can the forum be fixed?

raoullduke

their seems to have been an influx of new members lately who create more threads than posts. threads that have already been sticky'd at the top of page 1. pointless threads, stating things like "i like bispings entrance music". and so on. i honestly don't think there was one decent thread started last night and if there was it was lost in a sea of crap.

as well as that there is the problem with spam advertisers starting threads every ten minutes. i have a soloution to the problem. i don't know how feesible it is. but here go's anyway. in order to post a thread you should have to maintain a 50:1 post to thread ratio. and when duplicate threads pop up of things that are sticky'd people needd to loose there thread posting privelages for a week or a month.

just a suggestion.

The mods do try to keep up with it. I know I was on last night during the ppv trying to merge new threads in to existing threads on the same topic, there was at least one other mod doing the same thing.

It's difficult to keep up with some times, but it happens every event, and we just do the best we can. Not all mods can be on during events, I'm lucky that I have no life so I can watch the event and be on the forum, some mods go out to watch at the bars are or whatever.

I guess you could technically have a system where people would have to wait for approval before posting, but personally I think that might make us miss out on some good new members. If a person logs on during and event and turns out to be a great new member, we may have lost that person if they had to wait a day to post.

I don't know, we have talked about a bunch of different options so we have to see what happens. Honestly, the guys that log on and in the excitement start a thread that already exists doesn't bother me near as much as the spammers for those shopping sites.

The mods do try to keep up with it. I know I was on last night during the ppv trying to merge new threads in to existing threads on the same topic' date=' there was at least one other mod doing the same thing.

It's difficult to keep up with some times, but it happens every event, and we just do the best we can. Not all mods can be on during events, I'm lucky that I have no life so I can watch the event and be on the forum, some mods go out to watch at the bars are or whatever.

I guess you could technically have a system where people would have to wait for approval before posting, but personally I think that might make us miss out on some good new members. If a person logs on during and event and turns out to be a great new member, we may have lost that person if they had to wait a day to post.

I don't know, we have talked about a bunch of different options so we have to see what happens. Honestly, the guys that log on and in the excitement start a thread that already exists doesn't bother me near as much as the spammers for those shopping sites.[/quote']

i'm not saying they shouldn't be alowed to post, just not a threads. think about it, if the ratio system was in place there would probably be a few interesting threads going for a good new member to get his teath into. but the way it was last night they might have came in started a potentialy interesting thread and watched as it was washed onto the second third and fourth page. by things like

Lost all respect for Rashad Evans

So many Rashad haters

Does Rashad really think he can hold his head up?

"Rampage" May you R.I.P.

Rampage gased in the third

SO, you really want to see Rashad getting KTFO???

for all of you that doubted evans....

No injuries... told you they were friends!

Quitin Jerskson, quite predicatable

I TOLD you Rashad was faster

After Rashad Rapes Shogun, Who Will He Fight Next?

Rampage Overratted??

I will never buy another ppv with rashad, silva or gsp

Screw you Rashad

Rashads new technique

LOL at the f--king pathetic Rampage crybabies :)

do you guys think rashad

lol @ Rampage "There are no losers"....... REALLY

and thats just a small portion of the threads on rampage evans alone. i might be wrong but i think any potential good new members would have thought this forum was a joke if they saw all that last night.

Yeah, you make a good point. As I said, we do TRY to merge the threads as quickly as possible to clear up the first page.

I don't know if a ratio system is possible as you mentioned, but it is an idea that the higher ups may look in to.

Archived