Shogun does not match up well against Rashad at all

SCOver2

I already have a "leave the forum" bet with Alpha Omega about this

I'm sure most of you hope I lose, but the reality is Rashad is going to win, and I'm going to be staying on this forum,

so it's like you guys are going to lose twice.

Why? Because Shoguns TDD is crap and Rashad is one of the best wrestlers in the sport.

He's going to eat him alive.

For a massive fan of MMath when trying to prove Brock is the best. (Dont try denying that either, we've all seen you using it relentlessly) here's an equation for you.

Machida > Rashad

Shogun > Machida

Can you figure out the answer?

By the way, i hate mmath with a passion but see how it works when reserved on SCO.

i do see rashad winning this fight' date=' im a little edgy about it but im betting on rashad, shogun is a similar fighter to thiago and rampage, like i said "similar"[/quote']

Shogun is far more well rounded then Rampage or Thiago. I'd say Rashad still has a huge advantage in wrestling but that's about it. Should be a decent fight though.. but ya.. way tougher on Rashad then rampage was.

LOL' date=' shogun will do what machida did to him.

shogun is the superior striker, and dont think because shogun doesnt submit people he cant, plus machida who is a legit black belt unlike rashad, couldnt keep shogun down for more then 15 seconds[/quote']

and where have u been uwillsubmit...?

How many times did Rashad take Machida down? Huh?

This will be a vulgar display of power. Shogun by rape.

Even if Evans takes Rua down, he's got no serious gnp, nor submissions to finish him.

In a 5rd fight, Shogun will just have too much time to land shots to destroy Evans.

machida-knocks-out-evans.jpg

I'm sure most of you hope I lose' date=' but the reality is Rashad is going to win, and I'm going to be staying on this forum,

Why? Because Shoguns TDD is crap and Rashad is one of the best wrestlers in the sport.

He's going to eat him alive.[/quote']

I wouldn't say his TDD is not good but even if it wasn't Shogun will pick him apart on the outside with kicks which will reduce his takedown abilities and Shogun will probably submit Rashad even if he can take him down. Also if he postures up like he did on Forrest expect a heelhook followed by a reversal if Rashad managed to defend it well. I think your forgetting Shogun is excellent off his back especially with that heelhook he will use it to stand back up.

Not saying Rashad can't win but Shogun is not exactly a good match-up for Rashad either.

It's an interesting fight for sure.

I'm sure most of you hope I lose' date=' but the reality is Rashad is going to win, and I'm going to be staying on this forum,

Like he ate Rampage? He can't do **** when hes on top and shoguns jits is 10 times better than everybody rashad has ever faced.

well we haven't really seen rashad's submission defence, however he does have a black belt in bjj.

and rashad has shown decent gnp in the past.

shogun has great striking and jiujitsu , but his takedowns and td defence aren't as good as rashads. If shogun wants to use his jits i think he should actually let rashad take him down and work from there. if he fights rashad's wrestling, he will be pressed against the fence and waste energy.

rashad's takedowns in recent fights have led to alot of clinch work against the fence.

it is possible that rashad can keep the fight in this location to nulify shoguns kicks

shogun i'm guessing will use leg kicks to slow rashad down and rashad may be able to counter these with takedowns. the way rashad keeps his left hand down may allow him to catch the leg kick of shogun and take him down. however shogun may use this to set up a head kick ko or something of that nature.

The fact is that rashad's style recently has made opponents tire in the third round, and being a title fight, this 5 rounder could turn ugly for shogun considering his past history, but i don't think this will play a part tbh..

i don't think shogun can control rashad, but if he can divert rashad's control into a position he can work from then he may be able to post a decent offensive game.

then again i could be completely wrong.... hehe

my money's on shogun btw.

Last nights fight was almost a replay of the Thiago Silva fight. It was pretty much identical in every way. Even down to Thiago not finishing the fight for some strange reason in the third. Why did Rampage not go for the KO after it came back up to the feet? Sound familiar cause Thiago did the same thing. Rashad unfortunately is becoming a boring fighter to watch. He has become the stereotypical points wrestler and it sucks. So what some people are failing to realize is that Shogun has beaten some extremely good wrestlers. Like Randleman, whom Shogun submitted. He demolished Rampage, which Rashad couldn't do. He also tripled Machida's hits taken in the UFC record and beat him , arguably, twice. Which Rashad couldn't do once. Shogun has beat some of the Best there is. Rashad has speed yes. But I really don't think his speed or wrestling is going to be enough to stop Shogun from jackhammering threw his face.

Last nights fight was almost a replay of the Thiago Silva fight. It was pretty much identical in every way. Even down to Thiago not finishing the fight for some strange reason in the third. Why did Rampage not go for the KO after it came back up to the feet? Sound familiar cause Thiago did the same thing. Rashad unfortunately is becoming a boring fighter to watch. He has become the stereotypical points wrestler and it sucks. So what some people are failing to realize is that Shogun has beaten some extremely good wrestlers. Like Randleman' date=' whom Shogun submitted. He demolished Rampage, which Rashad couldn't do. He also tripled Machida's hits taken in the UFC record and beat him , arguably, twice. Which Rashad couldn't do once. Shogun has beat some of the Best there is. Rashad has speed yes. But I really don't think his speed or wrestling is going to be enough to stop Shogun from jackhammering threw his face.[/quote']

But you have to remember, Shogun has lost to some of the sh!ttest fighters, like Forrest Griffin...

For a massive fan of MMath when trying to prove Brock is the best. (Dont try denying that either' date=' we've all seen you using it relentlessly) here's an equation for you.

Machida > Rashad

Shogun > Machida

Can you figure out the answer?

