PRIDE vs The new Breed

Fedorp4pking

the difference between us PRIDE fans and you newly found TUF nubs.. is that we pick our fighters based off love and respect for their fight game.. we back up our guys to the maximum saying our guys will destroy any1 when in the back of our minds we are aware of gameplans that can ruin our nights.. while you guys pick your fighters based off of who truly has the best shot at winning..

i KNEW rashad was capable of getting this win.. but at the end of the day PRIDE produced fighters.. at the end of the day this is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (not wrestling).. where you used to win by only sub or KO or WARS.. but slowly this sport is being dominated by wrestlers.. not only wrestlers but wrestlers who have finally learned how to master the art of taking you down and holding on.. ''lay and pray''.. dont get me wrong i admire rashads ability to take him down and he did it with extreme talent the way he threw his punches and changed levels completely to shoot in for side control.. it was amazing.. but the fact that rashad was not there to fight and only to wrestle disgusts me.. had he thrown punches while on the ground or gone for subs ied respect the win.. but he did not throw punches while on the mat till the last 30 seconds or so..

like i said before PRIDE produced fighters.. TUF produced athletes i will still support rampage and all the other fallen heroes of PRIDE FC.. they are forever legends while rashad will only be that guy who knew how to win.. forgot about what this sport was all about.. maybe i speak for myself but its atleast my strong opinion on the subject

SAKU WANDY NOGEUIRA those are legends..

Pride fans are so dumb they assume everyone who doesn't circle jerk over fighters who MMA has passed by are TUF noobs.

sorry to hurt your feelings let me rephrase TUF nubs and new fans.. cuz if you watched pride and did not support rampage then you were indeed.. not a fan till recently.. making you a new fan lol nub

the difference between us PRIDE fans and you newly found TUF nubs.. is that we pick our fighters based off love and respect for their fight game.. we back up our guys to the maximum saying our guys will destroy any1 when in the back of our minds we are aware of gameplans that can ruin our nights.. while you guys pick your fighters based off of who truly has the best shot at winning..

i assumed it was off something like that because it certainly isnt based off logic

it seems to me that Pride fighters fought for well...mmmm not to be punny but Pride. UFC has its moments but at the end of the day they fight for the dub. not as entertaining, but i guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. even if it means sacrificing a little dignity.

It's fine to support them' date=' but to be honest... a lot of the so called "fans since day 1" on this site completely discredit the opponent.[/quote']

i know.. as do i.. i told every1 rashad had no chance.. but i had a gut feeling rashad was gonna win that decision by lay and pray.. never wanted to say it but i expected it.. it just gets me when people discredit PRIDE fighters when they lose to these new guys.. when imo there not winning ANYTHING but money and a few nubs who just flipped on the channel

it seems to me that Pride fighters fought for well...mmmm not to be punny but Pride. UFC has its moments but at the end of the day they fight for the dub. not as entertaining' date=' but i guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do. even if it means sacrificing a little dignity.[/quote']

well said.. thats exactly my point.. am a little drunk so i stretched it a bit

ama support these guys every time they step in.. i know guys like Wandy are passed their prime.. but ima be on their side every time they step in cause they let it all go.. im watching MMA not NCAA

As a fan of Pride, and someone who misses the organization and style of fights very deeply, I have to ask something. Do you think being a fan of something somehow makes you better? Does loving Pride in any way make anyone more superior than someone who'd never heard of MMA until Kimbo Slice came along? If you've seen every single UFC since the first one in the Denver Coliseum are the dollars more valuable to the promotion than someone who wears a UFC t-shirt but doesn't know a leg lock from a leg warmer?

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the air of superiority people strut around here with. I loved Pride, I've been a fan since before Zuffa touched the UFC, and my thoughts and opinions and money spent doesn't weigh one once more than what someone who's never heard the name Fedor. It's about time we all pulled our heads out of our own asses and started simply enjoying the sport for what it is instead of trying to prove we're the bigger, badder and better fan.

As a fan of Pride' date=' and someone who misses the organization and style of fights very deeply, I have to ask something. Do you think being a fan of something somehow makes you better? Does loving Pride in any way make anyone more superior than someone who'd never heard of MMA until Kimbo Slice came along? If you've seen every single UFC since the first one in the Denver Coliseum are the dollars more valuable to the promotion than someone who wears a UFC t-shirt but doesn't know a leg lock from a leg warmer?

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the air of superiority people strut around here with. I loved Pride, I've been a fan since before Zuffa touched the UFC, and my thoughts and opinions and money spent doesn't weigh one once more than what someone who's never heard the name Fedor. It's about time we all pulled our heads out of our own asses and started simply enjoying the sport for what it is instead of trying to prove we're the bigger, badder and better fan.[/quote']

+100000000000000

Amen brother.

i assumed it was off something like that because it certainly isnt based off logic

you just proved my point.. you guys pick your fighters based off who has the edge in winning.. theirs no emotion involved and no love for the actual sport.. just like seeing the results go your way.. every1 knew Rampages camp was horrible, he was overweight, didnt have wreslters to train with, and has not looked the same since Griffin.. but we all supported him 100% saying rashad had no chance cause we love him as a fighter.. this might sound weird to you but its the way i feel...

