Yellow cards and Tdd

alliedwarior

MMA needs to start taking away points for stalling,

I know half you are going to be like "this is MMA not boxing" but guess what its not wrestling or huggin' either.

MMA is getting boring if you want to admit it or not it is, not only the UFC but all MMA needs to start taking points away when a fighter repeatedly holds the other guy against a fence for a long period of time.

Some people say its stradegy but who cares its fighting, if your not willing to take a punch DONT come into MMA!

Also lay n' pray is the same thing, if you are in MMA you need to fight not grapple.

& nobody try and pull that b/s Im not a MMA fan for not liking wrestling, the Nog Brillz fight was awsome to watch I loved watching that battle on the ground.

The main problem is the match makin, stop making these stupid stiker vs grappler fights and just let strikers fight strikers and grapplers fight grapplers unless its a title or contender fight.

Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead.

MMA needs to start taking away points for stalling' date='

I know half you are going to be like "this is MMA not boxing" but guess what its not wrestling or huggin' either.

MMA is getting boring if you want to admit it or not it is, not only the UFC but all MMA needs to start taking points away when a fighter repeatedly holds the other guy against a fence for a long period of time.

Some people say its stradegy but who cares its fighting, if your not willing to take a punch DONT come into MMA!

Also lay n' pray is the same thing, if you are in MMA you need to fight not grapple.

& nobody try and pull that b/s Im not a MMA fan for not liking wrestling, the Nog Brillz fight was awsome to watch I loved watching that battle on the ground.

The main problem is the match makin, stop making these stupid stiker vs grappler fights and just let strikers fight strikers and grapplers fight grapplers unless its a title or contender fight.

Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead.[/quote']

There is no yellow cards, because Dana believes in letting the fighters implement their own strategy.

Also lay n' pray is the same thing, [b']if you are in MMA you need to fight not grapple.[/b]

Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead.

So according to you they need to remove the grappling aspect of MMA to make you happy. Sorry, my friend, but you are an idiot. Grappling is a great aspect of any combat sport and I enjoy watching a dominate grappler any day.

Having someone in the clinch against the fence is not "hugging" in any way, shape, or form. The purpose of clinching, especially against the fence, is to take some of your opponent's cardio away and to look for the takedown or some dirty boxing. It can also be used to set up big shots on the way out of the clinch.

I've seen many of your posts on these forums and you tend to gripe about wrestling/grappling a lot. This really may not be the sport for you since you even stated grappling is the problem with MMA.

If anything' date=' everyone needs to join the Nog gym and LEARN HOW TO ****ING SWEEP FROM BOTTOM POSITION!!! HOLY **** ARE THE NOGS THE ONLY ****ING ONES ONE EARTH THAT KNOW THIS?!!![/quote']

It seems that a lot of fighters still need to work on their takedown defense and working off of their back more efficiently. You're absolutely right.

Well, if you look at a lot of the younger talent and guys trying to make it into the big time they are more well-rounded than fighters of the past. Everyone knows now-a-days you need to be good in all aspects of MMA. You need to be able to compete wherever the fight may go and be able to come out on top.

So according to you they need to remove the grappling aspect of MMA to make you happy. Sorry' date=' my friend, but you are an idiot. Grappling is a great aspect of any combat sport and I enjoy watching a dominate grappler any day.

Having someone in the clinch against the fence is not "hugging" in any way, shape, or form. The purpose of clinching, especially against the fence, is to take some of your opponent's cardio away and to look for the takedown or some dirty boxing. It can also be used to set up big shots on the way out of the clinch.

I've seen many of your posts on these forums and you tend to gripe about wrestling/grappling a lot. This really may not be the sport for you since you even stated grappling is the problem with MMA.[/quote']

man shut the **** up your an idiot, read my post Im not sayin get ride of grappling i just said i loved watchin the nog fight on the ground im saying that the reason i hate wrestling is because of huggin against the fence and just sticking your head into someone chest and gettin a decision .

and yea it is huggin sure you can use the clinch for dirty boxing but Rashad wasnt and most wrestlers dont @!!!!

