Rampage Overratted????

Quickz

I was sitting in a room where everyone but 2 of us cheered for Rashad. Rampage seemed to have the egde in almost everyones mind. My question is do you think Rampage may be a slightly overratted fighter?? Evans seemed to beat him to every punch, every takedown and was just overall better fighter. Soo based on that fight is was rampge highly overratted or what!!

Glad to see evans get a chance to fight Shogun, cause rampge would have gotten his **** handed to him. SO at the end of the end is Rampage overrated????

I don't think Rampage is overrated at all. I think he's dangerous and should have trained smarter.

Rashad came in with a game plan to wear Rampage out, I could not foresee any situation where Rashad was going to batter and destroy Rampage, that much was apparent when he made almost no attempt to stand with Jackson... that and the fear in his eyes when he was on his back.

Yeah, I was cheering for Rampage even though I knew he couldn't win this. I commend Rashad for his ability to control the action, but it was such a b*tch move to talk about knocking rampage out and beating him at his own game. After all that trash talk, I respect that Rashad won, but he really proved nothing more than what we knew in the first place... Rashad is a collegiate wrestler, Rampage is a high school wrestler. I didn't need 3 weeks of prime time and and 10 or so weeks of TUF to know that.

If Rampage doesn't want to train the way the new breed of fighter is training, MMA will pass him by but you're a fool if you think that Rampage doesn't pose threats to ANYONE in the LHW division... including the man who out pointed him tonight.

Tru I give Rampage the hype! Everything that he is makes him such a big star, I just find it annoying that people underate the skills that rashad has! Ya maybe he might not knock out people but he is a complete fighter

What? Rashad underrated? What are you talking about? Rampage isn't overrated because he lost one fight. Rashad only won because he had a better game plan and that game plan was to hug Rampage and run away from him when striking. I picked Rashad to win, but Rampage is not overrated, he just hasn't fought in a while.

I don't think Rampage is overrated at all. I think he's dangerous and should have trained smarter.

Rashad came in with a game plan to wear Rampage out' date=' I could not foresee any situation where Rashad was going to batter and destroy Rampage, that much was apparent when he made almost no attempt to stand with Jackson... that and the fear in his eyes when he was on his back.

Yeah, I was cheering for Rampage even though I knew he couldn't win this. I commend Rashad for his ability to control the action, but it was such a b*tch move to talk about knocking rampage out and beating him at his own game. After all that trash talk, I respect that Rashad won, but he really proved nothing more than what we knew in the first place... Rashad is a collegiate wrestler, Rampage is a high school wrestler. I didn't need 3 weeks of prime time and and 10 or so weeks of TUF to know that.

If Rampage doesn't want to train the way the new breed of fighter is training, MMA will pass him by but you're a fool if you think that Rampage doesn't pose threats to ANYONE in the LHW division... including the man who out pointed him tonight.[/quote']

Ya I agree Rampage is good, but he does not have a well rounded fight game, Im sorry he just doesnt. Rashad isnt the best fighter but I gotta admit he out classed rampage I sorry btu its the truth. Rampage be it not wanting to train like a pro or whatever, he is OVERRATTED sorry after watching this fight it has become clear to me. Rampage can box, cant wrestle, cant fight good for 3 rounds, cant overcome a complete fighter

He is charismatic' date=' of course he's over-rated. I think he is good, but not the all TKOing god a lot of people make him out to be. Rashad, on the other hand, is extremely under-rated.[/quote']

cause almost losing to an over rated fighter makes you a

great under rated fighter

What? Rashad underrated? What are you talking about? Rampage isn't overrated because he lost one fight. Rashad only won because he had a better game plan and that game plan was to hug Rampage and run away from him when striking. I picked Rashad to win' date=' but Rampage is not overrated, he just hasn't fought in a while.[/quote']

Come on man wtf??? Run and hug and not strike buddy hge strike with him fine?? WOW some people are soo simply minded...Rashad out classed and beat him fair and square dont try to make excuses for rampage