I agree, However, if more TUF fighters were like Chuck Liddell you couldn't complain. He rarely if ever gets taken down and when he does he pops up like a Mexican Jumpin Bean. Then he proceeds to usually knock his opponent the F**k out!!! Just look at the Vandelay Silva vs. Liddell match. Silva couldn't take him down, get inside for the clinch and knees and was pretty uneffective. Although, I think Silva had lost a lot by that time. He wasn't near the killer he was in his Pride heyday. But, Chuck is still a good bit older than him. I think "Spider" Silva is the best P.F.P. fighter in the game unless its GSP. However, ANY of the top guys in 185, 205, or heavy always has a punchers chance. Any of them can knock out anyone if they land the big one. Thats why MMA is so great. Their will never be a fighter go thru his whole career of any length undefeated. If you fight you will eventually loose. That includes Brock. The key is who can shake it off the quickest and get back in the gym more hungry to have it never happen again.

your a disgrace to the shogun defense force.. go support rashad

For Shogun, it is different. He's young, and he's proven that he beat that "PRIDE syndrome." that most of those PRIDE suckers have. Plus he's a nice guy, and I like him.

You can't tell me what to do anyways, d*ckhead.

As a fan of Pride' date=' and someone who misses the organization and style of fights very deeply, I have to ask something. Do you think being a fan of something somehow makes you better? Does loving Pride in any way make anyone more superior than someone who'd never heard of MMA until Kimbo Slice came along? If you've seen every single UFC since the first one in the Denver Coliseum are the dollars more valuable to the promotion than someone who wears a UFC t-shirt but doesn't know a leg lock from a leg warmer?

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the air of superiority people strut around here with. I loved Pride, I've been a fan since before Zuffa touched the UFC, and my thoughts and opinions and money spent doesn't weigh one once more than what someone who's never heard the name Fedor. It's about time we all pulled our heads out of our own asses and started simply enjoying the sport for what it is instead of trying to prove we're the bigger, badder and better fan.[/quote']

you misunderstood me.. me writing this is from people hating on rampage and somehow getting into the convo of ''pride fans have no excuses now blah blah their exploited'' and all these threads im reading including SCO who just made an irritating thread on the subject.. im trying to say that YES we supported rampage.. but NO we didnt support him cuz we thought hed win.. we supported him cause he leaves it all in the cage/ring everytime he shows up.. same with all the other pride warriors who didnt find success.. rampage deserves more respect same with all the other PRIDE fighters who werent the same in UFC.. they are legends and are more then these new up and comers will ever be..

like i said before i might be only speaking for my self or only a few others.. not all Pride fans think the same.. lol

you misunderstood me.. me writing this is from people hating on rampage and somehow getting into the convo of ''pride fans have no excuses now blah blah their exploited'' and all these threads im reading including SCO who just made an irritating thread on the subject.. im trying to say that YES we supported rampage.. but NO we didnt support him cuz we thought hed win.. we supported him cause he leaves it all in the cage/ring everytime he shows up.. same with all the other pride warriors who didnt find success.. rampage deserves more respect same with all the other PRIDE fighters who werent the same in UFC.. they are legends and are more then these new up and comers will ever be..

like i said before i might be only speaking for my self or only a few others.. not all Pride fans think the same.. lol

Actually' date=' I supported Rampage because he [i']had[/i] the right tools to counter anything Rashad threw.

I honestly did think he would win.

Oh well.

For Shogun' date=' it is different. He's young, and he's proven that he beat that "PRIDE syndrome." that most of those PRIDE suckers have. Plus he's a nice guy, and I like him.

You can't tell me what to do anyways, d*ckhead.[/quote']

ya see ^^ this is what im talking bout.. no respect for legends.. Shogun would ***** slap you if he saw you

you just proved my point.. you guys pick your fighters based off who has the edge in winning.. theirs no emotion involved and no love for the actual sport.. just like seeing the results go your way.. every1 knew Rampages camp was horrible' date=' he was overweight, didnt have wreslters to train with, and has not looked the same since Griffin.. but we all supported him 100% saying rashad had no chance cause we love him as a fighter.. this might sound weird to you but its the way i feel...[/quote']

well you can still root for a fighter with out thinking he was gonna win, like i wanted dan miller to win but i was certain that bisping would win, and he did

You really think that? Hah.

he really would.. you have no respect for the greatest fighters of the sport.. your on the shogun bandwagon but you obviously hopped on during the machida hype..

w/e enough forums for me tonight.. i vented all my pride love enough.. F U JP...

Archived