A hypothetical look at Bisping's future.

Irish_Carbomb

Ok for arguments sake lets say that Anderson Silva ran through Sonnen and Belfort and has vacated the MW belt to move up to LHW, therefor leaving the MW division wide open.

Chances are the first shot at the vacated title would come down to Marquardt and possibly Sonnen in a rematch depending on how bad Sonnen looks against Silva. Or possibly the winner of Wand and Akiyama. For arguments sake lets say it's Marquardt-Sonnen for the vacated title.

Bisping stated after last night's victory that he wanted a rematch with Wand, and Wand has stated the same. So lets say Wand beats Akiyama, then in the rematch between Wand and Bisping we see Bisping pull off the win in some sort of fashion therefor setting himself up for a shot at the winner of Marquardt-Sonnen for the title.

My point of this whole thread is to see what you guys think of Bisping possibly becoming a MW champion by the end of 2011 with just a few wins falling in the right place and the current MW kingpin moving up to LHW.....After all the flack that Bisping has taken over the years for being ****y or getting laid out by Hendo it's not "highly" unlikely that we could be calling him the new MW champion by the end of next year.

I really don't think Bisping can do it, and im from England. He would have to beat some really good guys to get the belt, and i really dont see him beating Belfort, Sonnen, Marquart. How can you be the champion if you can't beat any of those three?

I really don't think Bisping can do it' date=' and im from England. He would have to beat some really good guys to get the belt, and i really dont see him beating Belfort, Sonnen, Marquart. How can you be the champion if you can't beat any of those three?[/quote']

He doesnt have to beat all of them he only has to beat one if the cards fall right....And remember this is MMA so its possible for him to beat any of those guys if it's his night....Im not from England or a huge fan of Bisping but I would have to smile if i saw a guy that has taken as much **** as he has end up owning the division at some point.

He doesnt have to beat all of them he only has to beat one if the cards fall right....And remember this is MMA so its possible for him to beat any of those guys if it's his night....Im not from England or a huge fan of Bisping but I would have to smile if i saw a guy that has taken as much **** as he has end up owning the division at some point.

I would like to see an English fighter with the belt but say Silva does move up if the Middleweight championship fight looked like this.

Bisping vs Maia, Bisping vs Okami, Bisping vs Belcher

He may be able to get the belt but he really wouldn't stand a chance against Belfort//Sonnen and would be very unlikely for him to beat Marquardt, but like you said this is MMA and anything can happen.

I would like to see an English fighter with the belt but say Silva does move up if the Middleweight championship fight looked like this.

Bisping vs Maia' date=' Bisping vs Okami, Bisping vs Belcher

He may be able to get the belt but he really wouldn't stand a chance against Belfort//Sonnen and would be very unlikely for him to beat Marquardt, but like you said this is MMA and anything can happen.[/quote']

I really cant see Okami getting up there into title contention anytime soon.....And Maia needs to improve his striking desperately if he is going to be a contender again...If and when Silva leaves I see it being a revolving door for Marquardt, Bisping, Belfort, Wand and Sonnen....Possibly Akiyama also if he has improved his cardio any since the Belcher fight.

I really cant see Okami getting up there into title contention anytime soon.....And Maia needs to improve his striking desperately if he is going to be a contender again...If and when Silva leaves I see it being a revolving door for Marquardt' date=' Bisping, Belfort, Wand and Sonnen....Possibly Akiyama also if he has improved his cardio any since the Belcher fight.[/quote']

If Bisping could work on his wrestling and maybe get some KO power he would be in a much better spot. I love your avatar by the way makes me laugh every time I see it.

If Bisping could work on his wrestling and maybe get some KO power he would be in a much better spot. I love your avatar by the way makes me laugh every time I see it.

Simon Pegg is the ****!...Shaun of the Dead is easily one of the funniest movies ive ever seen in my life lol

Meh.... Bisping can possibly do it. But it seems to be stacked against him. The champ looks to be Silva or Sonnen... both of which are not good fights for Bisping.

Bispings strength is his stand up but he doesn't put enough power into his shots. Silva's strength is his standup..and he Ko's people a lot. Bispings weak at TDD, imo. He has good hip escapes and his jits is decent but Sonnen is very good at take downs and control. Again.. bad for bisping.

Who knows though... I would not be terribly surprised of Bisping eeked out a decision on points if he played it perfectly. It's in the realm of possibility but not super likely.

Meh.... Bisping can possibly do it. But it seems to be stacked against him. The champ looks to be Silva or Sonnen... both of which are not good fights for Bisping.

Bispings strength is his stand up but he doesn't put enough power into his shots. Silva's strength is his standup..and he Ko's people a lot. Bispings weak at TDD' date=' imo. He has good hip escapes and his jits is decent but Sonnen is very good at take downs and control. Again.. bad for bisping.

