Does Rashad really think he can hold his head up?

woodyi

Hello Everyone,

I do have to say that Rashad is a great athlete and he showed his athleticism and his speed over Rampage. He did win the technical battle but he certainly did not put on a show like said he would....i quote what he said on prime time, " i bought you a snuggie so that when i put him to sleep he can be nice and warm" I think Rashad should put his money where his mouth is. Sure he did rock Rampage in the first round, but he didn't capitalize at all, instead he decided to try and dry **** him to death.

That leads me to another point, about the holding around the fence....how much of a coward was Rashad? how disappointed were the people who bought the pay per view? actually i wasn't that disappointed because there were other fighters who were actually brave enough to engage and not drag on the fight by holding Rampage on the fence. The sanctioning body for the rules in MMA have to change the rules up because fighters are just dragging the fight when they take minutes!....yes minutes to fail at taking people down!! how long does it take Herb to pull the dry humper Rashad off of Rampage? I pay to watch people fight in the UFC because they are men and they have real MMA skills, if i wanted to see dry humping attempts i would watch Jake Shields in that other show.....what is it again?......oh yeah show time, where people want to get noticed by strippers....hahaha, Love Chael and his funny comments. Anyways back to the serious talk about real fighters. Rashad truly copped out, and i can only feel sorry for him if he thinks he won convincingly,.....and he had the audacity to say he's up for a rematch?!?!?!.......hello nobody wants to see a person in good shape to run away and try to dry ****. At least when GSP fought Hardy he apologized for his bad performance, Rashad you need to look yourself in the mirror if you think you're pay per view material boy!

There was so many things wrong with the main event i can't even settle my thoughts in an intelligent manner, but i know Rashad was the main problem, he didn't get taught a proper lesson. I almost am kind of glad that Rashad didn't get hurt because he was such a coward, but i fear for his health more now because he has Shogun to face and no amount of athleticism is going to help him against the talent and guts that Shogun possesses. I'm really sorry to criticize Rashad like this, i think he's a great athlete but that's it.....he trained to run away and pretended to be dominant, so how else should i respond to such arrogance. Honestly, Rashad you are not the same fighter and you should quit while your ahead because you make a good MMA analyst since you have the gift of gab and you irritate people. Seriously, because you are no where near Shoguns level, even if you beat Rampage cowardly and cleverly, your tactics will not last in this game, because it's for people who are real fighters, athletes who train to engage, not run away. And the ****y movement that you do like Anderson Silva..........don't do it........you almost got knocked out by Rampage and you could have turned into simple Rashad again like you did with Machida.

This is getting no where, i'm really not writing intelligently and my thoughts are clouded by disappointment, but for your own sake Rashad if you are going to stay in the game, don't be selfish and give the fans what they want, which is the confident Rashad that had no fear and knocked out a few good opponents with true certainty, or else just get out of the game because you don't have it anymore.

I'm not reading all of this, but. I will agree that Rashad's performance was not impressive at all. I did think he would win, but seeing how cowardly his game plan was after he talked like he would be putting Rampage to sleep was very disappointing. I never liked him anyway.

Hello Everyone' date='

I do have to say that Rashad is a great athlete and he showed his athleticism and his speed over Rampage. He did win the technical battle but he certainly did not put on a show like said he would....i quote what he said on prime time, " i bought you a snuggie so that when i put him to sleep he can be nice and warm" I think Rashad should put his money where his mouth is. Sure he did rock Rampage in the first round, but he didn't capitalize at all, instead he decided to try and dry **** him to death.

