Jon Jones Vs Vladimir Matyushenko

UFCDynasty

I know Jon Jones is a damn good fighter but I've never seen Vladimir Matyushenko fight before and I was wondering if any of you have good insight of how this fight will go. Will Vladimir Matyushenko be able to keep Bones from taking him down and laying it into him or sub? What kind of tools does Vlad bring that could beat bones?

I feel Bones needs 1 more win for them to finally give him someone like The Dragon, Forest Griffin, Rampage or maybe Lil Nog. What you guys think?

I know Jon Jones is a damn good fighter but I've never seen Vladimir Matyushenko fight before and I was wondering if any of you have good insight of how this fight will go. Will Vladimir Matyushenko be able to keep Bones from taking him down and laying it into him or sub? What kind of tools does Vlad bring that could beat bones?

I feel Bones needs 1 more win for them to finally give him someone like The Dragon' date=' Forest Griffin, Rampage or maybe Lil Nog. What you guys think?[/quote']

I may be wrong but I think the UFC has done a great job at hyping this kid(Jones) up but once he gets in there with any of the guys you mentioned, except maybe forrest he will get beaten and beaten bad. I see Jon Jones as the next Brandon Vera.

I may be wrong but I think the UFC has done a great job at hyping this kid(Jones) up but once he gets in there with any of the guys you mentioned' date=' except maybe forrest he will get beaten and beaten bad. I see Jon Jones as the next Brandon Vera.[/quote']

I actually agree with you here.

I may be wrong but I think the UFC has done a great job at hyping this kid(Jones) up but once he gets in there with any of the guys you mentioned' date=' except maybe forrest he will get beaten and beaten bad. I see Jon Jones as the next Brandon Vera.[/quote']

this^ +1

I am a fan of Vera and Jones. Brandon has great muy thai and underused bjj. He has a lot of heart and a great sense of humor which made him appealing to the fans. I think he has a few great fighs left in him.

However..

Johnny Jones is a completely different story. While Brandon has a decent skill-set "Bones" has a better one and it is still improving. His wrestling is underrated. His striking is creative and his reach is ridiculous. His elbows are deadly (Both illegal and legal versions) and his poise in the octagon is like that of a veteran fighter..not a kid in his early 20s. He will destroy just about everyone at 205. I would like to see him fight a Machida to see how he handles a really crafty fighter and Bader to see how he handles a strong LnPer. Unlike Duffy you should believe the hype with this kid.

I am a fan of Vera and Jones. Brandon has great muy thai and underused bjj. He has a lot of heart and a great sense of humor which made him appealing to the fans. I think he has a few great fighs left in him.

However..

Johnny Jones is a completely different story. While Brandon has a decent skill-set "Bones" has a better one and it is still improving. His wrestling is underrated. His striking is creative and his reach is ridiculous. His elbows are deadly (Both illegal and legal versions) and his poise in the octagon is like that of a veteran fighter..not a kid in his early 20s. He will destroy just about everyone at 205. I would like to see him fight a Machida to see how he handles a really crafty fighter and Bader to see how he handles a strong LnPer. Unlike Duffy you should believe the hype with this kid.

ill beleive it when it meets reality

No one knows anything about Vlad?

I totally disagree with you on bones. I think hes a legit fighter will be fighting for the title by next year. I really hope your wrong and I'm right because I really like how bones just beats the crap outta people like he did to hammel. To bad he got DQ'd.

Jon Jones is the future of 205, he prepares like no other except Couture he can throw anybody, him in your guard is deadly...the only guy i see beating him at 205 is Shogun and if they fight in a couple of years i'm not even sure if he can hang with Jones

He hasn't even faced a vicious striker yet or a dominate wrestler. he's been facing stepping stones to hype him up ridiculously. That said he's still a legit top10 LHW he will never be a top3.

i thought Matt Hamill was supposed to be a dominant wrestler? and Vera a serious muy thai striking machine? haters gonna hate

it goes like this:

1 Shogun

2 Machida

3 Evans

4 Rampage

5 Couture

6 Lil Nog

7 Griffin

8 T. Silva

9 Jones

10 Bader

UFC 119 Shogun vs. Evans

UFC 119 Machida vs. Rampage

UFC ??? Jones vs. T. Silva

UFC ??? Lil Nog vs. Griffin

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Couture

UFC ??? Jones vs. Lil Nog

UFC ??? Griffin vs. Evans II

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Machida III

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Griffin II

not probable but looks fun

Jones still has a long way to go, he isn't as great as people hype him up to be. He beat Bonnar, [who hasn't) Hamill and Vera. During the Vera fight he was asking so bad to get armbarred, but Vera being the guy that he is, always freezes up when the lights are bright and got an elbow to the eye.

it goes like this:

1 Shogun

2 Machida

3 Evans

4 Rampage

5 Couture

6 Lil Nog

7 Griffin

8 T. Silva

9 Jones

10 Bader

UFC 119 Shogun vs. Evans

UFC 119 Machida vs. Rampage

UFC ??? Jones vs. T. Silva

UFC ??? Lil Nog vs. Griffin

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Couture

UFC ??? Jones vs. Lil Nog

UFC ??? Griffin vs. Evans II

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Machida III

UFC ??? Shogun vs. Griffin II

not probable but looks fun

I agree with you list except you have Couture to high this is my top ten LHW

Shogun

Machida

Rashad

Rampage

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Randy Couture

I agree with you list except you have Couture to high this is my top ten LHW

Shogun

Machida

Rashad

Rampage

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Randy Couture

wow his only losses ever at 205 are Liddell twice, even Dana said if he beats Toney he could get winner of Shogun Evans, just being realistic bra lol he would outwork most of 5-10 in the division imo

Jones is a great fighter and I think will one day to go on to be a UFC champ.

Id like to see him take on a higher standard of opponent now like Griffan and Nog maybe even LIddel.

I like Joes alot I just dont thikn he'd be able to Hnag in there with the likes of Machida, Shogun, Rmpage and Evans.

A few years maybe but not now.

Vlad is very tough...and he actually has a better wrestling pedigree than what Jones has. How that will translate in this fight...who knows for sure. Someone memtioned that he only beats cans...but that is not tru, he has beaten some pretty solid fighters: Yuki Kondo, Vernon White, Lil Nog, and Pedro Rizzo to name a few. I like Jon Jones a lot but think this may be a closer fight than what some may think.

Archived