Coward

MMAEars

Alright... this has to be the most idiotic insult I have seen on these boards.

Seriously, these guys are professional fighters. This is what they do. This what they love. They never run and never back down from anyone.

So to call one of these guys a coward is really the height of stupidity.

Thank you and good night.

Seriously' date=' these guys are professional fighters. This is what they do. This what they love. They never run and never back down from anyone.

Thank you and good night.[/quote']

Its one thing if wrestling is your bread and butter, and you use it to defeat your opponent.

It is another thing if you talk ****, for a YEAR, saying your going to KO your opponent and then hold him on the fence doing no work for most of the fight. I have no problem with wrestling in mma. GSP is my favorite fighter. That said, GSP didnt claim he was going to KO hardy for a year. Rashad talked so much about how easy it would be. How rampage was so slow and he was gonna destroy him. Instead he chose to play it safe, as many of us believed he would. Its the talk before hand that is making people call him a coward or whatever else. Sure it would have been stupid for him to stand with rampage, but he said he was going to. Maybe he doesnt care about having fans or people liking him, but as a fan i feel ripped off. I know the hype game, and honestly did think most of evans talk was just fluff. The thing is he is gonna get what he deserves. After all that talk every fan has the right to call him a coward until either shuts up or backs his talk up. Nuf said?

Rashad's game plan was cowardlike to say the least because he knows Rampage has more KO power than him. That's not to say Rashad is a coward.

it's not cowardlike. It's smart. The guy isn't stupid. He knows Rampage has deadly power in his hands and that his chin couldn't stand these bombs. He's aware of that truth, he faces it, and still goes in that octagon for 15 minute with that dangerous man to have a fight. And he doesn't run, eh dares striking, and is being agressive, pushes the fight, takes the monster down. Man.. is that cowardlike? no.

One could call on cowardice for every use of startegy. Let's say you pick a fight with a huge guy who just doesn't know how to fight, he's just a big bum and wanna beat your face up cuz you stepped on his foot. If you know how to do boxing you will carry your hands up because that way you can block his punches. According to your logic, that would be a cowardlike act because you're not willing to eat his shots on your head and are trying to protect yourself.

Its one thing if wrestling is your bread and butter' date=' and you use it to defeat your opponent.

It is another thing if you talk ****, for a YEAR, saying your going to KO your opponent and then hold him on the fence doing no work for most of the fight. I have no problem with wrestling in mma. GSP is my favorite fighter. That said, GSP didnt claim he was going to KO hardy for a year. Rashad talked so much about how easy it would be. How rampage was so slow and he was gonna destroy him. Instead he chose to play it safe, as many of us believed he would. Its the talk before hand that is making people call him a coward or whatever else. Sure it would have been stupid for him to stand with rampage, but he said he was going to. Maybe he doesnt care about having fans or people liking him, but as a fan i feel ripped off. I know the hype game, and honestly did think most of evans talk was just fluff. The thing is he is gonna get what he deserves. After all that talk every fan has the right to call him a coward until either shuts up or backs his talk up. Nuf said?[/quote']

dude. If you're a wrestler maybe you're counting on getting your opponent to the ground, dominating him and beating his face off with GnP. But then maybe your opponent is harder to dominate than you thought and you end up spending most of the fight trying to get him into that position you wanted to GnP him. No man that accepts to pick a fight against Rampage should ever be called a coward. And I think it's funny that people think a pro and smart fighter who puts his life and health in danger by stepping into the octagon with a big man who,s been training for months just to hurt him is a coward, while they're sitting on their couch and writting on the internet in their anonymous comfort of peaceful suburbs.

call Rashad a coward, a sissy, a wimp ....whatever you want...fact is he has another notch in his WIN column and Rampage has another loss, I have no love for either one of them, but I do think that Rashad did plan ahead and he stuck with the gameplan and won. The name of the game is WIN...I would have liked a knock down drag out fight as well, Id would have LOVED a brutal 3 rounds that ended with SOMEONE Ko'd.

dude. If you're a wrestler maybe you're counting on getting your opponent to the ground' date=' dominating him and beating his face off with GnP. But then maybe your opponent is harder to dominate than you thought and you end up spending most of the fight trying to get him into that position you wanted to GnP him. No man that accepts to pick a fight against Rampage should ever be called a coward. And I think it's funny that people think a pro and smart fighter who puts his life and health in danger by stepping into the octagon with a big man who,s been training for months just to hurt him is a coward, while they're sitting on their couch and writting on the internet in their anonymous comfort of peaceful suburbs.[/quote']

