This is why Main Even'ts should ALWAYS be 5 Rounds.

cdaburnab

Yea Rashad won the fight, but theres no doubt in my mind if it was 5 rounds Rampage would have knocked him out. Rashad has a glass jaw, and I like Rashad, I'm not biased towards either of these fighters, but I think Rampage would have knocked him out in later rounds if there were later rounds. Rashad won, but was it really a great victory? Aside from his first punch that stun Rampage he didn't do anything other then take him down a few times and hold him up against the cage......

Seriously can we drop the 5 Rounds only for a title fight rule and apply it to all main event fights? There's no reason any main event fighter shouldn't be able to go 5 rounds, especially in this case when the winner gets a shot at the title holder....

This is why buying PPV's suck. Main Events going to the judges decision. Its the last thing anyone wants to see in a main event. I think 100% of the people who bought into this card expected nothing short of a knock out tonight, and the only one they got was Todd Duffe who's bum **** gassed at the end of round 1. Prelims dont count.

Yeah that fight sucked i use to like Rashad but after his performance today i hate his ****, why?

- TUF 10: Ill beat you using your style

- UFC Prime time: I'm buy you a snuggie that way when your knocked out you can stay nice n warm

- Im gonna knock you says Rashad

- Talking ****

He says all da smack about knocking rampage out and then what happens? I don't care that he put Rampage against the cage 24/7 its the fact that he done that and didnt even get the knockout or try to after the first hit.

overall Rashad is a fkn **** **** i hope they fight again real soon we will all know what will happen, Rampage was just in shock after the first hit thats only reason why he lost.

^^^^^thats nice for Rashad, but do you think thats what people want to see?(Directed @ JP24 not Confidential)

Its about what the people want. Nobody buys a PPV hoping it goes to the judges cards buddy. Everyone buys into it because they want to see knockouts. All that trash talk and hype, and another disappointing UFC PPV. I'm not trying to be a whiner but the best fight of the night was Little Nog and Brillz, and he got robbed....

I hate to complain, but with all these big name fighters it was a pretty lackluster night.

Main Even'ts should be bumped up to 5 rounds, to decrease the chance of disappointing customers imo.

Yeah that fight sucked i use to like Rashad but after his performance today i hate his ****' date=' why?

- UFC Prime time: I'm buy you a snuggie that way when your knocked out you can stay nice n warm

- Talking ****

He says all da smack about knocking rampage out and then what happens? I don't care that he put Rampage against the cage 24/7 its the fact that he done that and didnt even get the knockout or try to after the first hit.

overall Rashad is a fkn **** **** i hope they fight again real soon we will all know what will happen, Rampage was just in shock after the first hit thats only reason why he lost.[/quote']

blah blah blah the ***** excuses we hear after every ppv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that fight sucked i use to like Rashad but after his performance today i hate his ****' date=' why?

- Talking ****

overall Rashad is a fkn **** **** i hope they fight again real soon we will all know what will happen, Rampage was just in shock after the first hit thats only reason why he lost.[/quote']

Yet your a GSP fan.... Double Standard, if you ask me.

^^^^^thats nice for Rashad' date=' but do you think thats what people want to see?(Directed @ JP24 not Confidential)

Its about what the people want. Nobody buys a PPV hoping it goes to the judges cards buddy. Everyone buys into it because they want to see knockouts. All that trash talk and hype, and another disappointing UFC PPV. I'm not trying to be a whiner but the best fight of the night was Little Nog and Brillz, and he got robbed....

I hate to complain, but with all these big name fighters it was a pretty lackluster night.

Main Even'ts should be bumped up to 5 rounds, to decrease the chance of disappointing customers imo.[/quote']

and every hit in baseball should be a homerun every pass in football a touchdown and so on

Ive always been saying that ALL standard matches should be 5 rounds. 3 isnt enough. Championship bouts should be 7. Ppl get their moneys worth by buying the ppv or going to the event. Not many ppl want to see decisions and not many ppl want to see the lay and pray exploited. Alot of fighters are taking this way to far by going for points and then banking the win. 5 rounds is perfect for regular fighters and can decide alot of fights, it also exposes the frauds who can go beyond 2 rounds. If it were 5 rounds it trains them up everyone will be in peak condition to go the distance. There will be a chance that alot of fighters will be gassed and we will see boring fights with the crowd boeing and fighters with arms down moving slowly but at least it will get the next generation of fighters to train up to go 5 rounds. Secure the future of the sport and make fighters condition to finish fights rather than go swinging the 1st rd and gas out the rest of the way.

wats with ppl and wanting to see knockouts? i mean id much rather see a fighter stick to ther game plan and grind out a decision victory exactly wat rashad did tonite, thts wat mma is about. as for main event fights being 5 rounds, i dnt really see any point in tht, i mean jus so the fans can see a more exciting fight? tht jus doesnt make any sense.and bro 7 rounds is jus way too much, this isnt boxing

Whaaaaaa...but I thought Rampage was going to "win by murder" and by "KTFO" and by "however he wants"...lol.

Rampage is a washed up mental midget :)

Lol I remember people posting things like that too. I don't think Rampage is washed up though, he's still a dangerous striker with good grappling (although not quite good enough in this fight). On a side note, Rashad didn't fight nearly as boring as GSP. He stood up (although he didn't attack a whole lot) plenty of time for Rampage to try and strike with him, and Rampage simply didn't take advantage of his numerous opportunities. In GSP's last two fights, It seemed like he literally got a takedown to start each round, then held his OPP on the ground until the horn(the only exceptions being his two SUB attempts vs Hardy), Rashad did not do THAT. He did do it some, which I still don't enjoy, but I can live with it being part of MMA.

Archived