speech impediments and the UFC

MachoMan

has anyone else noticed that an alarming number of UFC fighters are afflicted with horrible speech impediments?

it doesnt take too much listening to the likes of rua and machida and hammill to deduce that for some reason, mma, or the practicing of the sport, must cause horrible speech impediments. dont get me wrong, i feel terrible for people with impediments, when i was a kid, my brother had one, and i was the only person who could understand him, so i had to help him communicate with other people, and he wasnt even in the ufc.

now these poor souls are grown men and they still have to have their brothers let people know what it is that they mean to communicate with their psycho babble.

some are worse than others, and it seems like alot of the guys who have been in the game the longest have it the worst.

do you guys think it is the punches to the head that affect their speech patterns? or is it the fact that they spend their time in the solitude of the gym, endlessly training for matches when what they really need to be doing is seeing a speech therapist.

even rampage is somewhat difficult to understand, and he seems to use inappropriate pronouns at inappropriate times, i think he is still understandable though b/c he rarely takes shots to the head.

i have never in my life seen impediments of sweeping proportions effect a sport like this

wow.

just wow.

has anyone else noticed that an alarming number of UFC fighters are afflicted with horrible speech impediments?

it doesnt take too much listening to the likes of rua and machida and hammill to deduce that for some reason' date=' mma, or the practicing of the sport, must cause horrible speech impediments. dont get me wrong, i feel terrible for people with impediments, when i was a kid, my brother had one, and i was the only person who could understand him, so i had to help him communicate with other people, and he wasnt even in the ufc.

now these poor souls are grown men and they still have to have their brothers let people know what it is that they mean to communicate with their psycho babble.

some are worse than others, and it seems like alot of the guys who have been in the game the longest have it the worst.

do you guys think it is the punches to the head that affect their speech patterns? or is it the fact that they spend their time in the solitude of the gym, endlessly training for matches when what they really need to be doing is seeing a speech therapist.

even rampage is somewhat difficult to understand, and he seems to use inappropriate pronouns at inappropriate times, i think he is still understandable though b/c he rarely takes shots to the head.

i have never in my life seen impediments of sweeping proportions effect a sport like this

wow.

just wow.[/quote']

Maybe thats why they started fighting because the kids in school made fun of them.

Maybe thats why they started fighting because the kids in school made fun of them.

thats a good possibility, i never thought of that.

i was also thinking that maybe dana hand picks impedimented fighters becuase they dont deserve as much money for the work they do.

Which other fighters other than Hammill has a speech impedimant?

seriously dude?

fedor

rua

silva

jackson

evans

moussasi

the list goes on and on...

king mo

w silva

machida

gsp

jesus man, havent you ever seen an interview with any of these dudes?

seriously dude?

fedor

rua

silva

jackson

evans

moussasi

king mo

w silva

machida

gsp

jesus man' date=' havent you ever seen an interview with any of these dudes?[/quote']

lol most of them english is there second lang

seriously dude?

fedor

rua

silva

jackson

evans

moussasi

king mo

w silva

machida

gsp

jesus man' date=' havent you ever seen an interview with any of these dudes?[/quote']

Most of these guys aren't from this country. What you think is a speech "impediment" is just them speaking another language, and half of theses guys have interpreters.

being deaf and being foreign = speech impediments? sigh. i know its a troll' date=' but just sigh.[/quote']

what in the h are you talking about dude?

a speech impediment is when you cant speak right. it doesnt have anything to do with how cool you are or your nationality...

wierdo.

Those fighters you listed speek fine and even if someone does have a speech disorder that is no reason to pin point them...

All you seem to do is pick at little things in MMA and UFC maybe WWE forums will better suite you?

whos talking about wwe?

maybe you should take your **** to another forum, retard.

it doesnt take too much listening to the likes of rua and machida and hammill to deduce that for some reason' date=' mma, or the practicing of the sport, must cause horrible speech impediments. dont get me wrong, i feel terrible for people with impediments, when i was a kid, my brother had one, and i was the only person who could understand him, so i had to help him communicate with other people, and he wasnt even in the ufc.

wow.

just wow.[/quote']

Did you ever think of that there first language isn't english?

Little harsh mate and i am far from a "retard" lolzzzz

Macho Man is a WWE Legend i believe and you do nit pick about MMA alot from what ive read of you it's kind of irritating lol.

im not picking at their impediments, im just wondering why so many of them have impediments, sorry if you read any negativity into my post.

but i still dont understand why you keep bringing up wwe...

machoman was a key player for the WORLD WILDLIFE FOUNDATION, but now is retired, check your facts homie.

So because the brazilians can't speak perfect english and Matt Hamill having a disorder making him deaf but learning to speak english again means that the sport is full of speech impediments? You sir are an epic fail lol

the force is weak with this one...

no one would like to dumb themself down enough to even engage in this conversation if you can't even see that if someone is deaf or has a thick accent doesn't mean they have a speech impediment. Your attempt to stir the pot is pretty piss-poor' date=' sir[/quote']

i dont know dude, a lot of these fools seemed to buy it. and now you are feeding me too

so, um, i guess, there you go.

Most were trying to tell you that you either get off by starting crap on the internet or telling you that you're mistaken. I guess the winners in the end are the people that don't post troll threads then sit there reloading the same thread for hours begging for attention from guys on the internet.

I'm sorry, man. Go outside and smell the roses.

All contact sports that involve hits to the head will do this. Take a look at all boxers. They ALL have speach issues. It has nothing to do with it at school or being a kid & getting teased. Its about blows to the head. Have a listen to Kenny on MMA Live on ESPN, he does it too. Only a little bit now & then but he will get worse in a few years.

Pat Milatich (sorry for the spelling) along side Kenny also has it. It's just continous blows to the head in training & fighting.

All contact sports that involve hits to the head will do this. Take a look at all boxers. They ALL have speach issues. It has nothing to do with it at school or being a kid & getting teased. Its about blows to the head. Have a listen to Kenny on MMA Live on ESPN' date=' he does it to. Only a little bit now but he will get worse in a few years.

Pat Milatich (sorry for the spelling) along side Kenny also has it. It's just continous blows to the head in training & fighting.[/quote']

that really makes a lot of sense too, what do you think ians?

oh wait, your va.g probobly hurts too bad right now for you to think straight.

Archived