That leads me to another point, about the holding around the fence....how much of a coward was Rashad? how disappointed were the people who bought the pay per view? actually i wasn't that disappointed because there were other fighters who were actually brave enough to engage and not drag on the fight by holding Rampage on the fence. The sanctioning body for the rules in MMA have to change the rules up because fighters are just dragging the fight when they take minutes!....yes minutes to fail at taking people down!! how long does it take Herb to pull the dry humper Rashad off of Rampage? I pay to watch people fight in the UFC because they are men and they have real MMA skills, if i wanted to see dry humping attempts i would watch Jake Shields in that other show.....what is it again?......oh yeah show time, where people want to get noticed by strippers....hahaha, Love Chael and his funny comments. Anyways back to the serious talk about real fighters. Rashad truly copped out, and i can only feel sorry for him if he thinks he won convincingly,.....and he had the audacity to say he's up for a rematch?!?!?!.......hello nobody wants to see a person in good shape to run away and try to dry ****. At least when GSP fought Hardy he apologized for his bad performance, Rashad you need to look yourself in the mirror if you think you're pay per view material boy!

There was so many things wrong with the main event i can't even settle my thoughts in an intelligent manner, but i know Rashad was the main problem, he didn't get taught a proper lesson. I almost am kind of glad that Rashad didn't get hurt because he was such a coward, but i fear for his health more now because he has Shogun to face and no amount of athleticism is going to help him against the talent and guts that Shogun possesses. I'm really sorry to criticize Rashad like this, i think he's a great athlete but that's it.....he trained to run away and pretended to be dominant, so how else should i respond to such arrogance. Honestly, Rashad you are not the same fighter and you should quit while your ahead because you make a good MMA analyst since you have the gift of gab and you irritate people. Seriously, because you are no where near Shoguns level, even if you beat Rampage cowardly and cleverly, your tactics will not last in this game, because it's for people who are real fighters, athletes who train to engage, not run away. And the ****y movement that you do like Anderson Silva..........don't do it........you almost got knocked out by Rampage and you could have turned into simple Rashad again like you did with Machida.

This is getting no where, i'm really not writing intelligently and my thoughts are clouded by disappointment, but for your own sake Rashad if you are going to stay in the game, don't be selfish and give the fans what they want, which is the confident Rashad that had no fear and knocked out a few good opponents with true certainty, or else just get out of the game because you don't have it anymore.[/quote']

What are you talking about. You clearly just hate Rashad. He won all 3 rounds. Yes, Rampage caught Rashad and Rashad caught Rampage with that big shot in the 1st round sending Rampage flying.

Like it not, Rampage LOST!

didnt read that whole thing but to answer the title of the thread yes I think he can. Against shogun i think he is going to have to really work on his close game because Ruas knees and kicks could be deadly to rashad.Only doubt i have is that can rashad outwrestle shogun for 5 rounds without making one mistake. So far with his throwback approach in his last two fights with his wrestling, he hasnt completely cruised yet.

didnt read that whole thing but to answer the title of the thread yes I think he can. Against shogun i think he is going to have to really work on his close game because Ruas knees and kicks could be deadly to rashad.Only doubt i have is that can rashad outwrestle shogun for 5 rounds without making one mistake. So far with his throwback approach in his last two fights with his wrestling' date=' he hasnt completely cruised yet.[/quote']

he does have power though, he could catch Rua like he did to Chuck

What are you talking about. You clearly just hate Rashad. He won all 3 rounds. Yes' date=' Rampage caught Rashad and Rashad caught Rampage with that big shot in the 1st round sending Rampage flying.

Like it not, Rampage LOST![/quote']

Yep! Dang straight!

Well I expected Rashad to win tonight, but I was rooting for Rampage. All that trash talk and a very lackluster fight. I like both of them, and I could care less who won as long as it was a KO victory. Fights like this should never go to a decision and thats why every main event should be 5 rounds to prevent crap like this from happening again.

Are you kidding me? Rashad was a Coward, he won the fight but he's pretty pathetic, he used his speed to run away, i'm sorry he's not the same Rashad. I feel sorry for him because he has to face Shogun, and shogun has never been knocked out by the way, and he's faced real competition. Trust me do you think Shogun is $hitting his pants right now because he has to fight Rashad? it's more like Rashads afraid of Shogun for what he did to Machida!.....great! now we're gonna see an even more chicken $hit Rashad and see a faster Rashad run away, meaning less people watch, means less people pay, and ultimately bad for business. Rashad should act like a grown a$$ man, hell the undercards were way better than the main event, right? atleast you can agree with that.