MMA is constantly evolving, and soon, the fighters who are not well rounded will not be competition for champs... Look at the champs? Right now, we have Brock Lesnar (soon to be dethroned by a more well-rounded fighter), Shogun, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Frank Edgar. All of those dudes are well rounded (Except for Brock, but he has time to learn) and that's why they are champions... BJJ is going to make a huge comeback soon, that is what I prophesy... People get strong enough on their back, and good enough with their sweeps and timing, wrestling and BJJ will be equal powers.

MMA is constantly evolving' date=' and soon, the fighters who are not well rounded will not be competition for champs... Look at the champs? Right now, we have Brock Lesnar (soon to be dethroned by a more well-rounded fighter), Shogun, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Frank Edgar. All of those dudes are well rounded (Except for Brock, but he has time to learn) and that's why they are champions... BJJ is going to make a huge comeback soon, that is what I prophesy... People get strong enough on their back, and good enough with their sweeps and timing, wrestling and BJJ will be equal powers.[/quote']

man that is beside the point im not complain about wrestling or ground game im complain that wrestlers can jsut stall and get a win, I dont watch MMA to see some wrestler scared to take a punch since hes been koed i wanna watch two people FIGHT not grapple but fight, I dont care if you do to the ground but just do SOMETHING go for a sub or KO if a fight doesnt have any punchin for more then 2 mintues and theres no sub attempts just stop the fight and dont pay these guys.

man that is beside the point im not complain about wrestling or ground game im complain that wrestlers can jsut stall and get a win' date=' I dont watch MMA to see some wrestler scared to take a punch since hes been koed i wanna watch two people FIGHT not grapple but fight, I dont care if you do to the ground but just do SOMETHING go for a sub or KO [b']if a fight doesnt have any punchin for more then 2 mintues and theres no sub attempts just stop the fight and dont pay these guys[/b].

Actually, the ref has every right to seperate inactive fighters (Like he did with Rashad and Rampage on a couple of occasions) or stand them up, if they're not working on the ground. It seems like you have less patience than the refs though.

In the end of the day, it comes down to personal taste. And there's no way to please everyone in one fight. That's why the fights are put together in a card, and in more cases than not, they present a mix of fight types.

man that is beside the point im not complain about wrestling or ground game im complain that wrestlers can jsut stall and get a win' date=' I dont watch MMA to see some wrestler scared to take a punch since hes been koed i wanna watch two people FIGHT not grapple but fight, I dont care if you do to the ground but just do SOMETHING go for a sub or KO if a fight doesnt have any punchin for more then 2 mintues and theres no sub attempts just stop the fight and dont pay these guys.[/quote']

More exaggeration. No one EVER lays there doing nothing for two minutes. The referee would stand them up before two minutes ever went by. Also, wrestlers do not stall. Normally they setup takedowns which is being AGGRESSIVE. Controlling someone is not stalling, it's imposing your will, showing aggression, and implementing control.

If you want to watch "fighting" as you put it then you need to go the bars and pick fights with other people. This isn't some back yard brawl where people throw caution to the wind and act like a bunch of retards. This is mixed martial arts where the contestants look to impose their technique and outclass the other man. This isn't high school fighting, boxing, K-1, or any other BS you want it to be.

If you don't like the outcomes you either: A. Need to grow up or B. Stop watching

More exaggeration. No one EVER lays there doing nothing for two minutes. The referee would stand them up before two minutes ever went by. Also' date=' wrestlers do not stall. Normally they setup takedowns which is being AGGRESSIVE. Controlling someone is not stalling, it's imposing your will, showing aggression, and implementing control.

If you want to watch "fighting" as you put it then you need to go the bars and pick fights with other people. This isn't some back yard brawl where people throw caution to the wind and act like a bunch of retards. This is mixed martial arts where the contestants look to impose their technique and outclass the other man. This isn't high school fighting, boxing, K-1, or any other BS you want it to be.