Hello, anyone can win if they train to run away and try to dry h!mp, i will name a few great examples, jake shields, GSP, Koscheck.....and many no name fighters who will never make it if they keep it up! Rampage fights to engage like a grown a$$ man! if you look at him, he didn't have a mark on his face, actually less than hardy did when he fought GSP. Think about it long and hard people he was a man, and he stood up like a man and put his heart into it, he's a real showman, like all the greats. If Rashad keeps this up on the other hand, he's going to be forgotten very easily once he gets knocked out again. Oh yeah, i almost forgot, we probably won't forget him soon because he has a great carrier ahead of him once he gets knocked out,......ESPN is waiting for him, let's hope he wakes up after he gets knocked out because it wouldn't be good to not wake up on your first day of work!.....hahaha.

I was sitting in a room where everyone but 2 of us cheered for Rashad. Rampage seemed to have the egde in almost everyones mind. My question is do you think Rampage may be a slightly overratted fighter?? Evans seemed to beat him to every punch' date=' every takedown and was just overall better fighter. Soo based on that fight is was rampge highly overratted or what!!

Glad to see evans get a chance to fight Shogun, cause rampge would have gotten his **** handed to him. SO at the end of the end is Rampage overrated????[/quote']

Rashad is a better fighter and proved it tonight.

Rampage is not overrated. I don't think he is ranked that high.

I think any good fighter that is well known and is very good with the knockouts is overrated, but I don't think Rashad is underrated just people like seeing Rampage fight better because he gives us the knock outs and slams. Rashad gives us great takedowns and wrestling and yeah he does have some pretty good knock outs over Chuck Liddel, Sean Salmon, and Forrest Griffin. But I still cheer for Rampage cause he's freken awesome :D Boo to his loss but i thought Rashad said he would knock him out and all that stuff on the standup or whatever? I mean he even bought him a Snuggie doesnt look like rampage is going to need it because he wasnt knocked out.

well I think he's a bit overrated but as it's been said already I think it's more like Rashad is underrated.. Rashad has lil sad eyes he really doesn't look tough and eh doesn't act tough.. he isn't tough actually.. but he's smart, and technical..

I cheered for Rashad, but I really wasn,t sure.. I knew Rashad ws going to control the fight and be more active than Rampage. But I also knew it could end in a flash with a single punch KO from Rampage at any moment.. And it almost happened.. If they faced again tomorrow the outcome could be diffrent, it could be the same. Overall, Rampage isn't the most skilled fighter, but he certainly is one of the toughest motherfacker in that division.

I was sitting in a room where everyone but 2 of us cheered for Rashad. Rampage seemed to have the egde in almost everyones mind. My question is do you think Rampage may be a slightly overratted fighter?? Evans seemed to beat him to every punch' date=' every takedown and was just overall better fighter. Soo based on that fight is was rampge highly overratted or what!!

Glad to see evans get a chance to fight Shogun, cause rampge would have gotten his **** handed to him. SO at the end of the end is Rampage overrated????[/quote']

no.... just no.. im gonna have to give a nice warm

epic_fail.jpg

Okay, I do not like Rashad at all!! i actually despise him but overall he is a better technical fighter... I love Rampage he was born in the state i live in and i had the same wrestling coach as he. Rampage has amazing power, he is not overrated, he just took Rashad to decision and almost finished him in the 3rd round after being away for 14 months!! Rashad i believe is a littloe overrated not so much to say he isn't a good fighter but his chin is really weak and his striking is strong it is not as powerful as most think...i mean he punch chuck, whose chin has been weak for a while now, right on the on off switch! if that overhand misses chuck's uppercut lands and we arent even talking about Rashad in my opinion. Rampage and Rashad will fight again and i believe Rampage will work on his takedown defense and win by tko or KO if he can be gassed and almost KO rashad in the 3rd then he will be amazing next time. Now i do not like the way Rashad fights nor GSP but guess what they train together! i would not say Rashad is necessarily better wrestler than Rampage and i know he wrestled at MSU and Rampage went right into fighting but being a great wrestler and being good at takedowns are two different things! i see what rashad did lastnight as cuddling and hugging his way to decison. Rampage i believe will finish him next time and any time after that.. i made a prediction that the only way Rashad wins is by decison and i was right and GSP and him both have weak chins and that is why they do the way they do but they will lose fans no doubt about it! and i believe they should! i understand playing it safe but there is no excuse for the best fighters to not finish fights!