By the way, i hate mmath with a passion but see how it works when reserved on SCO.[/quote']

Heres another equation

Forrest > Shogun

Rashad > Forrest

''mmath'' is BS

IMO Rashad will get a UD over Shogun

Shogun is more well rounded than Rampage ? Yes

Is the favorite and has more chances than Rampage ? Yes

Does he have the same TDD as Rampage ? No... Not even close...

Rashad will do the same thing he did to Thiago. He has a good chance of winning this fight if he stick to the gameplan and don't gass out.

Still think Shogun is gonna take the win though. Rashad's semi-glass chin won't be able to take those shots.

Rashad took Silva down easily but Silva got back up with no problems, so if rashad does take Shogun down that ain,t a given because he cant just lay there and take it to a Dec, I see Shogun getting back up when he wants or even submitting him , Shogun is a beast on the ground . Well stand up is a no contest.

ok, rashad proved a lot of things in the his fight but he also confirmed a few as well.....his inability to take a shot.

imo, evens is always going to be in danger of losing more often then winning against most of the top ten lhw.

his chin is not suspect anymore and if shogun lands one of his strikes flush/semiflush evens will be in trouble and shogun will most likely finish.

only if his chin could withstand the power most if not all the good lhw. he would be nearly a perfect fighter...... but having a bad chin is like having no takedown defense against a wrestler.

ex: he completely dominated rampage and he still was in more danger then rampage ever was...... where in the world is rampages killer instinct? he was slow and lacking tech. in the stand up, on the cage and on the ground but he had his chance to finish and he failed to capitalize.

after all i said..... i agree with you, evens' skill set is favored against shogun

i was actually saying the same things as you did in this thread. that was when evens' chin was just suspect but he proved once again his chin is weak. rampage barely hit him and he was on his back in and in trouble..... he even said he was in trouble, after the fight...... he told rogan he was numb.... what?

shogun is a fast passed fighter and he is an incredible finisher (23 fights/19 wins/17 finishes).....

if rampage was able to catch evens shogun surely will.

Shogun will chase him like a fat kid chases a twinkee. What is Rashad going to do take him down I guess go ahead I mean get submitted stand with him eat some knees some elbos some shin to chin and some bombs from his left and right I really dont see how Rashad can pull off a victory. I wouldnt mind if Rashad won but I think he is going to have his hands full.

wowowowowowowow everyone needs to relax for a second, yes rashad looked impressive against rampage but cmon, rampage isnt the kind of guy to win off his back... rashad just came off a ud over thiago while rampage has what ko wandy and won a sloppy decision over keith jardine then was out of the fight game for a while to only return to a mediocre fight camp at 250 pounds... shogun has just come off of knocking out a guy who was too quick for rashad lol, and lets say rashad takes shogun down at will... what makes you think shogun wont sweep rashad at will? look what he did to machida who is a REAL black belt in jits, sweaped him with ease... shogun will be dangerous for rashad at all moments, let him clinch with shogun and see how he feels, let him strike with shogun and see how he gets his **** rocked, let him jump in shoguns guard and see what happens, and let him have shogun ontop and see how quick hell go out... rashad is good and had a great fight last night, but cmon guys its shogun, all he has is a punchers chance... and umm yea goodluck knocking shogun out lol

Its a tough matchup for Shogun stylisticly. I am a big fan of Rua but he has horrible TDD. Shogun gets taken down in almost every fight. For sure Rashad will be able to take him down at will. Rua is good at scrambling and fighting of his back but Rashad will probably work on that alot. I still pick Shogun to win beacuse its a 5 round fight and I bealive eventually Rashad will get caught by something.

I would be very bumped to see another Mousasi vs King Mo fight in Shogun vs Rashad though.

Provided Shogun is 100% for their fight... Shogun will defeat Rashad, easily. Rashad is an excellent fighter, but in no aspect of his game is he better than Shogun. He will not want to take Shogun down- Shogun's work on the ground is legendary (ie, the Randleman knee bar, or that arm bar he threw on Arona with his legs). Rashad will get subbed if they go to the ground. He will not want to clinch will Shogun. Shogun's clinch is dangerous. He'll be forced to stand, and Shogun will knock him out easily.

Heres another equation

Forrest > Shogun

Rashad > Forrest

''mmath'' is BS

IMO Rashad will get a UD over Shogun

AND another equation:

Griffin sub Shogun

Rashad TKOed Griffin

Machida KOed Evans

Shogun Destroyed Machida...

this will just end up in basic Equation:

Shogun Decapitating Evans is ALWAYS > Evans Sub/UD Shogun!

Its a tough matchup for Shogun stylisticly. I am a big fan of Rua but he has horrible TDD. Shogun gets taken down in almost every fight. For sure Rashad will be able to take him down at will. Rua is good at scrambling and fighting of his back but Rashad will probably work on that alot. I still pick Shogun to win beacuse its a 5 round fight and I bealive eventually Rashad will get caught by something.

I would be very bumped to see another Mousasi vs King Mo fight in Shogun vs Rashad though.

I completely agree with you man. I can easily see this fight being exactly like Mousassi and King Mo. Rashad will take Shogun down and hold him for most of the fight, like the fight Shogun will be throwing strikes from the bottom and trying to scramble back to his feet for most of the match.

At the same time I wouldn't be suprised to see Shogun knock Rashad out. Shogun is gonna look to keep this fight standing and Rashad will be looking to keep it on the ground. Classic striker vs wrestler matchup. Wrestlers generally come out on top in these fights and history provides us with proof of this:

GSP > all of his fights since Serra

Rashad > Rampage and Thiago Silva

Chael Sonnen> Nate the great

King Mo> Mousassi

Brock Lesnar > all of his fights

All of Kongos losses haha

Kos > Daley

the list goes on...

Archived