If you don't like the outcomes you either: A. Need to grow up or B. Stop watching[/quote']

dont reply to my posts man your an idiot,

Rashad held Rampage for more then two minutes, GSP didnt hit Hardy once in 25 mintues and Koscheck didnt hit Daley at all in 15 and "fighting" as i put it is fighting as in hurting the other person,

you use the same stupid comments everyone always says, this isnt a back yard brawl??? back yard brawls are a million times more entertaiing then a wreslter scared to fight

shut up you ******, i just wanna see a fight not a holding match, why do you have to enjoy every single fight to be a mma fan??

and did you really just call boxing and K1 bs? so pretty much you like to roll around huggin half naked guys and you think KTFO of people is bs?

alright now i know to never respect what you say again.

oh and A. you should grow up and stop using the same excuses for these puzzys "it's imposing your will" no it's being a ***** who scared to take a punch or posture up cause youll get subbed.

and B. Ill watch all I want then come on here and complain about how boring it was.

More exaggeration. No one EVER lays there doing nothing for two minutes. The referee would stand them up before two minutes ever went by. Also' date=' wrestlers do not stall. Normally they setup takedowns which is being AGGRESSIVE. [b']Controlling someone is not stalling, it's imposing your will, showing aggression, and implementing control.[/b]

If you don't like the outcomes you either: A. Need to grow up or B. Stop watching

Yeah well doing all the above is the same stuff that happens when people unwillingly get F uck D in the @ss, and thats not allowed in mma, so neither should what rashad, GSP, KOS or any other LnP wrestler does.

and fyi don take my name as in im a pissed off rampage fan.

I would have been fine if rashad woulda KO'd him or sub'd him, or even if he made a helluva fight out of it, but he did none of the three..

So according to you they need to remove the grappling aspect of MMA to make you happy. Sorry' date=' my friend, but you are an idiot. Grappling is a great aspect of any combat sport and I enjoy watching a dominate grappler any day.

I've seen many of your posts on these forums and you tend to gripe about wrestling/grappling a lot. This really may not be the sport for you since you even stated grappling is the problem with MMA.[/quote']

I hate to break it to you but Pride had yellow cards for stalling AND lots of grappling. They just had Greco, judo, and ju jitsu. Not lame **** wrestle for points stalling.

The two are NOT synonymous. Wrestling is NOT all of grappling. You can penalize the lay and pray style without hamstringing grappling.

I seem to recall both Nogs, Rua, Fedor, etc etc etc all getting plenty of grappling in with yellow cards penalizing stalling.

Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead.[/quote']

This is why I miss Pride FC, UFC needs to get the Yellow Card system to stall these guys from holding opponents against the fence. Pride FC usually broke up the situation if no damage was beeing made, and for no follow up after the takedown.

UFC needs to do something about this or MMA will always have a stain as having boring matches, fan boo all the time cos a fighter will do nothing but hold someone against the cage to win the round instead of fighting.

Its good that MMA has a vast pool of different styles, but Wrestlers are coming more & more and they are not evolving, they are simply wrestling to victory. They are not the only ones to blame, BJJ, Judo, standup fighters needs to evolve as well, but they arent. UFC needs to imply rules to prevent one style to the other.

It would be a far more exciting fight if both fighters opposing each other were both wrestler, striker, and grappler. And they varied their styles during the fight.

Its good that MMA has a vast pool of different styles' date=' but Wrestlers are coming more & more and they are not evolving, they are simply wrestling to victory. They are not the only ones to blame, BJJ, Judo, standup fighters needs to evolve as well, but they arent. UFC needs to imply rules to prevent one style to the other.

It would be a far more exciting fight if both fighters opposing each other were both wrestler, striker, and grappler. And they varied their styles during the fight.[/quote']

That's not where the sport is yet. But as more wrestlers dominate, you can expect everyone to start evolving TD defense, escapes, etc. The sport isn't going to dratiscally change overnight - it takes time for people to hone new skills and new fighters to emerge. But it WILL happen.

I don't think rules should prevent an athlete from executing a winning gameplan just because some fans find it boring. This is a sport - at the end of the day we should let the athletes go for the win first, and the entertainment will hopefully follow.

Eventually' date=' MMA fighters will focus on being more well rounded, and the people who don't wanna get dominated by a wrestler would learn BJJ and sweeps...[/quote']

Or the rules will evolve and allow a striker to soccer kick the wrestler in the face when he goes for a takedown, or knee him in the head from guard.