I think Rampage put too much stock in Rashad's words of "I'm gonna knock you out".

He might have actually BELIEVED that Rashad would try to stand with him for more than a minute.

He still isn't overrated in any way though.

For this fight I think he was, but he can beat a lot of dudes down, for sure.

i never thought rampage had the win, but i was rooting for him, mainly because i dislike rashad.

i dont think rampage is overrated

but his training throughout his career hasnt be all that great

and his dedication can be questioned too

rashad is very talented

and was too slick and smooth for rampage

it was literally technique vs strength...and was easy to see which is better

honestly im such a huuuuuuge fan of rampage n 2night yea it pissed me off he lost but its called ring rust he didnt look comfortable n i love rampage but dana whites right ringrust a a real thing i truly believe he was scared to lose to rashad n thats why he was timid to engage or do anything....honestly dont critize my statement just listen ur tellin me the man who rushed dan henderson and has the best knockout power in mma got beat by rashad n didnt have any negative impact from his break from fighting he had a ****ing year+ layoff wait till their rematch he will win i guarentee fu&%ing guarentee..call me a sore loser w.e ik everybody knows hed win the rematch after he shakes the ringrust off...damn he had him in the 3rd round why he stopped i have no f-ing clue maybe he was that tired but it was ridiculous him and thiago made the same mistake of letting that fu*&er go i hope shogun can deal with his wrestling which im scraed rashad might win bc of his wrestling bc machida easily took shogun down imagine what an explosive wreslter like rashad could do but i hope shogun can make him do the stanky leg n catch him like he caught machida

Rashad came in with a game plan to wear Rampage out' date=' I could not foresee any situation where Rashad was going to batter and destroy Rampage, that much was apparent when he made almost no attempt to stand with Jackson... that and the fear in his eyes when he was on his back.

If Rampage doesn't want to train the way the new breed of fighter is training, MMA will pass him by but you're a fool if you think that Rampage doesn't pose threats to ANYONE in the LHW division... including the man who out pointed him tonight.[/quote']

interesting point, but at least Rashad landed a big punch and Rampage almost finished Rashad, but I think I heard somewhere that Rampage signed a six fight deal with the UFC upon his return so he isnt going anywhere for awhile, since he didnt get beat up to bad I'd say let him rematch Griffin or have him fight Machida

to say that he is underrated is pretty much telling me you watched the primetime show on spike and havent seen him fight outside of the ufc. he is an excellent wrestler, has amazing slams, and has some of heaviest hands in mma. he doesnt train very well as he even admits most of the time, and ring rust played an obvious role in tonites loss i would say, saying that i take nothing away from Rashad's win he executed his game plan perfectly and got the dub.

imo Ramapage is a better FIGHTER than Rashad, but Rashad is athletic and can execute gameplans.

lose one fight, and your overrated.....retarded. Rampage is 5-2 in the UFC and both loses were by decision, and both times he took a year off. Rampage still has excellent takedown defense, and he is still one of the best boxers, Rashad did a good job sticking to RJ like crazy glue, but I assure you Rampage will be back, no doubt about it.

lose one fight' date=' and your overrated.....retarded. Rampage is 5-2 in the UFC and both loses were by decision, and both times he took a year off. Rampage still has excellent takedown defense, and he is still one of the best boxers, Rashad did a good job sticking to RJ like crazy glue, but I assure you Rampage will be back, no doubt about it.[/quote']

+1

Jackson is known just for his slams. Look what happens if he gets caught either by a good (great) Wanderlei or he is too slow for the great Vitor. Face down.

