Does Evans know its UFC not Dancing with the Stars

Nightmare24

For those of you who sad Evans just wrestled for the whole fight please check the fightmetric.

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Evans-Jackson.html

i give it to rashad for havin a gameplan, and it worked. but it was a very boring fight i think. most of those strikes on the site u showed were dirty boxing shots. he looked like randy vs. vera.

fights happen like that though, il live wit it.

kool baki avatar.

all this hype for this fight' date='with these 2 headliners, id be pissed if i paid for a ticket, that fat guy with his stomach hanging over took a beating at least and won, thats what i pay for, KO not dancing, go to boxing[/quote']

go watch boxing tell me how many KO's you get compared to decisions.

all this hype for this fight' date='with these 2 headliners, id be pissed if i paid for a ticket, that fat guy with his stomach hanging over took a beating at least and won, thats what i pay for, KO not dancing, go to boxing[/quote']

Rashad out struck rampage, outwrestled rampage and outclassed rampage. I would personally call your idea of dancing as great, fast footwork. You obviously no nothing about MMA.

And I'm sorry' date=' endless new threads from new people who don't know about MMA complaining how the winner WON the fight.

Wow.[/quote']

Hmm. Haven't actually seen the fight yet but if Rampage doesn't want to spend the night on his back then stuff the take down. Until then Rashad will use his greatest strengths to his advantage.

Saying this I'm hoping that Rua leaves him legally dead if he just tries for the takedown then very occasionally throws a punch to look busy while dry humping him in a feeble attempt to look like he's passing guard and actually trying to finish the fight.

Ground and pound is something like what GSP does; i.e. not just lie there in guard and be satisfied with it.

Also: to keep to the thread topic, if Rashad's boxing is too fast and technical for Rampage then too bad. As I said using his strengths to his advantage. I'm a fan of ground and pound and the technical complexity of position as well as damage put lay and pray is just lazy and completely unacceptable if you're expecting people to actually pay to watch you perform.

Hmm. Haven't actually seen the fight yet but if Rampage doesn't want to spend the night on his back then stuff the take down. Until then Rashad will use his greatest strengths to his advantage.

Saying this I'm hoping that Rua leaves him legally dead if he just tries for the takedown then very occasionally throws a punch to look busy while dry humping him in a feeble attempt to look like he's passing guard and actually trying to finish the fight.

Ground and pound is something like what GSP does; i.e. not just lie there in guard and be satisfied with it.

People should watch the fights instead of going by hear-say. That's how people get the wrong impression. Rashad put on an excellent performance and though Rampage was using the excuse of ring rust and movie making, he still did pretty well. Rashad just proved he's no pushover.

To be a great MMA fighter you have to know how to dance. All the great fighters know how to dance.

You have to have:

Dancing

MMA

Rhythm

Rhythm

Agility

Agility

Balance

Balance

Skills

Skills

focus

focus

Flexibility

Flexibility

Light on your feet

Light on your feet

Endurance

Endurance

Grace

Move accordingly to opposing forces

Move accordingly to opposing forces

Adjust to your partner

Adjust to your opponent

Agreed and I'll try to get round to watching it if I can. Not a fan of UFC media manager though as when I installed it my anti-virus found a (you guessed it) virus afterwards.

Also Doc I'd like to refer you to my edit on my previous post. I don't disagree with Rashad using his intelligence to win and I'm not accussing him of LnP but my views on GnP and LnP stand for every fight.

Also: to keep to the thread topic' date=' if Rashad's boxing is too fast and technical for Rampage then too bad. As I said using his strengths to his advantage. I'm a fan of ground and pound and the technical complexity of position as well as damage put lay and pray is just lazy and completely unacceptable if you're expecting people to actually pay to watch you perform.[/quote']

If you don't want to get taken down, stuff it. If you're fighting a fighter with superior striking, take him down. It's really simple logic. People come on here and whine like babies because they're so frustrated because their intellect is only rivaled by camel nuts. It's MMA. You fight to your strengths and try to curb your opponents strengths. If your smashed against the cage, on your back etc. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

People say the same thing about GSP. It certainly is acceptable and it won the fight didn't it?

With your logic and other peoples, it's like saying Shaq should play point guard, or Tom Brady be a running back. I've seen great defense win games. There's no fireworks but it gets the win. I know people like more exciting fights but that just doesn't happen all the time. Quit *****ing about it, and if your boy can't do anything about it, maybe you should man up, become a fighter and practice what you preach.