"Some people say its stradegy but who cares its fighting' date=' if your not willing to take a punch DONT come into MMA!"

If you're not willing to be clinched or taken down, don't come into MMA.[/quote']

obviously there willing

you think Rashad huggin you hurts?

i find a lot of sports boring to watch....thats why i dont watch them. go find a new sport if your tired of watching people who think they have dynamite in their hands get taken down because all they talked about in their promos is getting the KO with one shot to the chin. honestly i dont like baseball and golf but i dont get on forums and tell them to make new rules so ill be happy.

"Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead."

Out of the OP's rant one thing stuck out to me that I agree with and was wondering if anyone knew if points are awarded for Stuffing takedowns?

Well not completely agree. I do not think a stuff should be worth more then a takedown but should be equal. So again does anyone know if points are awarded and how important the judges view them?

I'm gonna put it this way, Dana doesn't believe in yellow cards because he believes in letting fighters form their own strategies. Okay I can get behind that so long as the fighters strategy is to fight. I don't believe a takedown should be weighed the way it is on a judges score card. Look at Machida/Shogun 2 I was giving Machida round 1 cause he got the takedowns and knew thats what the judges would see. But I don't agree with that BECAUSE Shogun was pretty much able to get up at will. So Machida really wasn't dictating where the fight was taking place more like he was taking Shogun down to give himself a chance to recover from the exchanges on the feet. So IMO a takedown / a clinch should be weighed only by what you are able to do with that takedown or a clinch.

Its because of that, I think yellow cards for stalling or a point deduction for stalling needs to make a comeback.

Also knee's to a downed opponent if only to provide a penalty to wrestlers for when they miss a takedown. Right now they is no real consequence to missing a takedown, you miss it, and to avoid the knee to the face all you have to do is put 1 knee on the canvas and your opponent can't throw it.

With the current unified rule set, wrestling is given a distinctive advantage over everything else.

"Also I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose. If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead."

Out of the OP's rant one thing stuck out to me that I agree with and was wondering if anyone knew if points are awarded for Stuffing takedowns?

Well not completely agree. I do not think a stuff should be worth more then a takedown but should be equal. So again does anyone know if points are awarded and how important the judges view them?

you are not awarded any points for stuffing a takedown it is not even considered. Which is stupid because if you stuff a takedown you are denying your opponent control and imposing your will on where the fight takes place aka, applying control.

I agree with basically everything you said about the grappling/wrestling but it's not like I don't like it. Your right the lil nog fight was great & they weren't even striking on the ground they were working which is entertaining, laying on someone until they gas out is ridiculously boring strategy or not. It's like two strikers who are tentative to punch or are fulltime counter punchers it's boring so it's not just ground or grappling that can get boring. I usually don't order a machida fight cause it's boring as shhit (minus his last fight where he got KO'D!!!) & Ima big fan & can sit thru boring shhit. But to the casual fan like my dad I showed him the machida/Evans fight he was bored; we had a huge party for the gsp/hardy fight, guess what? Everybody was bored I just jumped out of my seat when hardy didn't tap cause I appreciate shhit like that. So what I'm tryna say is no matter where the fight takes place fighters need to WORK. If your on the ground try n advance your position or GNP. If your striking fucck at least jab or something. I'm not asking for all out brawls but something pretty good.

Ohh & yes yellow cards would work, but warn em first

you are not awarded any points for stuffing a takedown it is not even considered. Which is stupid because if you stuff a takedown you are denying your opponent control and imposing your will on where the fight takes place aka' date=' applying control.[/quote']

Thank you for the straight forward answer.

