SO, you really want to see Rashad getting KTFO???

justinshogun

good thing he beat Rampage via his "SAFE" tactics to let SHOGUN whooop his A**!!

hard to tell man.. Shogun may have won the fight against Machida... but Machida still managed to take him down twice... Machida.... take down... twice....

Is Machida a usual takedown artist....? heh.. not in my opinion.. Now what's going to happen when Rashad tries to take Shogun down..? well it seems obvious to me that Shogun will be taken down... so I hope he practices a lot to fight from his back for this fight, cuz that's where he's gonna be...

hard to tell man.. Shogun may have won the fight against Machida... but Machida still managed to take him down twice... Machida.... take down... twice....

Is Machida a usual takedown artist....? heh.. not in my opinion.. Now what's going to happen when Rashad tries to take Shogun down..? well it seems obvious to me that Shogun will be taken down... so I hope he practices a lot to fight from his back for this fight' date=' cuz that's where he's gonna be...[/quote']

took down TITO... took down rashad but the fence got in the way.. hell he can take down any1 in the UFC 2010 game as well.. not unusual follow the sport

Edit: Shogun practice off his back.. ?? again follow the sport

Is Machida a usual takedown artist....? heh.. not in my opinion.. Now what's going to happen when Rashad tries to take Shogun down..? well it seems obvious to me that Shogun will be taken down... so I hope he practices a lot to fight from his back for this fight' date=' cuz that's where he's gonna be...[/quote']

yeah man, good point, but Shogun really is good at his back..watch his fights, then you can say that Rashad should train 100x harder for Shogun...

Shogun can KO Rashad and Sub him but i have yet to see anyone try to sub Rashad but we all now he has a weak chin! but Rashad may wrestle his way to decision but i believe Shogun is the better fighter.

Tell me 1 other fighter who would have survived from those shots that Page landed in the last round... Still I believe that Shogun is gonna win but Rashad has a solid chin.

good thing he beat Rampage via his "SAFE" tactics to let SHOGUN whooop his A**!!

People whining about the "safe tactics" have no clue what this sport is about. Did you want rashad to go the the middle of the ring and just start trading blows with rampage? Do you not realize rashads entire career could have been seriously hurt by not winning that fight? If you want to watch people throw punches back and forth, watch boxing. Rashad did what he had to do to WIN the fight which in the end is what matters, not making every little piss ant that wants to see knockouts happy.

People whining about the "safe tactics" have no clue what this sport is about. Did you want rashad to go the the middle of the ring and just start trading blows with rampage? Do you not realize rashads entire career could have been seriously hurt by not winning that fight? If you want to watch people throw punches back and forth' date=' watch boxing. Rashad did what he had to do to WIN the fight which in the end is what matters, not making every little piss ant that wants to see knockouts happy.[/quote']

Couldn't have said it better myself.

People whining about the "safe tactics" have no clue what this sport is about. Did you want rashad to go the the middle of the ring and just start trading blows with rampage? Do you not realize rashads entire career could have been seriously hurt by not winning that fight? If you want to watch people throw punches back and forth' date=' watch boxing. Rashad did what he had to do to WIN the fight which in the end is what matters, not making every little piss ant that wants to see knockouts happy.[/quote']

exactly!! and what would you call that???... being SAFE!... most people take it negatively, but yes, they fight to win and has no choice but to use gameplans that will expose the weakness of their opponents, in which Rashad was capable of doing it efectively...

for the record, the very point of this thread, FYI, is saying that Rashad can't use the same tactic with Shogun, nor any other tactics, Shogun is just so much for him...

I dont think you can compare shoguns fight tactics he had planed with machida#2 with what he will have in store for evans.

does that mean he wont get taken down, not likely.

But i dont think evans wants to stand clinch with him along the cage. and shogun has a wicked scramble and very dengerous on the ground.

everywhere evans takes this, its bad for evans.

But knowing the backwards judging in MMA today, the fact Evans took it somewhere will be what they consider a win. which is just mind boggling.

You can't argue with teenagers. I agree with you 100%

Tell me 1 other fighter who would have survived from those shots that Page landed in the last round... Still I believe that Shogun is gonna win but Rashad has a solid chin.

Rashad only survived because Rampage did not try and finish him we all saw that and those shots on the ground did not land if they had it would be shogun and rampage fighting, Rashad in his past two fights has been rocked bad by two fighters in the 3rd round who are tired as hell= he has a weak chin.

he gets wobbled too damn much...got KTFO against Machida, almost KO against Silva and Rampage...who were both not in the best of shape...

it just seems that recently Rashad gets rubber legs in his matches...

he gets wobbled too damn much...got KTFO against Machida' date=' almost KO against Silva and Rampage...who were both not in the best of shape...

it just seems that recently Rashad gets rubber legs in his matches...[/quote']

To be fair, all three of those guys are studs. Thiago and Rampage would've finished most guys, but Rashad is in such good shape that he is able to hold on and recover where the vast majority of fighters would be done. I do think Shogun will finish Rashad still.

I disagree' date=' evans has better takedowns then machida and machida took shogun down twice, easily. I see evans winning this fight just like he did with Rampage last night.[/quote']

But Machida's groundgame wasn't a threat to Shogun. Shogun likely didn't even think about TD defense leading up to the fight since he easily outclassed Machida on the ground (as seen by how quickly he escaped in the fight). Different fighters make you focus on different elements.

People still going on about how Rampage would win he didnt film the movie or if he did this... or he did that... Just give it a rest. Rashad was the better fighter and therefore won, simple. As for Rashad vs. Shogun, I'm a fan of both but I would love to see Rashad defeat Shogun, I just think that it will be great for his career and shut those damn ****s up, that being said, I hope he trains his butt off coz Shogun is going to be his hardest opponent yet no doubt in my mind.

Archived