Can we get rid of the "Lay and Pray"?

Rampage543

Yesterday proved how terrible it is.

Rashad did absolutely NO DAMAGE towards Rampage.

All Rashad did was either:

1. Drive Rampage into the cage until Herb Dean stopped it because Rashad was doing nothing.

Or

2. Take Rampage down(It happened 3 times) and have Rampage come back into the cage. Dean would break them up.

Rinse and repeat for Rashad.

Instead what needs to happen is warnings. If the referee has to break it up more than two times for nothing happening, the one that's doing it should lose a point during the round. Keep doing this instead of bull**** wins.

Rashad did no damage, didn't dominate, improve his position anywhere. He just held him against the cage until Dean broke it up.

Yesterday proved how terrible it is.

Rashad did absolutely NO DAMAGE towards Rampage.

All Rashad did was either:

1. Drive Rampage into the cage until Herb Dean stopped it because Rashad was doing nothing.

Or

2. Take Rampage down(It happened 3 times) and have Rampage come back into the cage. Dean would break them up.

Rinse and repeat for Rashad.

Instead what needs to happen is warnings. If the referee has to break it up more than two times for nothing happening' date=' the one that's doing it should lose a point during the round. Keep doing this instead of bull**** wins.

Rashad did no damage, didn't dominate, improve his position anywhere. He just held him against the cage until Dean broke it up.[/quote']

Not sure what fight you were watching, but the one I saw, Rashad dropped Evans in the first round with a good right and took him down.

The second was pretty much a stalemate, neither could do anything in the clinch.

In the third Rampage rocked him but couldn't finish with GnP. Then Rashad recovered got a take down and landed as much or more GnP strikes as Rampage did when he had Rashad rocked.

All in all pretty decent fight. Rampage couldn't find the distance or get off a strike for most of the fight. Rashad couldn't power the takedowns on Rampage good TD defense.

I'm not sure how anyone can call it a lay n pray fight when probably 80-90% of it was standing.

Not sure what fight you were watching' date=' but the one I saw, Rashad dropped Evans in the first round with a good right and took him down.

The second was pretty much a stalemate, neither could do anything in the clinch.

In the third Rampage rocked him but couldn't finish with GnP. Then Rashad recovered got a take down and landed as much or more GnP strikes as Rampage did when he had Rashad rocked.

All in all pretty decent fight. Rampage couldn't find the distance or get off a strike for most of the fight. Rashad couldn't power the takedowns on Rampage good TD defense.

I'm not sure how anyone can call it a lay n pray fight when probably 80-90% of it was standing.

Yeah we should get rid of these casual fans rather...

Not sure what fight you were watching' date=' but the one I saw, Rashad dropped Evans in the first round with a good right and took him down.

I'm not sure how anyone can call it a lay n pray fight when probably 80-90% of it was standing.[/quote']

He kept him on the cage nearly the entire fight.

Here's the fight: Rashad lands a nice right hook on Rampage. Tackles him into the cage, keeps him there for a minute until Herb Dean breaks it up because Rashad isn't doing anything.

Rashad lands a nice takedown, Rampage gets back up against the cage. Herb Dean stops it because Rashad isn't doing anything.

Same thing in round 2.

So Dean stopped the fight 5-6 times, because of Rashad not doing anything against the cage. So Rashad got his points and wasted 8-9 minutes of the fight doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Here's the fight: Rashad lands a nice right hook on Rampage. Tackles him into the cage' date=' keeps him there for a minute until Herb Dean breaks it up because Rashad isn't doing anything.

Rashad lands a nice takedown, Rampage gets back up against the cage. Herb Dean stops it because Rashad isn't doing anything.

Same thing in round 2.

So Dean stopped the fight 5-6 times, because of Rashad not doing anything against the cage. So Rashad got his points and wasted 8-9 minutes of the fight doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

And here we go again. There really should be sum mma trivia or sumtin before you can enter these forums. It's funny how you r saying that they did nothing when they were against the cage when you would be dead if you were there against the cage with Shad. Pinned against the cage is very tiring and getting Page gassed was prolly part of Rashad gameplan and it worked so stfu and go to sherdog forums with other retards.

Here's the fight: Rashad lands a nice right hook on Rampage. Tackles him into the cage' date=' keeps him there for a minute until Herb Dean breaks it up because Rashad isn't doing anything.

Same thing in round 2.

So Dean stopped the fight 5-6 times, because of Rashad not doing anything against the cage. So Rashad got his points and wasted 8-9 minutes of the fight doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.[/quote']

And what did Rampage do? Was he ever able to reverse the clinch on the cage? Do some dirty boxing or punish Rashad for failing to take him down? NO.

He was to slow and got out worked, out muscled and out fought. Hate on it all you want your boy got beat everywhere this fight went, standing, clinch and on the ground.