Wait a minute' date=' dumb ****. why can't you punch a guy in the face who missed a takedown?? Adding knees to downed opponent will completely assure wrestlers will own every belt in the UFC. Who spends 90% of their time on top on the ground? The better wrestler. You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about and don't know a god damn thing about fighting, that's for sure.[/quote']

That's a bit harsh, he wasn't even being disrespectful he was just stating an opinion you

D ouche bag

Wait a minute' date=' dumb ****. why can't you punch a guy in the face who missed a takedown?? Adding knees to downed opponent will completely assure wrestlers will own every belt in the UFC. Who spends 90% of their time on top on the ground? The better wrestler. You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about and don't know a god damn thing about fighting, that's for sure.[/quote']

Because your not allowed to strike the top of your opponents head with a kick or a punch. Calling me a dumb **** when you don't understand the rules shows how stupid you are. And I don't care if the wrestler uses the knees on his opponent just so long as they are busy. But as it stands when you miss a shoot all you need to do is drop 1 knee to the ground and your opponent is not able to strike you without risking an illegal blow of 1 kind or another. And a Knee to a downed opponent is much less likely to cause harm then a blow thrown to the top of the head downwards, because you don't risk compressing or damaging the brain stem which would result in death.

Did I explain it for you good enough or do you need me to draw a diagram?

Because your not allowed to strike the top of your opponents head with a kick or a punch. Calling me a dumb **** when you don't understand the rules shows how stupid you are. And I don't care if the wrestler uses the knees on his opponent just so long as they are busy. But as it stands when you miss a shoot all you need to do is drop 1 knee to the ground and your opponent is not able to strike you without risking an illegal blow of 1 kind or another. And a Knee to a downed opponent is much less likely to cause harm then a blow thrown to the top of the head downwards' date=' because you don't risk compressing or damaging the brain stem which would result in death.

Did I explain it for you good enough or do you need me to draw a diagram? [/quote']

You are a dumb ****, because apparently you never heard of one the most powerful punches there is the uppercut. It's extremely difficult to knee someone trying to take you down anyway, unless they really suck and completely botched it. If you go to knee, you are most likely just going to get dumped on your head. But there aren't many wrestlers that suck and completely botch it... it's usually non-wrestlers trying to go for a takedown and **** it up so bad they are in danger.

You are a dumb ****' date=' because apparently you never heard of one the most powerful punches there is the uppercut. It's extremely difficult to knee someone trying to take you down anyway, unless they really suck and completely botched it. If you go to knee, you are most likely just going to get dumped on your head. But there aren't many wrestlers that suck and completely botch it... it's usually non-wrestlers trying to go for a takedown and **** it up so bad they are in danger.[/quote']

Yeah like Diego Sanchez because he id a horrible wrestler....

You are a dumb ****' date=' because apparently you never heard of one the most powerful punches there is the uppercut. It's extremely difficult to knee someone trying to take you down anyway, unless they really suck and completely botched it. If you go to knee, you are most likely just going to get dumped on your head. But there aren't many wrestlers that suck and completely botch it... it's usually non-wrestlers trying to go for a takedown and **** it up so bad they are in danger.[/quote']

Kos Vs. Daley ignoring all the other controversy around that match, Daley threw what was an Illegal knee to Kos. That would have been 100% okay if you were allowed to knee a downed opponent and would have made Kos think twice about attempting it again. And what the hell does an uppercut have to do with anything? How the hell do you uppercut an opponent who is already on his knee's? do you drop to your knees yourself to throw that shot? When an opponent is on his knee's or has 1 knee on the ground you have much fewer options for legal strikes and it is alot more risky to throw downward punches on an opponent because if you accidentally touch the top of your opponents head you've thrown an illegal strike you lose a point and most likely the round.

I'm done with you, cause clearly you have no idea what your talking about.

Kos Vs. Daley ignoring all the other controversy around that match' date=' Daley threw what was an Illegal knee to Kos. That would have been 100% okay if you were allowed to knee a downed opponent and would have made Kos think twice about attempting it again. And what the hell does an uppercut have to do with anything? How the hell do you uppercut an opponent who is already on his knee's? do you drop to your knees yourself to throw that shot? When an opponent is on his knee's or has 1 knee on the ground you have much fewer options for legal strikes and it is alot more risky to throw downward punches on an opponent because if you accidentally touch the top of your opponents head you've thrown an illegal strike you lose a point and most likely the round.

I'm done with you, cause clearly you have no idea what your talking about.[/quote']

Kos was the one actually recovering from a takedown/reversal in that fight. You are a stupid, ignorant fat fuqer who's only fight in life has been to which spice girl to beat off your tiny, greasy d ick to. Go back to watching bruce lee's movies.