Fault Rashad some for not really fighting, fault Rampage for not going after him. (Sigh) I keep saying this is why we need the Pride yellow card system, implement it and watch all the fighters suddenly become more keen to get on with it and get the job done, because if you don;t you lose money,

You're all uneducated MMA nubs... Wrestling is not cowardice, why in the hell would Rashad want to box with Rampage knowing that Rampage has never been completely KO'ed?

Let me ask you something. Would you stand toe to toe with Rampage? If you decide to get all pompous and say "Oh yeah I would, so I wouldn't be a coward!" then you can also admit the fact that you'd get KTFO'd like Rashad probably would have... Sorry, but those who think Rashad is a coward is being a fool. You're just mad that the one you love so much was beaten by a better fighter.

He'd have to use his fists to do that, that seems unlikely anymore. His chin is weak, and I think his winning days are numbered because people are just gonna start knocking him out early instead of letting him wrestle them and hug them. Rampage and Thiago only swung for the fences in the end and what happened?...Rashad barely clung to conciousness. People are gonna start swinging through all the dancing earlier in the fight and he's gonna drop from the top of the division.

here we go again every main event people **** talk how there fighter is better then when they lose we get 2 hear how the fighter who won is not as good as the man he just beat! even if rashad would have ko ed him in the first round we would hear excuses

cant wait for the excuses after carwin lesnar!!!!

He'd have to use his fists to do that' date=' that seems unlikely anymore. His chin is weak, and I think his winning days are numbered because people are just gonna start knocking him out early instead of letting him wrestle them and hug them. Rampage and Thiago only swung for the fences in the end and what happened?...Rashad barely clung to conciousness. People are gonna start swinging through all the dancing earlier in the fight and he's gonna drop from the top of the division.[/quote']

example 1 of so freakin many!

Are you serious you loser??? page got smashed' date='pummeled, beat down should i go on? If you think Rashad didnt live up to his statements what do you think of Rampage..........he did absolutely nothing. stop being a Rampage ****[/quote']

Plus 1 :)

thats the dumbest thing ive ever read wow. ofcourse he can keep his head up he fought a great fight and executed his gameplan perfectly. As for all the trash talk, maybe thts exactly wat rashad wanted to do, jus cuz he says hes guna knock out rampage, doesnt mean hes jus guna stand and trade with him, he knows hes a better wrestler and he used it tonite in a perfectly executed gameplan, much respect to both fighters tonite but rashad was the better man, cant wait for shogun n rashad

thats the dumbest thing ive ever read wow. ofcourse he can keep his head up he fought a great fight and executed his gameplan perfectly. As for all the trash talk' date=' maybe thts exactly wat rashad wanted to do, jus cuz he says hes guna knock out rampage, doesnt mean hes jus guna stand and trade with him, he knows hes a better wrestler and he used it tonite in a perfectly executed gameplan, much respect to both fighters tonite but rashad was the better man, cant wait for shogun n rashad[/quote']

Not really the dumbest thing -I tend to agree with the OP. Yes, Rashad executed a well played game plan .... BUT was it what he said he was going to do? or what mma fans want to see- hold your opponent against the fence and hammer fist his knee?

He may be able to hold his head up high with the W - but Im sure even he knows that it wasnt his most impressive performance by any means. You have to hand it to Rampage that at least he went in there to do what he said he would.

This is the most Ive seen Rashad use his wrestling lately - I think he really was worried about getting KOd.

