Where do you think Diego has better chances of success, WW or LW?

mynameis

After seeing what a 22 year old Brit did to him (no disrespect intended, Hathaway is great, just trying to sound dramatic :)), please vote in which division you think he would have better chances for success.

Hopefully BJ didnt mess him up permanently, but I doubt he will ever be dominant again at WW. Arguably he has good chances against anybody at LW except for Penn. Not that he would be the LW Fitch, but most likely top5.

Diego needs a class at like 162 in my opinion. He looks really skrony in lw and looses most of his power when he cuts to 155. at ww he looks kinda chubby and is not that strong for a 170. too bad he cant find a medium between the two. He would be dominate at a weight class that actually suits him

Diego needs a class at like 162 in my opinion. He looks really skrony in lw and looses most of his power when he cuts to 155. at ww he looks kinda chubby and is not that strong for a 170. too bad he cant find a medium between the two. He would be dominate at a weight class that actually suits him

If everyone had a perfect weight class for them, everyone would be dominant.

I think that if Diego had the strength coach that Penn or StPierre has he'd be able to fit into welterweight just fine. Having 3 losses at WW and one loss at LW (that loss being a championship bout by the way) pretty much proves he's more of a 155 lb. fighter.

I think he's better at WW. He'll find his flow back once he's back to normal at 170 and get back up there at Top 5.

I dont think he will ever be top 5 WW again. GSP, Fitch, Koscheck, Alves, Thiago... Too tough for him imo. WW has evolved a lot in the past couple years. He should have stayed at 155 since he had made the cut successfully in the first place.

Diego didn't put the weight on correctly - he looked chubby' date=' slow and gassed.[/quote']

I agree with this, Diego is much better than what he displayed in the Hathaway fight. With that being said i feel that the sport of MMA has moved on and once rated fighters like Sanchez, Joe Stevenson, Forrest etc are getting found out by completely new animals such as Hathaway. And in my opinion will struggle to get into contendership again

Light weight. We seen that he can make it to the title.If he gave it another shot at lw he could possibly hold the title. Diego is one of them fighters i wanna see hold a title. He gives it 100%everytime and doesnt slack or give accuses . His heart is in the game more than the fighters that are champions

He not only looked terrible but fought terrible too. I was really disappointed by his performance. Even though in interviews he said he was back. He looked like he did after BJ punished him in rd 1. Scared and tentative. I really hope he goes back to LW. I agree he put the weight on wrong, but he always looked a bit chubby fighting at WW. He just put his career on stall for the next year or two as he tries to find his place in the UFC again. WW obviously is not gonna work at all for him. Who thinks he will actually fight at WW after that performance? I certainly don't.

he would be fine in both if he just changed some things with his camp ... he's looking for an easy way to fame and its not just gonna show up and bend over for him .. thats all he has to realize and the rest will fall in place

DS should've just stayed at LW. He was in way better shape, cutting weight forces you to train a little harder bringing up your cardio. He became slow by putting the weight back on, his striking didn't seem as crisp and taking down a guy bigger and taller than him is a tough task.

diego is really stiff so i dont think he would do well against a lw but he would have a good chance to be good at both division if he changed camp and started to develope his wrestling and started to train with a good mt or boxing coach. But most important a good coach that comes up with good gameplans, the recent ones was like coming from a crackhead.

Diego didn't put the weight on correctly - he looked chubby' date=' slow and gassed.[/quote']

+1 this is why I say WW. Yeah he had a bad showing, but i think he needs to put the weight on correctly, get his strenght back up to push people around and start wrecking house. Yeah he did well in the LW devision, but he lost a lot of his power. I think he will be at his best a little heavier. We'll see how he fairs next time around.

Archived