Oh and before I leave this thread I'm going to post Pride FC's Rules and the unified rules for comparison you be the judge of what was actually a better rule set to have in terms of not only making fighters fight, but in balancing the field between disciplines. Also keep in mind not a single fighter died under Pride FC's rules.

Unified Rules:

Fouls:

Headbutting

Eye Gouging

hair pulling

Fishhooking

Strikes to the spinal area and back of the head including strikes to the top of the head

Grabbing the trachea

Biting

small joint manipulation (fingers and toes)

throwing your opponent out of the ring or cage

holding your opponents gloves or trunks

Running out of the Ring/Cage

Holding the ropes or fence

grabbing or putting your hands inside the gloves and trunks of your opponent

The Nevada athletic commission added these:

Putting a finger into any orifice or cut/laceration on an opponent.

Downward elbows to the head of an opponent

pinching/twisting the flesh

grabbing the clavicle

spiking an opponent

Engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct that injures an opponent

attacking an opponent between rounds/ when the fight is over

Using abusive language

Disregarding the instructions of the Referee

Timidity, without limitation to, Avoiding contact with opponent, faking injury and intentionally/ consistently dropping your mouthpiece.

Pride:

Fouls: Elbow strikes to the head and Face were fouls

You were however permitted to use Stomps to grounded opponents, Soccer kicks to a grounded opponent and knee's to the head of a grounded opponent.

Judging Criteria and General Conduct:

1. the effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission,

2. damage given to the opponent,

3. standing combinations and ground control,

4. takedowns and takedown defense,

5. aggressiveness, and

6. weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10 kg/22 lb or mo

If fighters commit the following actions, they shall be given a yellow card by officials: Stalling or failure to initiate any offensive attack, making no attempt to finalize the match or damage the opponent, and holding the opponent's body with the arms and legs to produce a stalemate. A yellow card results in a 10% deduction/fine of the fighter's fight purse.

Kos was the one actually recovering from a takedown/reversal in that fight. You are a stupid' date=' ignorant fat fuqer who's only fight in life has been to which spice girl to beat off your tiny, greasy d ick to. Go back to watching bruce lee's movies.[/quote']

I've ignored your petty insults to this point and tried to keep things civil. But it has become obvious to me that you are a neanderthal beyond reproach. People who know me around this board would agree that I am very polite in pretty much 95% of the discussions I take part in. And I try to keep things about the actual topic at hand. And yet here you are resorting to personal attacks to dissuade and distract from a debate that you are losing and losing handily. I love how you call me ignorant and make assumptions as to just who and what I am, that tells the other forum goers the depth of your character and the sort of mentality you have. I have won this discussion in every possible way.

Kos was the one actually recovering from a takedown/reversal in that fight. You are a stupid' date=' ignorant fat fuqer who's only fight in life has been to which spice girl to beat off your tiny, greasy d ick to. Go back to watching bruce lee's movies.[/quote']

getting mad because you are being soundly refuted = the mark of a real idiot

getting mad because you are being soundly refuted = the mark of a real idiot

No, a pride ****g0t is the mark of a real idiot. Most of you dumb fqs who even pretend to be pride fans never even watched the chit. They almost never gave yellows to wrestlers. They aloost always gave yellows for people running away from fighting, like Anderson Silva's recent performances. You know, that guy known for his dominating wrestling in the UFC?

No' date=' a pride ****g0t is the mark of a real idiot. Most of you dumb fqs who even pretend to be pride fans never even watched the chit. They almost never gave yellows to wrestlers. They aloost always gave yellows for people running away from fighting, like Anderson Silva's recent performances. You know, that guy known for his dominating wrestling in the UFC?[/quote']

Delete your account.

Also [b']I wanna say that defending a takedown should be worth more then a takedown. It pissses me off that a guy can stuff 4 out of 5 take downs but if they dont defend that 5th then they lose.[/b] If someone stuffs a takedown one takedown shouldnt put them in the lead.

same thing in the Couture/Vera and Penn/Edgar fight...