Your missing my point almost completely. As i said above I have no problem with the way he fought. Gsp is my fav fighter and he does the same thing. The train together and have some of the same coaches. Nothing rashad said would give the impression he planned to use his wrestling. Now not to many of us bought into that, but the fact remains he said it and said it for over a year. If you want quotes i can give you plenty. He talked a lot of **** about gettin that ko. We all know what he meant, and it wasnt that he was going to GnP him into a ko.

Personally i always thought that most everything he was saying was for hype or some half **** attempt to get into rampage's head / trick him. To me if your going to say all those things, and then show up on fight night with no intention of following through on your claims then fans have the right to say whatever they want about your idiocy.

Enough with the " say that to his face " type arguments they dont make sense. Yes your right im sitting safe and comfortably in my home, but dont think for one second you know anything about me. I'm In school to be a Police officer you know somebody who " puts his life and health in danger " to help / protect other people not just make myself rich. I'm voicing my opinion about his fight on a UFC internet forum. Which if i'm not mistaken is the purpose of this website. Evans disrespected every UFC fan With his television antics which to me amount to nothing more of a year of lies. So yes If had the opportunity to sit down with evans I would tell him exactly what I think of him.

Let me repeat this one more time incase you didnt catch it : Rashad used his biggest advantages in a well formulated game plan to defeat a superior striker, and i give him credit for doing a SMART thing. I dont like being lied to by a halfwit who thinks he is a hell of lot smarter / better then he really is. If your gonna talk that much **** for that long you need to either back it up or stop the pointless talking.

Your missing my point almost completely. As i said above I have no problem with the way he fought. Gsp is my fav fighter and he does the same thing. The train together and have some of the same coaches. Nothing rashad said would give the impression he planned to use his wrestling. Now not to many of us bought into that' date=' but the fact remains he said it and said it for over a year. If you want quotes i can give you plenty. He talked a lot of **** about gettin that ko. We all know what he meant, and it wasnt that he was going to GnP him into a ko.

Personally i always thought that most everything he was saying was for hype or some half **** attempt to get into rampage's head / trick him. To me if your going to say all those things, and then show up on fight night with no intention of following through on your claims then fans have the right to say whatever they want about your idiocy.

Let me repeat this one more time incase you didnt catch it : Rashad used his biggest advantages in a well formulated game plan to defeat a superior striker, and i give him credit for doing a SMART thing. I dont like being lied to by a halfwit who thinks he is a hell of lot smarter / better then he really is. If your gonna talk that much **** for that long you need to either back it up or stop the pointless talking.[/quote']

All I care about is knocking out you I don't care who else I've knocked out. Rampage I got you a Snuggie that way when you're knocked out you can stay nice and warm! *lol* Just to name a couple. I agree it's fine that he used a smart game plan to squeek out yet ANOTHER Decision....But after saying he was going to knock rampage out for over a year there is no excuse for that kind of gameplan....Rashad should SERIOUSLY consider getting his name changed to Tito St.Fitch because he's a BORING **** FIGHTER!! I don't care what anyone says.....After all the **** talking to come in and pull the garbage he did tonight is unforgiveable. Say what you want DON'T CARE!

All I care about is knocking out you I don't care who else I've knocked out. Rampage I got you a Snuggie that way when you're knocked out you can stay nice and warm! *lol* Just to name a couple. I agree it's fine that he used a smart game plan to squeek out yet ANOTHER Decision....But after saying he was going to knock rampage out for over a year there is no excuse for that kind of gameplan....Rashad should SERIOUSLY consider getting his name changed to Tito St.Fitch because he's a BORING **** FIGHTER!! I don't care what anyone says.....After all the **** talking to come in and pull the garbage he did tonight is unforgiveable. Say what you want DON'T CARE!

uh... I'm pretty sure rampage said he was gonna knock out rashad too and he didn't...

uh... I'm pretty sure rampage said he was gonna knock out rashad too and he didn't...