Who knows though... I would not be terribly surprised of Bisping eeked out a decision on points if he played it perfectly. It's in the realm of possibility but not super likely.[/quote']

I personally dont believe he has a snowballs chance in hell against Anderson thats why in my hypothetical I moved Anderson up to LHW.....However if he executes a decent gameplan against the others I could see him shocking everyone and possibly holding the belt at MW someday

Bisping has never been far away from a title shot.... if it wasnt for 2 very close but IMO wrong decisions against him (Rashad & Wandy) he would have either already had his shot or at least be next in line behind Sonnen.

I would love to see him fight Anderson, although I feel Silvas class would show through in the end Bisping with his heart and sheer mindedness would make it one hell of a fight.

I personally dont believe he has a snowballs chance in hell against Anderson thats why in my hypothetical I moved Anderson up to LHW.....However if he executes a decent gameplan against the others I could see him shocking everyone and possibly holding the belt at MW someday

The thing is. I can't see any way that he can defeat Marquardt. I mean, he's not a dominant enough wrestler to keep Marquardt on the ground for 5 rounds, and if he stands with him then he's just gonna get knocked out.

As for Sonnen, I'd imagine that we'd just see Bisping on his back for 5 rounds.

The thing is. I can't see any way that he can defeat Marquardt. I mean' date=' he's not a dominant enough wrestler to keep Marquardt on the ground for 5 rounds, and if he stands with him then he's just gonna get knocked out.

As for Sonnen, I'd imagine that we'd just see Bisping on his back for 5 rounds.[/quote']

People are talking about how Bisping doesnt have any power in his Shots, but are forgetting that he was knocking out everyone when he first got in.....If you've noticed he has been facing guys with good wrestling ability lately and he has changed up his stance to try and avoid the takedown which in turn is taking away from his power IMO......I just don't think its as unlikley that others do that he could possibly hold the belt at MW if the cards fall right.

People are talking about how Bisping doesnt have any power in his Shots' date=' but are forgetting that he was knocking out everyone when he first got in.....If you've noticed he has been facing guys with good wrestling ability lately and he has changed up his stance to try and avoid the takedown which in turn is taking away from his power IMO......I just don't think its as unlikley that others do that he could possibly hold the belt at MW if the cards fall right.[/quote']

Well yeah you're right. Bisping definitely doesn't have the power of Hendo or Marquardt in his hands, but yesterday when he connected, he was seriously snapping Miller's head back. Those weren't pillow punches.

I also agree that the style of his opponents has worked against him. Recently, his style has been to circle his opponent or back away from them in order to avoid the takedown, while landing jabs and counter shots. It works well, but he's not gonna be scoring many knockouts while moving backwards or away from his own power punches.

Well yeah you're right. Bisping definitely doesn't have the power of Hendo or Marquardt in his hands' date=' but yesterday when he connected, he was seriously snapping Miller's head back. Those weren't pillow punches.

I also agree that the style of his opponents has worked against him. Recently, his style has been to circle his opponent or back away from them in order to avoid the takedown, while landing jabs and counter shots. It works well, but he's not gonna be scoring many knockouts while moving backwards or away from his own power punches.[/quote']

Right! But if he gets back in the pocket and swings like he use to....Who knows.

Your sig is pretty disturbing by the way....Sig bets will get you every time!

I really don't think Bisping can do it' date=' and im from England. He would have to beat some really good guys to get the belt, and i really dont see him beating Belfort, Sonnen, Marquart. How can you be the champion if you can't beat any of those three?[/quote']

exactly this, except im from Scotland :) Bisping is a good fighter, not a great one

Well put lol I like it. I think its very possible. He beat Wandy in my eyes, and was beating Hendo before the KO. Doesn't mean **** now tho. He lost nonetheless, but you can't count him out, and I think you make a good point. He could hold the belt when A. Silva leaves and it would be pretty funny.

I really think that people aren't giveing Bisping enough credit on the ground. Most of his old fights ended up there, and did you see him from his back from a JJ wizard in Dennis Kang. He is very active and great cardio so he won't gas. He would be a good fight for Anderson Silva. He's a big middle weight, was doing very well at LHW and made the drop and fights some tough guys. I think that people are giving Sonnen way to much credit. He has 7 sub losses, and Bisping is always working for them from his back. Bisping I think would beat Sonnen, Nate would be a good fight, but I would give it to Nate. I think that if Bisping were to face Silva he has great standup so he wouldn't be a Mia, but his ground game is good enough that he would be fine if it went there. Bisping is really strong in the clinch so is Silva but I would give it to Bisping there, and the Cardio has got to go to Bisping, I think he could beat Anderson in a Decision... He's got the tools, it may happen, you never know. We'll see how Anderson does against Sonnen