What?! Just for his slams??!! Watch some tapes junior, you might learn something!! And Rampage never fought Vitor Belfort!!! Plus they arent even in the same weight division, and they have never fought.... Wtf are you talking about man?!

Plus, it took Wanderlei 22 hard knees and 6 soccer kicks to the dome to KO Jackson.....something else he is known for.....might want to write that down. One of the Hardest/if not THE Hardest Chins in MMA.

Also he has KO by Punch victories over;

Chuck Liddell- QJ beat him down twice, once by corner stoppage due to pownedage, once by KO.

Your precious Wanderlei got KTFO recently with ONE(one mind you) HARD left hook.

Kevin Randleman back when KR was worth a damn, now he sucks, but back then he was primed and pumped full of steroids and Rampage beat his a** down.

Out of 30 wins, Rampage has 14 Knockouts. And also, out of his 8 losses, he has only lost ONCE to KO, and two times to Tko, Only 3 times by decision. You are insane if you have no respect for Jackson.

What?! Just for his slams??!! Watch some tapes junior' date=' you might learn something!! And Rampage never fought Vitor Belfort!!! Plus they arent even in the same weight division, and they have never fought.... Wtf are you talking about man?!

Plus, it took Wanderlei 22 hard knees and 6 soccer kicks to the dome to KO Jackson.....something else he is known for.....might want to write that down. One of the Hardest/if not THE Hardest Chins in MMA.

Also he has KO by Punch victories over;

Chuck Liddell- QJ beat him down twice, once by corner stoppage due to pownedage, once by KO.

Your precious Wanderlei got KTFO recently with ONE(one mind you) HARD left hook.

Kevin Randleman back when KR was worth a damn, now he sucks, but back then he was primed and pumped full of steroids and Rampage beat his a** down.

Out of 30 wins, Rampage has 14 Knockouts. And also, out of his 8 losses, he has only lost ONCE to KO, and two times to Tko, Only 3 times by decision. You are insane if you have no respect for Jackson.[/quote']

+1

Rashad or Rampage' date=' it wont make any difference anymore. Rua is gonna own their asses! The performance of Rashad earlier is not gonna fly with Shogun.[/quote']

This fight only meant adding a W, because no matter who it was gonna be, that L was a-comin!

Shogun is HERE!

Yes he is over rated. He doesn't suck, but he is is very one dimensional. For some odd reason he has completely abandoned his slams and wrestling and just tries to box now. And he isn't that good at it. He just hits hard.

People buy into the ****y machismo bullsh#t personal that Rampage presents to the public. People dig that. They like the tough guy attitude. But that attitude doesn't actually make you any better. It is a front.

So ya.. lots of people think he is better then he is.

Ya I agree Rampage is good' date=' but he does not have a well rounded fight game, Im sorry he just doesnt. Rashad isnt the best fighter but I gotta admit he out classed rampage I sorry btu its the truth. Rampage be it not wanting to train like a pro or whatever, he is OVERRATTED sorry after watching this fight it has become clear to me. Rampage can box, cant wrestle, cant fight good for 3 rounds, cant overcome a complete fighter[/quote']

You only just figured that out now? Rampage has always been over rated, every fight he goes into people expect him to be more than human but he never is. I bet if him and Rashad were to have a rematch, people would once again say Rampage is going to "murder" him or whatever, people just dont learn.

Yes he is over rated. He doesn't suck' date=' but he is is very one dimensional. For some odd reason he has completely abandoned his slams and wrestling and just tries to box now. And he isn't that good at it. He just hits hard.

People buy into the ****y machismo bullsh#t personal that Rampage presents to the public. People dig that. They like the tough guy attitude. But that attitude doesn't actually make you any better. It is a front.

So ya.. lots of people think he is better then he is.[/quote']

finally someone understands how reality works. acting tough and having a good sense of humour doesnt mean you're strong and going to win a fight...

Archived