People should watch the fights instead of going by hear-say. That's how people get the wrong impression. Rashad put on an excellent performance and though Rampage was using the excuse of ring rust and movie making' date=' he still did pretty well. Rashad just proved he's no pushover.[/quote']

I did watch the fight! and obviously your not a doctor when it comes to mma! Shogun didnt look all that good coming back, cote didnt look good, ring rust is a factor! And excellent performance? didn't you hear the people booooooo boooooo bc rashad is boring! nobody wants to see him laying on top getting his feel on.

I did watch the fight! and obviously your not a doctor when it comes to mma! Shogun didnt look all that good coming back' date=' cote didnt look good, ring rust is a factor! And excellent performance? didn't you hear the people booooooo boooooo bc rashad is boring! nobody wants to see him laying on top getting his feel on.[/quote']

Yeah I heard the people boo. They are referred on here and by Joe Rogan as MEATHEADS. No respect for a sport ABOUT respect. Come on, that fight was not boring at all! And to say it was just shows you aren't a big fan. Sorry.

Yeah I heard the people boo. They are referred on here and by Joe Rogan as MEATHEADS. No respect for a sport ABOUT respect. Come on' date=' that fight was not boring at all! And to say it was just shows you aren't a big fan. Sorry.[/quote']

Ima huge fan!!!!! and the tension was crazy but then in the second you could see rashad didnt want to fight! and im sure those seats arent that cheap call me a meathead but I dont wanna pay 4 lay and pray!

Ima huge fan!!!!! and the tension was crazy but then in the second you could see rashad didnt want to fight! and im sure those seats arent that cheap call me a meathead but I dont wanna pay 4 lay and pray!

You paid to see Rampage put on a half-a** performance and Rashad didn't lay and pray. You guys have to realize if the action is on the ground and it doesn't seem like anything is going on, it actually is. Why do you think they're so tired when they stand? They're constantly working in there for the advantage. And if you don't want to pay for something you aren't sure the outcome will be, why even watch?

Rashad won. Rampage lost. One winner, one loser. That's how it goes. No matter how it's won.

You paid to see Rampage put on a half-a** performance and Rashad didn't lay and pray. You guys have to realize if the action is on the ground and it doesn't seem like anything is going on' date=' it actually is. Why do you think they're so tired when they stand? They're constantly working in there for the advantage. And if you don't want to pay for something you aren't sure the outcome will be, why even watch?

Rashad won. Rampage lost. One winner, one loser. That's how it goes. No matter how it's won.[/quote']

oh ok!

Fight don't dance' date=' be a man and take the beating you had coming like in the 3rd round. :mad:[/quote']

that wasn't dancing...Silva was dancing...

For those of you who sad Evans just wrestled for the whole fight please check the fightmetric.

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Evans-Jackson.html

don't always go by those numbers...sometimes they don't tell the true story' date=' but in this case it does lol...

If Rampage can't stop him then why can't Rashad dance? That's my take of Silva vs. Maia, Maia didn't do anything to keep Silva from doing what he was doing.

exactly...

If you don't want to get taken down' date=' stuff it. If you're fighting a fighter with superior striking, take him down. It's really simple logic. People come on here and whine like babies because they're so frustrated because their intellect is only rivaled by camel nuts. It's MMA. You fight to your strengths and try to curb your opponents strengths. If your smashed against the cage, on your back etc. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

People say the same thing about GSP. It certainly is acceptable and it won the fight didn't it?

With your logic and other peoples, it's like saying Shaq should play point guard, or Tom Brady be a running back. I've seen great defense win games. There's no fireworks but it gets the win. I know people like more exciting fights but that just doesn't happen all the time. Quit *****ing about it, and if your boy can't do anything about it, maybe you should man up, become a fighter and practice what you preach.[/quote']

I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make. To make it clearer I'll put it in capitals for you: I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT RASHAD FOUGHT AN INTELLIGENT FIGHT TO WIN! IF HIS STRENGTHS ARE WRESTLING AND TECHNICAL BOXING THEN HIS OPPONENTS NEED TO LEARN TO COUNTER THEM!

My mini rant about LnP and GnP is a sub topic and, I'll admit, a slight deviation from the thread topic but you have to agree that there is a difference. GnP like GSP (ONLY AN EXAMPLE) where he advances position, controls his opponent and does damage in an attempt to finish fights is exciting and worth paying to watch. I was only saying, AND I'M NOT ACCUSING RASHAD OF DOING THIS AGAINST RAMPAGE, that a fighter who goes for the takedown and then just does nothing and stalls the fight needs to be stood up faster and make more of an effort.

Archived