The Difference in what you say and what I say is OBVIOUS! But I'll point it out for you since you can't figure it out.....Rashad came to WRESTLE Rampage came to FIGHT! Rampage hasn't fought in over 15 months. Rashad is scared to get hit. *lol* You really shouldn't have replied to my post since you obviously didn't get it.....It's ok though....Rashad talked all that **** about knocking him out and never had the intention to keep the fight standing....BTW who ALMOST got Knocked out and who didn't even come close?? Food for thought

Seriously' date=' these guys are professional fighters. This is what they do. This what they love. They never run and never back down from anyone.

You know what, you bring up a good point... And Rashad doesn't give a crap about what petty people think about him. He's just living his dream and earning what is most likely more money than you make in a whole year. Suck on that.

People are calling him a coward cause he said he was gonna knock him out and didn't. Sometimes in sports you go into a match saying your gonna do something then you don't because it's not always the best idead telling your opponent the gameplan before a fight. plus i think i remember rampage saying he was gonna KO Rashad and he had his chance and didn't capitalize.

The Difference in what you say and what I say is OBVIOUS! But I'll point it out for you since you can't figure it out.....Rashad came to WRESTLE Rampage came to FIGHT! Rampage hasn't fought in over 15 months. Rashad is scared to get hit. *lol* You really shouldn't have replied to my post since you obviously didn't get it.....It's ok though....Rashad talked all that **** about knocking him out and never had the intention to keep the fight standing....BTW who ALMOST got Knocked out and who didn't even come close?? Food for thought

Um, Rashad, 15 seconds in, couldve finished it with a little more reckless abandonment. Ya he almost got KO'd, but who got manhandled for about 15 minutes? Oh ya. Jackson.

And Bisping said he was gonna get a KO/TKO or a sub and did neither, but no ones on his nuts about not finishing. Gotta give it to 'Page for staying in there but aside from his 30 seconds of fame he got served that match.

Oh, and everyone thinks that FIGHTING means throwing fists in the pocket. FIGHTING is ALL types of combat, including WRESTLING. Welcome to MMA

Your missing my point almost completely. As i said above I have no problem with the way he fought. Gsp is my fav fighter and he does the same thing. The train together and have some of the same coaches. Nothing rashad said would give the impression he planned to use his wrestling. Now not to many of us bought into that' date=' but the fact remains he said it and said it for over a year. If you want quotes i can give you plenty. He talked a lot of **** about gettin that ko. We all know what he meant, and it wasnt that he was going to GnP him into a ko.

Enough with the " say that to his face " type arguments they dont make sense. Yes your right im sitting safe and comfortably in my home, but dont think for one second you know anything about me. I'm In school to be a Police officer you know somebody who " puts his life and health in danger " to help / protect other people not just make myself rich. I'm voicing my opinion about his fight on a UFC internet forum. Which if i'm not mistaken is the purpose of this website. Evans disrespected every UFC fan With his television antics which to me amount to nothing more of a year of lies. So yes If had the opportunity to sit down with evans I would tell him exactly what I think of him.

Let me repeat this one more time incase you didnt catch it : Rashad used his biggest advantages in a well formulated game plan to defeat a superior striker, and i give him credit for doing a SMART thing. I dont like being lied to by a halfwit who thinks he is a hell of lot smarter / better then he really is. If your gonna talk that much **** for that long you need to either back it up or stop the pointless talking.[/quote']

Well man lemme tell you this : if you really believed one second that Rashad was going to just let go of his wrestling and bang with Rampage, you're an idiot. Everyone knew he was going to wrestle. We saw him practice his wrestling in the primetime what did you think that was for.

You're talking about quotes that were said when he was having tirads with Rampage and of course when you think of making someone pay for his words you think of knocking him out, so you say you're gonna knock him out. If your ego is so big that you think Rashad was actually directing his words to you all this time then good for you. I don't remember seeing Rashad sit and talk to the camera saying "ok to all my fans, I'm gonna stand up, and bang with Rampage, and KO him".

And I would definitly have been satisfied if he GnP'd him to TKO but he just wasn't able to do it. Standing straight with Rampage would have been plain dumb.

And as I said in other posts, I see all Rampage ****s crying about Rashad's strategy, and of course all they can do is act like if they didn't know what was coming. Why dont you blame Rampage for training like a chump and not working properly on his wrestling so he could turn it around instead of just leaning against the fence, helpless, waiting for Dean to split the fight.