Are you kidding me? Rashad was a Coward' date=' he won the fight but he's pretty pathetic, he used his speed to run away, i'm sorry he's not the same Rashad. I feel sorry for him because he has to face Shogun, and shogun has never been knocked out by the way, and he's faced real competition. Trust me do you think Shogun is $hitting his pants right now because he has to fight Rashad? it's more like Rashads afraid of Shogun for what he did to Machida!.....great! now we're gonna see an even more chicken $hit Rashad and see a faster Rashad run away, meaning less people watch, means less people pay, and ultimately bad for business. Rashad should act like a grown a$$ man, hell the undercards were way better than the main event, right? atleast you can agree with that.[/quote']

Says you, behind a computer, not in the UFC.

Are you serious you loser??? page got smashed' date='pummeled, beat down should i go on? If you think Rashad didnt live up to his statements what do you think of Rampage..........he did absolutely nothing. stop being a Rampage ****[/quote']

Page got taken down, held up against the cage and stalled on. Don't get me wrong. Rampage looked like ****, but Rashad didn't fight Rampage like he hated him as much as he said he did. And I'm surprised no one's said this, why did they spend almost 4 minutes out of the fight playing patty cake? WTF was that?

If you think Rashad has any chance to be a good fighter you are so blind, it's not about Whether i'm a fan of Rampage buddy. Rashad is a coward plain and simple...he knew that Rampage was dangerous and Rashad literally trained to run away.

early in his career Rashad had that shell, where he dragged fights to UD.

Later he felt obliged to stand and trade, and the entertainment of those fights didnt fair much better(although ending in highlight fashion)

1 loss on his feet as pushed him back to his roots.

as long as rashad doesnt feel pressured by UFC or fans, and realized he can just do this all he wants, he wont lose. although shogun is the only one who could give him a challenge.

and yes, i think if they did the machida fight, and evans wants to wrestle him, its a different story.

all this being said. ive vowed not to watch his fights again. 3rd person in UFC history for me, tim sylvia and brock lesnar.

If you think Rashad has any chance to be a good fighter you are so blind' date=' it's not about Whether i'm a fan of Rampage buddy. Rashad is a coward plain and simple...he knew that Rampage was dangerous and Rashad literally trained to run away.[/quote']

That is about the stupidest thing I have ever read.

He used his speed advantage to keep Rampage guessing and unable to find the distance. The fight was standing for the majority of the time and WTF did Rampage do? Nothin. After Rashad caught him in the first rd, Rampage was to scared to press the action.

I can't stand Rashad, I think he is a showboating clown, but sorry, 'Page got beat every where this fight went.

Well I expected Rashad to win tonight' date=' but I was rooting for Rampage. All that trash talk and a very lackluster fight. I like both of them, and I could care less who won as long as it was a KO victory. Fights like this should never go to a decision and thats why every main event should be 5 rounds to prevent crap like this from happening again.[/quote']

you clearly have no idea what MMA is, do you think the longer a fight the more likely a KO is? Do you know how many KOs there have been in the 5th round in UFC history? Find out then feel stupid for your post!

Some of the posts in this thread really have me wondering if the Rampage/Rashad season of TUF was some people's first exposure not only to the UFC but to combat sports in general. Do you really still not comprehend the whole pre fight hype/gamesmanship/selling the fight angle? Let me guess, when Koschek said he just might be ****y enough to stand and trade with Daley, you probably thought he was really gonna do it.

Of course Rashad wasn't gonna stand toe to toe with Rampage. I mean, he almost got KO'd in the 3rd and none of the punches that got him in trouble were solid connects. A solid hook to Rashad's chin may well have knocked his head clean off. So he did exactly what he should have done. He moved in and out and used his wrestling. And that's exactly how he planned to fight Rampage even as he was telling him he was gonna KO him on TUF. And some of you fell for it.

It's called good marketing. Boxers have been doing it for close to a century.

I don't understand this at all.

Rashad's performace was spot on. Only a fool would stand there and try to trade with someone that punches like Rampage.

Look at it from Rashad's point of view - I am fighting a slugger who has good takedown defense, but is also very slow. How do you win? Well.... stay out of his punches - he did this by moving in and out. Then he caught him in a trap and got the takedown counter. Once he was up from this, he made him gas by pinning him against the fence.

