Whats next for Hathaway?

Craig_M

First of all Congratulations to Hathaway. He looked increadable against Diego Sanchez, who should he fight next?

I want to see him face the Hughes vs Almeida winner (eispecially if almeida wins)

Matt Serra is a posibilitly

Dustin Hazellet would be good, but a step down from a W over Sanchez.

Paulo Thiago vs Martin Kampann winner is also a good posibility.

Hathaway vs Almeida is the fight i want to see (only if he beats hughes)

Thoughts?

He deserves better than Marcus Davis imo. Carlos Condit is a good idea.

I was just thinking Davis was a good test for Hardy so it would be interesting to see if Hathaway would struggle against him as well or whether he would steam roll him.

I'm guessing he would win well because he is a lengthy fighter and we've seen Davis struggle against them but would be a good fight imo.

I was just thinking Davis was a good test for Hardy so it would be interesting to see if Hathaway would struggle against him as well or whether he would steam roll him.

I'm guessing he would win well because he is a lengthy fighter and we've seen Davis struggle against them but would be a good fight imo.

It might be a good fight, but i think its unfair on hathaway to give him a fighter of Davis' rank after an impressive victory over someone like diego sanchez

1./ Hathaway is a better fighter than Hardy as you will all find out

2./ Davis would be a massive step down from Diego and is ALWAYS dangerous so that would be a silly fight

3./ Mike Swick or Paolo Thiago

4./ And the winner is next in line for GSP

I have a lot of faith in Hathaway as does all members of my gym including two very well known fighters

1./ Hathaway is a better fighter than Hardy as you will all find out

2./ Davis would be a massive step down from Diego and is ALWAYS dangerous so that would be a silly fight

3./ Mike Swick or Paolo Thiago

4./ And the winner is next in line for GSP

I have a lot of faith in Hathaway as does all members of my gym including two very well known fighters

in line for gsp..:confused:.....maybe if he finishes swick or paulo thiago or wins decisively then does it again to someone else imo

I think he should get Fitch. Both are great wrestlers so it should be a standup battle. Plus I'd love to see Fitch take a knee like Diego did last night. It would be lights out for him

He doesnt deserve fitch yet. One more win and fitch deserves a title shot.

After beating Diego so convincingly, you can throw at him only a few names without it feeling like a step back I think. It should be someone with higher ranking than Diego had. I would actually like to see him fight Hardy. I would want him to be matched up against a high rank dominant striker.

hes only 22 id say hazelett or condit dont think hes ready for anyone else yet. the guy looked awsome tho

Yea really, you guys are ready to throw him to the wolves. Hathaway showed a great game last night and Diego looked terrible. He's wayy young at 22 and looks to be a contender soon

Give him a few more fights in the middle and see if he still stands out, we've seen guys come in show a great game and get handled when they fight real competition. Normally I'd say Diego is tough competition but last night he looked amature.

Dana will never match two of Britains best against each other unless he could heavily market it or it was a title shot because he is praying for all the good Brits he can get because when he has a decent Brit like Hardy, Bisping ,Hathaway ,Pearson and all the other up and comers it continues the UFCs rise in the U.K and Dana always said that America, Britain, Canada ,Mexico where the four places he knew would make MMA explode

Good fight by Hathaway. Finally a Brit that learned some take down defense.

Don;t get to excited. Diego is no Fittch, Kos, Hughes or GSP when it comes to wrestling and takedowns or even striking for that matter.

I have a feeling the winner of Fitch vs Alves will face the winner of Thiago vs Kampmann. Which is good. Hathaway is only 22, there is no rush to shoot him up into the top ranks. Let him develop some more and bring him along at a reasonable pace like they are doing with Jon Jones.

Winner of Hughes vs Almeida would be a good test.Or maybe Dong Hyun Kim coming off his smoother win of Amir.

Archived