Horrible fight overall Evans looked scared and avoided standup Rampage looked like a newcomer in ufc not hungry at all or with a decent gameplan none of the fighters lived up to the potential they got or hype

If Dana White really is a fan of the sport improve it change the judges system and give warnings to Lay and Pray and hugwars

maybe yellow cards for not engaging in a fight. If he wants to wrestle, he should do just that. But when pulled apart from the cage, over and over, basicly hes saying he cant do that, and evans does it again without any consequences.

I personally dont agree with standing guys up, or breaking them up. But if you ARE going to do it, doesnt that mean there is something wrong with what the fighter(s) are doing, and thus after many warnings, you should penalize them.

Yellow card, takes away % of your purse like in Japan. Then finaly a red card which will take away a point in the judges cards.

Right now MMA has this rule thats not really a rule with these seperations, either enforce it, or get rid of it.

Id prefer get rid of it, and let the fighters do what they want. And maybe with that, rampage feels he actually has to work to get off the cage, rather than nullify evans long enough to get the ref to seperate them? maybe?

They should implement the Pride judging system to judge fight as a whole. So fighters would have the necesity to finish the fight all the time. Just takedowns and holding against the cage wouldnt do it. Effort of finishing the fight should be scored the highest.

Rashad is using a bad judging system to his advantage. Its smart on his part but they should really modify the rules.

Beacuse at the end of the day we all started watching MMA to see who is the best fighter. The fighter that does more damage should be the winner and I know that Rampage and Thiago lost against Rashad but did they really lose.

One thing I would also like to see in this kind of fights are more rounds. Rampage was far from beaten at the end and yet he lost. Its stupid to me let them fight some more to see who really is the best.

They should implement the Pride judging system to judge fight as a whole. So fighters would have the necesity to finish the fight all the time. Just takedowns and holding against the cage wouldnt do it. Effort of finishing the fight should be scored the highest.

Rashad is using a bad judging system to his advantage. Its smart on his part but they should really modify the rules.

Beacuse at the end of the day we all started watching MMA to see who is the best fighter. The fighter that does more damage should be the winner and I know that Rampage and Thiago lost against Rashad but did they really lose.

One thing I would also like to see in this kind of fights are more rounds. Rampage was far from beaten at the end and yet he lost. Its stupid to me let them fight some more to see who really is the best.

The intention of MMA is to discover the best raw warriors who can use nothing but their own abilities to hypothetically KILL the opponent.

The rules in place dont emulate that, they are right now a glorified sparing/rolling contest. And I know ill get a lot of slack for saying that, but everyone on this forum has some beef with one rule or another.

Its not perfect, and a brash arrogant boring fighter in rashad exploits it, and its frustrating fans. I dont see why over defensive wrestling fans cant understand that. Telling people to go watch boxing. guess what, boxing has turned into the same thing. over trained, over coached, too many restrictions fighting.

And i think people want see mma headed in the wrong direction with guys like Evans holding their way to a UD exploiting the rules, and not really showing off the raw abilities he has as a fighter.

too me, GSP is the definition of MMA, evans is the polar opposite. He is whats wrong with the sport, one is gracefull, respectful, understanding, willing to expand his skillset, always working in a fight. And rashads character is 100% reversed, as well as his fighting style.

>

too many people are over defensive with evans.

there are boring boxers, there are boring wrestlers. People are attacking evans as a wreslter, not wrestling.

I think most people feel Evans won a fair fight, but theyre tired of seeing him push the action into a hault. He forces his will onto his opponents, and he wills the fight to slow down. Its fair, but its boring.

Its like Klitschko with his 1-2, 1-2, 1-2. Its boring boxing. Its effective, and its smart, but its boring. why cant evans defenders just understand that evans is just a boring fighter, not just think people are saying wrestling is boring.

Evans is to mma what

Klitschko is to boxing

Duncan is to Basketball

Neutral zone trap is to hockey

too many people are over defensive with evans.

there are boring boxers' date=' there are boring wrestlers. People are attacking evans as a wreslter, not wrestling.

I think most people feel Evans won a fair fight, but theyre tired of seeing him push the action into a hault. He forces his will onto his opponents, and he wills the fight to slow down. Its fair, but its boring.

Its like Klitschko with his 1-2, 1-2, 1-2. Its boring boxing. Its effective, and its smart, but its boring. why cant evans defenders just understand that evans is just a boring fighter, not just think people are saying wrestling is boring.

Evans is to mma what

Klitschko is to boxing

Duncan is to Basketball

Neutral zone trap is to hockey

Maybe because they don't find him boring I honestly like his fights.

The dumb thing about all this is that the retard fighters like Sobral who do the exact opposite that Rashad does (play your strength/gameplan) and just go in there to brawl end up out of the UFC and fighting in crap organizations. So, for all his "exciting" style, he's not even in the organization to display it to fans.

Archived