How the hell did Lil Nog

DMac614

I'm one who usually defends the judges. Hell, I even think Machida won his first fight with Shogun... but this fight here has me confused. I had Brilz winning two rounds. I'll have to go watch it again and try to see what the judges saw.

The only round Brilz CLEARLY won was 2.

Nog won 1 with more effective and accurate striking, stuffing 2 of 3 TD attempts, and nullifying Brilz ground offense, sweeps, reverses, and getting the fight back to standing and outstriking Brilz for the last 30 seconds of the round. Scoring one TD and doing nothing effectively does not win the round!

2 and 3 were pretty obvious so the final tally of 29-28 was just.

It wasn't a spectacular performance for lil Nog but he did win the decision, give credit to Brilz for overachieving beyond what was expected.

Nog won 1 with more effective and accurate striking' date=' stuffing 2 of 3 TD attempts, and nullifying Brilz ground offense, sweeps, reverses, and getting the fight back to standing and outstriking Brilz for the last 30 seconds of the round. Scoring one TD and doing nothing effectively does not win the round!

It wasn't a spectacular performance for lil Nog but he did win the decision, give credit to Brilz for overachieving beyond what was expected.[/quote']

Yep.

R2 Brilz R3 Nogueira. Round 1= Nogueira outstriked Brillz slightly and won in aggressiveness. Brilz outrgrappled Nogueira slightly and won in octagon control.

Pick your winner. That fight could of really went either way... commentary is biased you need to pay less attention to it and more on the fight.

Nog won 1 with more effective and accurate striking' date=' stuffing 2 of 3 TD attempts, and nullifying Brilz ground offense, sweeps, reverses, and getting the fight back to standing and outstriking Brilz for the last 30 seconds of the round. Scoring one TD and doing nothing effectively does not win the round!

It wasn't a spectacular performance for lil Nog but he did win the decision, give credit to Brilz for overachieving beyond what was expected.[/quote']

ya.. see this is why I want to watch it again. I always figure there has to be a reason it was scored one way or the other and if I missed it... I want to know why or how. I'm not *****ing about it.. but curious and need to go watch it again to learn more.

R2 Brilz R3 Nogueira. Round 1= Nogueira outstriked Brillz slightly and won in aggressiveness. Brilz outrgrappled Nogueira slightly and won in octagon control.

Pick your winner. That fight could of really went either way... commentary is biased you need to pay less attention to it and more on the fight.

i agree wit this guy

Fightmetrics has Brilz winning in their fightmetrics points, but in the 10 point must system they have it a draw lol.

I still think Brilz won the first round he landed more punches in the round, but Nog had 1 more strike landed because of 3 leg kicks that did no damage.

Round 1 you could give to eather man it was pretty close.

Round 2 Jason Brilz won

Round 3 Lil Nog won

That is why one of judges gave it to Jason Brilz and two of the judges gave it to Lil Nog it was a close fight and eather man could of won but in the end its up to the judges.

Was a good fight and once it went to the judges I figured Lil Nog had it. One thing you guys have to take into consideration was the amount of times Lil Nog halted Brilz's advancements. He had some very smooth transitions and sweeps in this fight, even off of his back. He nullified every submission attempt, even ones that looked to be in pretty deep, and he constantly stuffed takedowns. I think Lil Nog did enough to warrant a decision victory, he was able to keep the fight going in his favor even from the bottom position and he was definitely the one pressing the action.

Fightmetrics has Brilz winning in their fightmetrics points' date=' but in the 10 point must system they have it a draw lol.

I still think Brilz won the first round he landed more punches in the round, but Nog had 1 more strike landed because of 3 leg kicks that did no damage.[/quote']

Click the striking distance button, GNP slaps "did no damage".

Either way Lil Nog is overrated! last week peps on here was saying he was the future of mma and crap now he has lost so much credibility to me! His next fight should be on the prelims on spike!!!

he was a monster in pride and then won his first UFC fight with a devistating knockout.. he's not over rated, he just had a bad night. but either way I did think Brilz won and that the decision went to the bigger name.

he was a monster in pride and then won his first UFC fight with a devistating knockout.. he's not over rated' date=' he just had a bad night. but either way I did think Brilz won and that the decision went to the bigger name.[/quote']

true he WAS a monster but cane getting Ko'd again last night kinda made lil nog look even worse!

I'm one who usually defends the judges. Hell' date=' I even think Machida won his first fight with Shogun... but this fight here has me confused. I had Brilz winning two rounds. I'll have to go watch it again and try to see what the judges saw.[/quote']

Then you are blind!Shogun dominated Machida alot more than Brilz did to lil Nog,and yes they both got robbed.Lil Nog looked a lil surprised at calling of his name at the end,it showed.

Cant be put any clearer.. Well said!

I'm one who usually defends the judges. Hell' date=' I even think Machida won his first fight with Shogun... but this fight here has me confused. I had Brilz winning two rounds. I'll have to go watch it again and try to see what the judges saw.[/quote']

I've watvhed it 3 times and no way lilnog won that!!! I say this again that I wish weneva we have dodgy decisions they would go the way of the " less marketable" fighters!!11

Lil Nog was lucky Forrest pulled out' date='cause Forrest would have whooped him.[/quote']

+1 Lil Nog's excuse for the way he preformed was "I had to change my game plan the last 4 weeks from a striker to a wrestler" but he is forgetting....Jason Brillz also only had 4 weeks to prepare for little Nog, I hate judges man.

Pretty much sums it up. Round 1 was a toss up. I actually thought Nog won it when I was watching the fight.

+1 Lil Nog's excuse for the way he preformed was "I had to change my game plan the last 4 weeks from a striker to a wrestler" but he is forgetting....Jason Brillz also only had 4 weeks to prepare for little Nog' date=' I hate judges man.[/quote']

Yes,I agree.The judges make it hard to swallow,but they are not the reason I watch.I watch to see somebody to come in and finish it off before the judges fack it all up.Maybe the fighters will keep this in mind and not leave it up to,what I consider an imperfect flaw to an elite sport.

I've watvhed it 3 times and no way lilnog won that!!! I say this again that I wish weneva we have dodgy decisions they would go the way of the " less marketable" fighters!!11

You think Edgar is more marketable than BJ Penn ? Now THAT fight was a robbery.

Nog won 1 and 3.

Archived