Lil Nog lost, how does anyone think any different?

Dicker410

they just want lil nog to fight shogun so they can hype up the next Event! the ufc is become more like boxings when it come's to scoring fights,it's happen twice now in the space of 1 month!.it seem like they are fixings fights so can hype up the next event.STRIKEFORCE has much better fight at then moment,this is why you won't see fedor in ufc!!!

they just want lil nog to fight shogun so they can hype up the next Event! the ufc is become more like boxings when it come's to scoring fights' date='it's happen twice now in the space of 1 month!.it seem like they are fixings fights so can hype up the next event.STRIKEFORCE has much better fight at then moment,this is why you won't see fedor in ufc!!![/quote']

Sure feels that way

And I don't understand the judging? The gentleman above that says different should look at fightmetric and Brilzz won effeciantly

Now I love Lil Nog and said before the fight he was the 2nd best LHW

I'd advise go watching round 1 again to clear up any confusion. I got all hyped up when Brilz won the second but I think everyone should go watch it again. Nog wins the standup without a doubt. Brilz gets a takedown but really doesn't do anything with it. Nog gets up then gets a takedown and Brilz gets back up. Nog stuffs a takedown and continues to win in the standup.

Round one Nog.

I'd advise go watching round 1 again to clear up any confusion. I got all hyped up when Brilz won the second but I think everyone should go watch it again. Nog wins the standup without a doubt. Brilz gets a takedown but really doesn't do anything with it. Nog gets up then gets a takedown and Brilz gets back up. Nog stuffs a takedown and continues to win in the standup.

Round one Nog.

Take those blinders off...

first, second, and third round all Brilz

Take those blinders off...

first' date=' second, and third round all Brilz[/quote']

I can't believe that you went and watched it again if you are still saying that. Plus if you are thinking that Brilz won round 3 then I can't take anything you say seriously.

Round one Nog.

who pushed the pace? and Lil nog was gassed earlier than i'd ever seen him before

who pushed the pace? and Lil nog was gassed earlier than i'd ever seen him before

There wasn't one who clearly did in the first. I'm only talking about the first because I figure we are all in agreement that round two was clearly Brilz and round 3 was clearly Nog.

Brilz had the takedown and was on top longer than Nog but didn't do any damage. Nog got up and proceeded to take down Brilz but Brilz gets right back up. Brilz tries the takedown again but Nog doesn't go down and gets off the cage. Nog was winning the standup all of round 1.

here goes the whining and the conspiracies...As much as I'd love to listen to the drunken crowd.I was watching it carefully,and do believe Nog won.Rumblin sums it all up pretty much.I had nog on the bottom being more effective,and I didn't pay attention to the strikes.Everyone was just surprised on how well Brilz was doing.They weren't paying attention.That's typical though.Even then.You can't please every fan it seems.Everyone is going to blame the judges when it's close.Sad.

Not to disrespect PRIDE fans, but they need to just stop complaining about a washed up rematch. Shogun vs. Rampage again would have just been embarassing for Rampage, and Shogun vs. Lil Nog again would be easier, because I honestly think that Rogiero doesn't have the skills at all to take on Shogun now.

Not trying to bag on PRIDE fighters, because they are cool and they were amazing fighters, but it seems that very few of them broke the mold and remained dominant fighters, and Shogun is the only one that has proven it.

here goes the whining and the conspiracies...As much as I'd love to listen to the drunken crowd.I was watching it carefully' date='and do believe Nog won.Rumblin sums it all up pretty much.I had nog on the bottom being more effective,and I didn't pay attention to the strikes.Everyone was just surprised on how well Brilz was doing.They weren't paying attention.That's typical though.Even then.You can't please every fan it seems.Everyone is going to blame the judges when it's close.Sad.[/quote']

Wasn't that close as you make it think

I didn't pay attention to the strikes NOW who wasn't paying attention You proved your own worth by ignoring

lil nog definetly won...........anything diffrent and i suspect you dont understand the grappling aspect of mma

If you mean getting taken off your feet and laying on your back for 2-3min every round while your opponent smiles in your face then im with you buddy.

