If you could change one thing about the UFC...

Dandrsn420

If I could make one change to the UFC, I would make EVERY fight 5 rounds. I think several of last nights fights would have turned out differently. Why title fights are almost twice as long makes no sense to me. I'm not to astute when it comes to boxing, but I don't believe their title fights are twice as many rounds. The Superbowl isn't twice as long. The NBA, MLB, or NHL championship series aren't twice as long. Why are the UFC's? Well that's what I would change, I'd like to hear if y'all agree or disagree, or if you would change something else. Seems like a good topic for discussion/debate.

If I could make one change to the UFC' date=' I would make EVERY fight 5 rounds. I think several of last nights fights would have turned out differently. Why title fights are almost twice as long makes no sense to me. I'm not to astute when it comes to boxing, but I don't believe their title fights are twice as many rounds. The Superbowl isn't twice as long. The NBA, MLB, or NHL championship series aren't twice as long. Why are the UFC's? Well that's what I would change, I'd like to hear if y'all agree or disagree, or if you would change something else. Seems like a good topic for discussion/debate.[b'][/b]

Bad idea. Why not make title fights 3 rounds instead, if you want them all to be as long. What is so unacceptable about last nights fights' outcomes?

Bad idea. Why not make title fights 3 rounds instead' date=' if you want them all to be as long. What is so unacceptable about last nights fights' outcomes?[/quote']

Exactly!! Their all mad that their boy got pwn3d! Rampage got beat, and they are stupid enough to not be ultimately convinced that Rashad is simply a better fighter/wrestler.

Ban Greg Jackson from training or coaching anyone affiliated with the ufc' date=' then the ufc would be fun woooooooooooooooooo[/quote']

The UFC needs to pay more attention to the forums and ban people like this ****. Way too many kiddies running amuck on this board and complaining about everything while they clearly have little to no knowledge on the subjects at hand.

The UFC needs to pay more attention to the forums and ban people like this ****. Way too many kiddies running amuck on this board and complaining about everything while they clearly have little to no knowledge on the subjects at hand.

I agree! Hahahahaha It should be forum-illegal to say rude things about fighters and coaches and teams.... Ban, seriously.

if I could change one thing it would be the scoring. I think the rounds are fine, the length is fine. To me, a 5 round fight is for the elite fighters. Only the best of the best can go for 5 rounds. So it makes sense to me to have the title fights 5 rounds. Comparing MMA to other sports doesn't hold any water, because MMA is a totally different beast, and we all know this.

To me somehting has to be done about the scoring. What? I don't know. Using the compubox numbers, or something, would be a start I suppose. But that doesn't always mean that because someone landed more strikes they should have won the fight.

That's your dumb opinion. -1

jezz relax guys im only playing

One thing I'd change would be the value of TDD. Like its almost as if it's 5 TD stuff's to one TD ratio or something. Fighter can stop countless takedown attempts' date=' but that one TD gives wayyy more points.[/quote']

You have to look at it this way. The scoring inside the octagon goes by Effective striking, grappling, aggression, and octagon control. A spawl stops the other opponents aggression but doesn't really score any points based on the scoring system. A successful takedown is effective grappling, aggression, and octagon control rolled into one.

If I could have anything I wanted, I'd have a different ruleset. Basically I'd adopt a set of rules similar to those used in the first three UFC events. Soccer kicks, knees to a grounded opponent, elbows to the back of the head, groin strikes, etc. Granted the fighters' careers wouldn't be as long, but it sure would be interesting from a spectator standpoint!

Every fight going 5 rounds would be good. But if i had to change one thing i would formalize a point system for the judging and make it less subjective.

Putting yellow cards in would be a damn good improvement too though.

If I could have anything I wanted' date=' I'd have a different ruleset. Basically I'd adopt a set of rules similar to those used in the first three UFC events. Soccer kicks, knees to a grounded opponent, elbows to the back of the head, groin strikes, etc. Granted the fighters' careers wouldn't be as long, but it sure would be interesting from a spectator standpoint![/quote']

I kind of agree with this, plus yellow card.

Archived