I really think that people aren't giveing Bisping enough credit on the ground. Most of his old fights ended up there' date=' and did you see him from his back from a JJ wizard in Dennis Kang. He is very active and great cardio so he won't gas. He would be a good fight for Anderson Silva. He's a big middle weight, was doing very well at LHW and made the drop and fights some tough guys. I think that people are giving Sonnen way to much credit. He has 7 sub losses, and Bisping is always working for them from his back. Bisping I think would beat Sonnen, Nate would be a good fight, but I would give it to Nate. I think that if Bisping were to face Silva he has great standup so he wouldn't be a Mia, but his ground game is good enough that he would be fine if it went there. Bisping is really strong in the clinch so is Silva but I would give it to Bisping there, and the Cardio has got to go to Bisping, I think he could beat Anderson in a Decision... He's got the tools, it may happen, you never know. We'll see how Anderson does against Sonnen[/quote']

IMO Anderson's hand speed and reflexes would destroy Bisping.

Well put lol I like it. I think its very possible. He beat Wandy in my eyes' date=' and was beating Hendo before the KO. Doesn't mean **** now tho. He lost nonetheless, but you can't count him out, and I think you make a good point. He could hold the belt when A. Silva leaves and it would be pretty funny.[/quote']

I really believe he could at some point....Its unlikley, but far from impossible.

Bisping might have a slim chance if he moves to a better training camp and AS gets out of the division.

Dont talk $#it!! Wolfslair is one of the top gyms outside of the US, training with guys like Rampage, Kongo, Broughton and co is more than enough for any fighter!

Dont talk $#it!! Wolfslair is one of the top gyms outside of the US' date=' training with guys like Rampage, Kongo, Broughton and co is more than enough for any fighter![/quote']

Thanks for listing Rampage - 0-1 with Wolfslair and a couple of mediocre fighters. If Bisping is serious about getting a title he needs to surround himself with better training partners. There's a reason Wolfslair hasn't won a single title, or even a title-shot.

Thanks for listing Rampage - 0-1 with Wolfslair and a couple of mediocre fighters. If Bisping is serious about getting a title he needs to surround himself with better training partners. There's a reason Wolfslair hasn't won a single title' date=' or even a title-shot.[/quote']

Dont really like to get personal on these things but hell Im gonna say it..... your a complete idiot!!

Because Rampage loses one fight against another top fighter, not to mention that he hasnt fought for over a year has been pre-occupied with acting and hasnt had a good win since Dan Henderson way back in 2007 it makes this a bad gym??

And Wolfslair hasnt won a single title?? Their fighters have had and still do hold many belts outside the UFC, incase you havent noticed MMA is a lot newer in the UK so it's gonna take a bit of time sure but there will be a UFC champ from either Wolfslair or Rough House or even both over the next few years.

AKA has no UFC champions, does that mean that they too are a rubbish gym? Didnt think so!

Dont really like to get personal on these things but hell Im gonna say it..... your a complete idiot!!

Because Rampage loses one fight against another top fighter' date=' not to mention that he hasnt fought for over a year has been pre-occupied with acting and hasnt had a good win since Dan Henderson way back in 2007 it makes this a bad gym??

And Wolfslair hasnt won a single title?? Their fighters have had and still do hold many belts outside the UFC, incase you havent noticed MMA is a lot newer in the UK so it's gonna take a bit of time sure but there will be a UFC champ from either Wolfslair or Rough House or even both over the next few years.

AKA has no UFC champions, does that mean that they too are a rubbish gym? Didnt think so![/quote']

Nobody cares about belts outside the UFC.

Bisping for me is a middleweight version of Thiago Silva he is excellent against tier 2 fighters but as soon as he gets put up against tier 1 guys he gets destroyed and i dont see him changing he's one of those fighters who never hit the super stardom moment just like Silva he knocks out all the LHW tier 2 fighters then fights Machida and gets KO'ed there skill limits are limited unfortunately i guess or they just cant handle the best.

Bisping for me is a middleweight version of Thiago Silva he is excellent against tier 2 fighters but as soon as he gets put up against tier 1 guys he gets destroyed and i dont see him changing he's one of those fighters who never hit the super stardom moment just like Silva he knocks out all the LHW tier 2 fighters then fights Machida and gets KO'ed there skill limits are limited unfortunately i guess or they just cant handle the best.

thiago's a far more dangerous fight for anyone than bisping is. the only fight he's really been dominated was the machida fight (who's one of the top 3 LHWs in the world), yah, he lost to rashad, but he more than made a fight of it.

thiago's a far more dangerous fight for anyone than bisping is. the only fight he's really been dominated was the machida fight (who's one of the top 3 LHWs in the world)' date=' yah,[b'] he lost to rashad, but he more than made a fight of it[/b].