Truth is, most threats and promises for this fight came from Rampage. What Rashad did is just reply in the action and keep the hate up. Now tell me big brave man, what did Rampage do to back up his saids? Rampage just didn't push the fight at all he was all slow and almost never attacked all he did is wait for Rashad to come in and try to get him with that big punch. that really is ALL he did. Rashad pushed the whole fight. Even when Rashad was hurt and rocked Rampage was hesitating and let him time to recover.

And btw, I didn't say "say it to his face" cuz I think too it's a dumb argument. What I said is I see tons of keyboard warriors saying that these fighters are cowards from time to time when stepping in the octagon to pick a fight wih a big dangerous man who wants to rip your head off in front of thousands of people and millions of TV viewers is lightyears ahead of what their own courage will ever allow.

Well Kalib Starnes was a bit of a coward especially in that fight against quarry

Well man lemme tell you this : if you really believed one second that Rashad was going to just let go of his wrestling and bang with Rampage' date=' you're an idiot. Everyone knew he was going to wrestle. We saw him practice his wrestling in the primetime what did you think that was for.

You're talking about quotes that were said when he was having tirads with Rampage and of course when you think of making someone pay for his words you think of knocking him out, so you say you're gonna knock him out. If your ego is so big that you think Rashad was actually directing his words to you all this time then good for you. I don't remember seeing Rashad sit and talk to the camera saying "ok to all my fans, I'm gonna stand up, and bang with Rampage, and KO him".

And I would definitly have been satisfied if he GnP'd him to TKO but he just wasn't able to do it. Standing straight with Rampage would have been plain dumb.

And as I said in other posts, I see all Rampage ****s crying about Rashad's strategy, and of course all they can do is act like if they didn't know what was coming. Why dont you blame Rampage for training like a chump and not working properly on his wrestling so he could turn it around instead of just leaning against the fence, helpless, waiting for Dean to split the fight.

Truth is, most threats and promises for this fight came from Rampage. What Rashad did is just reply in the action and keep the hate up. Now tell me big brave man, what did Rampage do to back up his saids? Rampage just didn't push the fight at all he was all slow and almost never attacked all he did is wait for Rashad to come in and try to get him with that big punch. that really is ALL he did. Rashad pushed the whole fight. Even when Rashad was hurt and rocked Rampage was hesitating and let him time to recover.

And btw, I didn't say "say it to his face" cuz I think too it's a dumb argument. What I said is I see tons of keyboard warriors saying that these fighters are cowards from time to time when stepping in the octagon to pick a fight wih a big dangerous man who wants to rip your head off in front of thousands of people and millions of TV viewers is lightyears ahead of what their own courage will ever allow.[/quote']

I could go step by step and show here showing you that everything you said has literally nothing to do with anything i said, but since your reading comprehension clearly failed you the first time around.....

I could go step by step and show here showing you that everything you said has literally nothing to do with anything i said' date=' but since your reading comprehension clearly failed you the first time around.....[/quote']

or is it you? sry that you're stuck up with the idea that Rashad is a liar because he didn't bang with Rampage. really sry bout that.. ur life must suck and tons of things must appear very incomprehensible to you...

or is it you? sry that you're stuck up with the idea that Rashad is a liar because he didn't bang with Rampage. really sry bout that.. ur life must suck and tons of things must appear very incomprehensible to you...

Seriously man ive been nothing but polite with you. There is no need to keep insulting me because you disagree with me, grow up. I have very carefully explained my reasoning. Something that it seems you dont want to take the time to do. I dont like rashad get over it man. He talked a years worth of **** about how easy it was gonna be to KO him, and his true colors came shining through on fight night. Maybe you dont care about what the fighters say, but i do. Dont get me wrong I think he is dumb, but not dumb enough to follow through with his outlandish claims. This thread was / is about fans having the right to call rashad out on what he did. If he didnt go making such a spectacle of himself then i'd be telling others to stfu up also, but the fact is that he did. He opens himself up to it, and if you dont like it to bad.

He said he would stand and bang with Rampage... You belived him' date=' many people belived him, maybe even Rampage did... Plan executed to perfection. He won, period. Don't like watching lay and prey, go watch boxing.[/quote']

I dont know if your talking to me, but as stated above my favorite fighter is GSP, I didnt believe Evans talk for one minute, and It wasnt much of a win imo.

Archived