WOW

1st Round was Close it could go to eather man

2nd Round Brilz won

3rd Round Lil Nog won

The judges had to make a call on a close fight and two of them gave round 1 to Lil Nog and one of them gave round 1 to Brilz. therefore Lil Nog won. it was a close fight but Lil Nog won.

It was crazy close' date=' I scored it a draw at first but then I gave it to Brilz. I just felt the fight was going his way for the first two rounds.[/quote']

Looking at other Mags and Rags just think it was close first round but not close enough to give it to Lil Nog he was on his back

Not to disrespect PRIDE fans' date=' but they need to just stop complaining about a washed up rematch. Shogun vs. Rampage again would have just been embarassing for Rampage, and Shogun vs. Lil Nog again would be easier, because I honestly think that Rogiero doesn't have the skills at all to take on Shogun now.

Not trying to bag on PRIDE fighters, because they are cool and they were amazing fighters, but it seems that very few of them broke the mold and remained dominant fighters, and Shogun is the only one that has proven it.[/quote']

Antonio Nogueira W 3 Jason Brilz

View CompuStrike Stats

Inside the Numbers: Brilz outlanded Nogueira 35-34 in total strikes, including 12-8 in total arm strikes. He also took Little Nog down 4 times but apparently that's not enough in the judges eyes as they gave the split-decision to Nogueira.

because the judges say different and they're always right *cough* Shogun Machida I *cough*

*Cough* BJ/Edgar *Cough*

Also fight metric is always right but only when it favours the fighter you were going for otherwise it was wrong.

Blitz won 2'nd by a lot but o enough for 10-8, Nog won third , by not as much by still clear 10-9 for Nog. So basically it comes down to how you score the first round. imo Blitz had more control and Nog did more damage. It could have being score either way depends on what you value more.

I understand why people think it wasn't fair. But come on, it wasn't by far a clear victory for Blitz.

Antonio Nogueira W 3 Jason Brilz

View CompuStrike Stats

Inside the Numbers: Brilz outlanded Nogueira 35-34 in total strikes' date=' including 12-8 in total arm strikes. He also took Little Nog down 4 times but apparently that's not enough in the judges eyes as they gave the split-decision to Nogueira.[/quote']

Those numbers are good and all, but remember the points are divided into 3 5 minute rounds. So if he dominated one round, and got a lot of those numbers in that round, then he would win that round, which he did (2nd). This isn't a complete argument to the numbers but it could be part of an explanation.

Again, I don't know how those numbers are split up but that's just something to think about.

Blitz won 2'nd by a lot but o enough for 10-8' date=' Nog won third , by not as much by still clear 10-9 for Nog. So basically it comes down to how you score the first round. imo Blitz had more control and Nog did more damage. It could have being score either way depends on what you value more.

I understand why people think it wasn't fair. But come on, it wasn't by far a clear victory for Blitz.[/quote']

That's how I saw it. All comes down to how you score the 1st. I would say it could have easily been a draw or either fighter get the nod.

Even with the loss Brilz is going to come out of the this fight the winner. He got the 65K FoTN bonus, gained some fans and respect. Also, Dana has always rewarded guys that step up on short notice and put on a great fight win or lose. I think he has made a spot for himself as a main card PPV fighter for a couple fights anyways.

Maybe they will feed him Jardine.

Who's they?

Match Makers! They need Shogun/Lil Nog 2

Otherwise we get Franklin Liddel . rua answere at the fight at 113 that he was intrested in Silva still waiting on Anderson, so that fight is gone!

Cain / JDS would be nice but that makes too muck sence and tying up GSP with TUF is Ldachrist, what if we have the injuries we had last year?

Match Makers! They need Shogun/Lil Nog 2

Otherwise we get Franklin Liddel . rua answere at the fight at 113 that he was intrested in Silva still waiting on Anderson' date=' so that fight is gone!

Cain / JDS would be nice but that makes too muck sence and tying up GSP with TUF is Ldachrist, what if we have the injuries we had last year?[/quote']

Match makers want Lil Nog/Rua on the same card as Franklin/Liddell? You on something? Didn't Rashad win a fight not too long ago in which the winner was declared the number one contender? It's gonna be at least 3 months before we see Rua again.

Archived