Your joking right?

Bisping beat Rashad in everones eyes other than the haters and the judges back in 2007, Silva put up a good fight against Evans sure but clearly lost the 1st 2 rounds of that one so how do you figure Silva made a better fight of it than Bisping?

thiago's a far more dangerous fight for anyone than bisping is. the only fight he's really been dominated was the machida fight (who's one of the top 3 LHWs in the world)' date=' yah, he lost to rashad, but he more than made a fight of it.[/quote'] You see my point though the lime light shall skip Bisping as it will and is Silva.

Because Rampage loses one fight against another top fighter' date=' not to mention that he hasnt fought for over a year has been pre-occupied with acting and hasnt had a good win since Dan Henderson way back in 2007 it makes this a bad gym??

AKA has no UFC champions, does that mean that they too are a rubbish gym? Didnt think so![/quote']

Unlike Wolfslair, AKA actually has fighters in UFC title fights - not just gatekeepers.

I'm just shooting straight with you, if Bisping really wants a chance he should switch camps. Anyone calling Wolfslair a great camp is either a UK fanboy or delusional. When you brag about having Kongo on your team, that basically says it all.

Your joking right?

Bisping beat Rashad in everones eyes other than the haters and the judges back in 2007' date=' Silva put up a good fight against Evans sure but clearly lost the 1st 2 rounds of that one so how do you figure Silva made a better fight of it than Bisping?[/quote']

evans had improved by leeps and bounds since the bisping fight, i thought that was rather obvious.

Unlike Wolfslair' date=' AKA actually has fighters in UFC title fights - not just gatekeepers.

I'm just shooting straight with you, if Bisping really wants a chance he should switch camps. Anyone calling Wolfslair a great camp is either a UK fanboy or delusional. When you brag about having Kongo on your team, that basically says it all.[/quote']

Im not saying that every fighter at the Wolfslair is a title contender or even that Wolfslair is better than the top US gyms, but to say nobody will ever win a title there is just pure narrow mindedness.

You trying to tell me that because Kongo isnt a title contender then he doesnt make a great training partner? The guy is a beast!

Bisping has done all of his training there for a long time and I really dont see many weaknesses in him either technically or physically... what else can a gym do for you other than get you prepared in those two areas?

I dont disagree with that but your original point was that Silva put up a better fight vs Rashad than Bisping did... which is wrong!

if that's how it came off, then i apologize, because that's not what i ment. I ment that in general, fighting Thiago silva is more dangerous than fighting Bisping.

Bisping has never been able to beat a single top contender. He usually fights cans that are on their way out of the UFC.

The only times he's a faced real competition (Evans, Silva, Henderson) his just plain sucks.

There is no way he can get a title shot unless Dana engineers one for him.

I really think Bisping has peaked. He fought a C level fighter (C plus) and he showed everything he had.

I'm not calling Bisping terrible, or untalented.

Fighters like

Alan Belcher,

Chael,

Vitor,

Wandy,

Akayama,

would have mean sex with Bisping (can't type wape on this forum).

Let alone Anderson.

He's a middle weight Chris Lyttle. No shame in that.

Im not saying that every fighter at the Wolfslair is a title contender or even that Wolfslair is better than the top US gyms' date='[b'] but to say nobody will ever win a title there is just pure narrow mindedness.[/b]

You trying to tell me that because Kongo isnt a title contender then he doesnt make a great training partner? The guy is a beast!

Bisping has done all of his training there for a long time and I really dont see many weaknesses in him either technically or physically... what else can a gym do for you other than get you prepared in those two areas?

No, it is a pretty good prediction. None of the fighter's at Wolfslair are champion caliber or have even been the number 1 contender while at Wolfslair. Bisping is a semi-rounded athlete, but not remarkable in any aspect. There's definitely room for improvement in his game and there are a lot of guys ahead of him at WW (Sonnen, Belfort, Maia, Palhares, Nate).

Bisping has never been able to beat a single top contender. He usually fights cans that are on their way out of the UFC.

The only times he's a faced real competition (Evans' date=' [b']Silva[/b], Henderson) his just plain sucks.

There is no way he can get a title shot unless Dana engineers one for him.

Ermmm did I miss something here because Im pretty sure he has never fought Silva?

And in the other 2 mentioned fights he gave Rashad an excellent fight and probably should have got the decision, as for the Hendo fight he did pretty well up until that KO (still the 1st and only of his career) and lets face it that punch would have floored any of the UFC middleweights so no shame there really!

Archived