestling will win it for him. Shoogun will be a better test than rampage was. Rashad owned him.

Your name should be Notsobright,Shogun will be a better test?That thought alone makes me laugh.Rashad cannot and will not be able to run from Shogun,he will just be cut off with a flurry of kicks and punches.All of which would knock him out.

WHo says he will have too?

If Machida can take Shogun down' date=' you really think Rashad will have difficulty?[/quote']

Ya,ask Machida how well that went.Rahshad couldn't take Machida down,and you really think he could take Shogun down?You really need to take a moment and think about that one.He barely could take down a slow,rusty Rampage and you think he could do that to a fighter that is just a quick as he is?

For all of you saying Rashad can take Shogun down just because Machida did need to realize Machida has a background in Sumo and is VERY good at tripping and sweeping. Rashad won't be able to pull what he did against Thiago and Rampage when he fights Shogun. Also I believe Rampage is the one who did more damage in the fight when he had him hurt badly. Rashad is lucky Page had 14 months off because if he had better cardio it would have finished with a KO when he had Rashad wobbled. Greg Jacksons camp motto: "Pull a GSP"

Archived