What did you think of UFC 114?

Doctor_Obviously

The come from behind knockout on Duffee alone made it great....Diego getting upset and Lil Nog-Brilz just made it that much better....Plus I always enjoy seeing Rampage get beat!

Nog/Smiley, Rashad/Rampage and Russow KOing Duffee was great for my heart!

Just a tad upset about the Nog/Smiley decision, but it was the best fight. Diego's performance just kinda made me feel like Diego's a new person. On his way to the octagon and during the fight, it seemed like he was trying to be BJ Penn. Is that weird? And where were the numerous YES! chants?

Casual fans would have been dismayed by the number of fights broadcast that went to decision. For me, the only down side was the Brilz decision, as I thought he won the fight. Russow and Duffee wasn't brilliant, but had a fantastic and surprising finish. I voted "good" because it wasn't full of the best technical performance, although Cyrill Diabate's striking was very crisp.

well i thought it was good overall (mind you i have only seen the main card)

Brillz got robbed even though im a big Nog fan i cant see how Nog won went over al l the sweeps and sub attempt and still cant see how he won but Brilz gained a fan

Hathaway fair dominated a very tough opponent in Diego but overall very impressive show by hathaway great TD defence and improving striking really looking forward to his next fight

Duffee looked very very impressive but got caught by a less than good performance by Mike Russow im still shocked by that outta no where that got me going got real hyper after that

Melvin Guilard impressed me alot again this time vicious knee to the body just wild but very very impressed

im just watching the Miller bisping fight at the moment

and rampage rashad what can i say rampage got dominated pretty much and i was wrong Rashad is the real deal and i will not be suprised if he beats shogun

overall a good card but i really cant wait for 115 i think that will be a way better card than this

As I've just posted on another thread' date=' I dont think cards get much better than the last 2 we had. I love an underdog victory and last night we had 2 and it was also great to see Brilz just so happy with his performance - he didnt care about the decision, seems like a great guy, hope he does well.[/quote']

Agreed. My predictions were Rashad, Miller, Duffee, Nogueira and Diego. I figured Rashad would get a decision and Nog woud win, but didn't anticipate how good the fights would be. Sometimes I'm glad I'm wrong. It makes it that much more exciting/surprising!

Nog/Smiley' date=' Rashad/Rampage and Russow KOing Duffee was great for my heart!

Just a tad upset about the Nog/Smiley decision, but it was the best fight. Diego's performance just kinda made me feel like Diego's a new person. On his way to the octagon and during the fight, it seemed like he was trying to be BJ Penn. Is that weird? And where were the numerous YES! chants?[/quote']

The Brilz/Nog decision was bad I guess but im not complaining cause I ****ing love Black House so im just gonna thank the judges and move on......Diego IMO needs to shake off the beating B.J gave him and get back down to LW and get his insanity back A.S.A.P

Agreed. My predictions were Rashad' date=' Miller, Duffee, Nogueira and Diego. I figured Rashad would get a decision and Nog woud win, but didn't anticipate how good the fights would be. Sometimes I'm glad I'm wrong. It makes it that much more exciting/surprising![/quote']

I dont think anyone could of got last night right!! Its weird how even when its one of your favorite fighters when the underdog looks like he could pull of a vitory you just naturally start rooting for him - well thats whats its like for me anyways lol :cool:

Pros:

- John Hathaway beat Diego Sanchez

- Jason Brillz put on a great performance and that fight should be required viewing for all wrestlers entering MMA. That's how you do it.

- Melvin Guillard's knee to the solar plexus

- Rampage had good enough TDD to keep the main event from being completely one-sided

- UK fighters represented

Cons:

- Todd Duffee's hard work didn't pay off in the end

- Rashad/Rampage fell well short of the colossal hype. NO REMATCH, PLEASE!

- Dan Miller didn't take it to the ground enough

- Lil Nog's questionable win will hurt him more than a loss would have.

Overall, good.

I dont think anyone could of got last night right!! Its weird how even when its one of your favorite fighters when the underdog looks like he could pull of a vitory you just naturally start rooting for him - well thats whats its like for me anyways lol :cool:

yea ok!

Archived