It was not the prettiest fight, or the best from a fan's point of view, but for a figher such as Rashad that is a general all rounder, with no real clinch, submissions, kicks or power punches, it was textbook.

He altered his gameplan to win, not to make it super entertaining for everyone watching.

I'd personally give him 10/10 for that performance, but for enjoyment 6/10.

Well I expected Rashad to win tonight' date=' but I was rooting for Rampage.[/quote']

That's funny because I expected Rampage to win but I was rooting for Rashad.

Really? Were any of you bored during this fight? I certianly wasn't...in fact I enjoyed every second of it :)

The only thing that didn't make this a boring fight was the anticipation that at any moment (that never came,) Page would knockout Rashad in typical spectacular fashion.

Both of these guys (especially Rampage,) have lost credibility as championship material.

Wolfslair has succeeded in sucessfully destroying Rampages MMA career by reducing him to a "pocket boxer." His range and dynamic ability has consistently shrunk since his fight with Hendo to the point that it looks like there is a force field surrounding him that doesn't allow any movement outside of hook range.

Too bad. He had everything to be a great champ.

Juanito, where are you when your boy needs you the most?

First of all man learn to break down your texts in diffrent paragraphs, please...

Then the only reason why GSP had to apologize for his "bad" performance is because a good part of the UFC's auditory is constituted of ignorant pricks who don't know **** about anything that goes on on the ground. Anyone with a lil knowledge of BJJ and wrestling knows that GSP's performance against Hardy was very dominant and it was impressive to watch. But of course some people just wanna see the fighters bang so they boo and cry.

For Rashad well let's say, has I said before that calling someone who is willing to step into the octagon with a pumped up Rampage should never be called a coward. Rashad knew it was too risky to just stand with Rampage so he came in with a diffrent strategy. And you know what? we all knew that he would use this strategy, they even showed it into the primetime.

Now it is a fact, Rashad had a hard time taking Rampage down, and that led to some boring moments. But you gotta admit that they were splitted several times. As usual, it's the grappler that is being blamed for a boring fight because people just systematicaly beat on grappling, cuz they think it's boring and don't understand that half of MMA is grappling. But during all this time what did Rampage do? I mean if you get pinned up against the fence everytime that means you're doing something wrong too.

Rampage was all "HE,S DEAD" yeah... we all saw that. The WHOLE fight, it was Rashad pushing the pace. Rampage not moving at all and Rashad going in and out, punching, trying to take him down. Really, if Rampage didn't catch Rashad with that one punch that rocked him I don't know what we'd be talking about. Rampage told us eh never trained that hard, that Rashad was dead,taht he was goign to knock him clean out, he did none of it, he wasn't even aggressive. I give Rashad all the respect he deserves for stepping in there, and at least leading the fight and taking matters in his hands even against a guy who he knew was naturally stronger and more dangerous than him.

Yeah he won the battle but.... after the war of words how can you be happy holding him on the fence?

after a year of **** talk... you didnt even really want to hit him?

Rampage is fine, that first big punch pushed him back a bit but there legs tangled and he tripped.

Rashad was way way way closer to losing that fight than Rampage ever was.

First of all man learn to break down your texts in diffrent paragraphs' date=' please...

Then the only reason why GSP had to apologize for his "bad" performance is because a good part of the UFC's auditory is constituted of ignorant pricks who don't know **** about anything that goes on on the ground. Anyone with a lil knowledge of BJJ and wrestling knows that GSP's performance against Hardy was very dominant and it was impressive to watch. But of course some people just wanna see the fighters bang so they boo and cry.

For Rashad well let's say, has I said before that calling someone who is willing to step into the octagon with a pumped up Rampage should never be called a coward. Rashad knew it was too risky to just stand with Rampage so he came in with a diffrent strategy. And you know what? we all knew that he would use this strategy, they even showed it into the primetime.