Oh and before I leave this thread I'm going to post Pride FC's Rules and the unified rules for comparison you be the judge of what was actually a better rule set to have in terms of not only making fighters fight' date=' but in balancing the field between disciplines. Also keep in mind not a single fighter died under Pride FC's rules.

[b']Unified Rules: [/b]

grabbing the clavicle

spiking an opponent

Using abusive language

Timidity, without limitation to, Avoiding contact with opponent, faking injury and intentionally/ consistently dropping your mouthpiece.

If fighters commit the following actions, they shall be given a yellow card by officials: Stalling or failure to initiate any offensive attack, making no attempt to finalize the match or damage the opponent, and holding the opponent's body with the arms and legs to produce a stalemate. A yellow card results in a 10% deduction/fine of the fighter's fight purse.

lol...just sayin...

Because dumb ****.... they are facing down after going for a takedown. So you cant reach his face. God your stupid.

If you mean why dont you hit them in the head its because they are facing DOWN and your not allowed to punch people in the back of the head. You dont throw an uppercut because you wind up hitting them in the forehead and thats a great way to break your hand. I really hope your walking around with a helmet, a big retard helmet.

[b']The main problem is the match makin, stop making these stupid stiker vs grappler fights and just let strikers fight strikers and grapplers fight grapplers [/b]unless its a title or contender fight.

its just sad! im really at a loss for words! i mean i know they let some of these people live in the community but why let the dangerously mental ones out?

obviously there willing

you think Rashad huggin you hurts?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you've never wrestled. I guarantee that Rampage was feeling those takedowns the next day - wrestling is actually incredibly exhausting and takes a physical toll.

If they're willing' date=' why cry about it?[/quote']

because im not some *** who likes watching guys hug each other I like watching them try and ko or rib a body part off.

its just sad! im really at a loss for words! i mean i know they let some of these people live in the community but why let the dangerously mental ones out?

its sad that you just said that' date=' i would rather watch two ground guys who actually know what there doin then one just lay on a striker

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you've never wrestled. I guarantee that Rampage was feeling those takedowns the next day - wrestling is actually incredibly exhausting and takes a physical toll.

actually i have wrestled and you dont feel those take downs the next day unless its your first week. and i really dont thik that was rampages first week.

Oh and before I leave this thread I'm going to post Pride FC's Rules and the unified rules for comparison you be the judge of what was actually a better rule set to have in terms of not only making fighters fight' date=' but in balancing the field between disciplines. Also keep in mind not a single fighter died under Pride FC's rules.

[b']Unified Rules: [/b]

Fouls:

Headbutting

Eye Gouging

hair pulling

Fishhooking

Strikes to the spinal area and back of the head including strikes to the top of the head

Grabbing the trachea

Biting

small joint manipulation (fingers and toes)

throwing your opponent out of the ring or cage

holding your opponents gloves or trunks

Running out of the Ring/Cage

Holding the ropes or fence

grabbing or putting your hands inside the gloves and trunks of your opponent

grabbing the clavicle

spiking an opponent

Using abusive language

Pride:

Fouls: Elbow strikes to the head and Face were fouls

You were however permitted to use Stomps to grounded opponents, Soccer kicks to a grounded opponent and knee's to the head of a grounded opponent.

Judging Criteria and General Conduct:

1. the effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission,

2. damage given to the opponent,

3. standing combinations and ground control,

4. takedowns and takedown defense,

5. aggressiveness, and

6. weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10 kg/22 lb or mo

ppride rules were 50 times better.

because im not some *** who likes watching guys hug each other I like watching them try and ko or rib a body part off.

its sad that you just said that' date=' i would rather watch two ground guys who actually know what there doin then one just lay on a striker

actually i have wrestled and you dont feel those take downs the next day unless its your first week. and i really dont thik that was rampages first week.[/quote']

but you just want strikers to fight strikers and grapplers to fight grapplers! it just cant work!

the whole point is its MMA,when this sport began the idea was to find the best style! it was thought up by the gracies to prove gracie BJJ could beat any other style! well its not far away now,if you are a striker with no tdd and no ground game then you are gonna be fecked against a more well rounded fighter!

Mixed Martial Arts

Archived