Now it is a fact, Rashad had a hard time taking Rampage down, and that led to some boring moments. But you gotta admit that they were splitted several times. As usual, it's the grappler that is being blamed for a boring fight because people just systematicaly beat on grappling, cuz they think it's boring and don't understand that half of MMA is grappling. But during all this time what did Rampage do? I mean if you get pinned up against the fence everytime that means you're doing something wrong too.

Rampage was all "HE,S DEAD" yeah... we all saw that. The WHOLE fight, it was Rashad pushing the pace. Rampage not moving at all and Rashad going in and out, punching, trying to take him down. Really, if Rampage didn't catch Rashad with that one punch that rocked him I don't know what we'd be talking about. Rampage told us eh never trained that hard, that Rashad was dead,taht he was goign to knock him clean out, he did none of it, he wasn't even aggressive. I give Rashad all the respect he deserves for stepping in there, and at least leading the fight and taking matters in his hands even against a guy who he knew was naturally stronger and more dangerous than him.[/quote']

You should fix your spelling, touch?..., hey we are not literary geniuses right? we're UFC fans first and formost,

Ok, you have a good point, but don't be ignorant you don't think anybody who writes here doesn't know about bjj, judo and wrestling? a dominant fight is one that ends swiftly with a submission or a KO. GSP did have a few chances but i would not say that he was dominant because he didn't capitalize well enough. GSP did apologize though......why would he do that? obviously because he knew that he performed poorly.

Yeah, i give him credit for going into the octagon, who are we to question that? he is a great athlete and he has the skills but he didn't perform with his usual confidence. I know he's not the same person after the Machida fight, and he never will be, i've studied neurology and it's unfortunate the way many of these guys have to screw up their head. Rampage has not gone to sleep like Rashad or other fighters like Lidell, and Silva. Rashad is a pretty bright individual he has the gift of gab so he should just quit while he's a head because nobody wants to see this guy hurt again, maybe the fans who are pissed with his performance like me but i'm over that now.

I give Rampage credit, because he's a stand up guy, even though he had a lot of pressure he shows showmanship like no other in the UFC. I just don't get that vibe with Rashad, he's not that exciting and his carissma is not really geared for the UFC fans. Rampage had a lot of ring rust, so we should excuse him atleast for that. I do believe he will be back and even better, he's a real fighter because he's not selfish, he went in there with a lot of heart. Remember he didn't even have to come back but he did for the fans, and we have to appreciate him for that, and i'm sure many fans do. But you have to admit many fans are not looking forward to see Rashad fight unless it's certain for his dimise, where as many people are ecstatic and they can't wait to see Rampage fight again, mainly because he has the will to finish fights.

Rampage was out of form and should have jumped on Rashad with everything he had. Rashad was done had he just kept pounding. Rampage is a way more dangerous fighter than Rashad, and damn near everyone here has agreed to that no matter which fighter they seem to favor. In my opinion Rashad is getting very predictable and boring. I am tired of fighters who just want to eke by on points. His whole tactic was to avoid Rampage and smother him so that Rampage couldn't hurt him. Rashad's standup is taking on a flailing aspect and he acts like someone trying to survive a fight not win it. Having said that, ya Rampage was rusty and hesitant, but what does that say about Rashad. I don't plan on buying any more Rashad fights.

For anyone who believes rashad has any sort of stand-up, all he did was dance and move as quickly as he possibly could to avoid actually exchanging then he went for a takedown. Kind of *****ish for someone who was so determined to KO rampage, if you ask me.

Same with Silva, he went into that fight preaching about how he was gonna KO thiago for destroying his butt-buddy, Jardine, and went in their and grappled the entire time.

As soon as someone realizes that KOing a past-prime Liddell doesnt make you a force in the stand-up the sooner he will get KTFO, and Shogun is going to figure that out very quickly as hes unraveled alot tougher opponents.

Archived