Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo

Rashad Glass Jaw??? I beg to differ

I see many people on here talking about Rashad having a glass jaw

In all honesty his chin aint that bad

So what he got knocked out by a Mcflurry of punches from Lyoto not a lot of people would be able to take that

Got very badly rocked by Thiago Silva who we all know is one of the best power punchers in LHW today but yet was not KOd when alot of people would have been out for the count

And then Rocked by one of rampages best but still was not finished even with a couple of clean punches on the ground and recovered quite well

all i am saying is anybody would be rocked by shots like that i dont care who you are or how good they are taking punches from Rampage or Thiago Silva will more than likely put you in LALA land

so what i am saying is if he can take punches from those two im more than sure he can take a few of Shoguns best

all this from me and i aint even a fan haha

I think the speed advantage against those two really made a big difference in the stand up. He is going to have to do that to Shogun for 25minutes and not get caught by a much faster//aggressive//technical fighter.

rampage didnt use his hips or legs to throw the punch that rocked evans.. he didnt even get the end of the punch.. it wasnt a hard hit at all and he went down.. and rampage did not land not 1 clean hit while on the ground.. they were missing

His jaw seems stronger than he gets credit for Thiago and Rampage are just very heavy and accurate hitters and Machida just had his number that night.

This

Shogun is way faster and more technical then Thiago Silva and Rampage. Plus Shogun is a hard hitter so i dont see Rashad walking out of that fight with a W. Oh yea and not to mention his BJJ will come in handy if Rashad takes him down.

The thing that gets me is....

Coming into the UFC he was a pure wrestler with alot of athleticism, He started working on his kickboxing and striking in general and went on to knockout Salmon and Liddell... Gaining confidence in his hands along the way and earning him the new strength of "counter striking".

Enter The Dragon

Rashad goes in trying to outstrike the real counter striker and ends up doing the fish-out-of-water stanky leg as we all know.

Coming into his rebound fights we see a new, timid, strictly wrestling Rashad shooting for takedowns, hoping to grind out a victory GSP styles.... Now the Rampage fight, In which he used he is striking primarily to setup the clinch or shot when available.

So basically Rashad has gone out of his way to show us all that he knows he has a glass jaw by refusing to stand with anyone that has even the slightest chance of dropping him and since his knockout loss he has been dropped in both fights afterwards, Fatigure being his only saviour.

Looks like hes got a glass jaw to me, Hes knows it, You know it and I know it.

So what he got knocked out by a Mcflurry of punches from Lyoto not a lot of people would be able to take that

Got very badly rocked by Thiago Silva who we all know is one of the best power punchers in LHW today but yet was not KOd when alot of people would have been out for the count

And then Rocked by one of rampages best but still was not finished even with a couple of clean punches on the ground and recovered quite well

all i am saying is anybody would be rocked by shots like that i dont care who you are or how good they are taking punches from Rampage or Thiago Silva will more than likely put you in LALA land

so what i am saying is if he can take punches from those two im more than sure he can take a few of Shoguns best

Your whole post is inaccurate its obvious that your not a fan. First of all Rashad did not get hit with Rampage's best he actually knocked himself down by running into Rampage with little help from Rampage. Rampage couldnt even get a clean hit on Rashad when Rashad was numbed out on the ground. Terrible accuracy but a lot of power. As for Lyoto Machida if you watch his other fights hes not known for his punching power. Rashad proved in his last two fights the brittleness of his chin and unless he can take punches from shogun to prove otherwise I will keep that belief. If you need to see what a strong chin looks like to compare watch the mike russow fight.

On a side note, maybe Rashads weak chin is actually his strength have you thought about how that has effected his gameplan and his reliance on using speed?

If u ask me Rampage hasn't been able to close out fights as of late..

Forrest

Jardine

Rashad

Hendo (I think)

Rampage managed to rock all of them but couldn't finish the fight..

He said in the post-interview that he knew he could be knocked out by Rampage that's why he didn't take punches, and no amount of boo's will change that. I can't blame him. You fight your fight, not the other guys.

Until Rashad got knocked out his fight was trading punches and going for the takedown when the stand up wasnt going his way, Now with Greg Jackson whispering in his ear we'll be lucky to see another Evans knockout ever again although there will be no shortage of snoozefests like the one we saw yesterday.

MMA is turning into Mixed Martial Wrestling and i dont know about you guys, But i aint happy about it.

Atleast Boxing is still pure, Mayweather/Pacquiao will not disappoint.... The same cannot be said for some so called "Main Events" in MMA.

Until Rashad got knocked out his fight was trading punches and going for the takedown when the stand up wasnt going his way' date=' Now with Greg Jackson whispering in his ear we'll be lucky to see another Evans knockout ever again although there will be no shortage of snoozefests like the one we saw yesterday.

MMA is turning into Mixed Martial Wrestling and i dont know about you guys, But i aint happy about it.

Atleast Boxing is still pure, Mayweather/Pacquiao will not disappoint.... The same cannot be said for some so called "Main Events" in MMA.[/quote']

It's not wresatler's fault that they're learning the better fighting style. Boxing may be "pure", but it's also inferior.

After the fight Joe Rogan asked rashad if he was hurt. Rashad said he went numb. Speaking from experience when your body goes numb your technically out. You might not be out cold. If he didnt hold on to rampages shorts the fight would have been stopped. Not hating on rashad but things could have easily ended right there. Watch the fight again he was out of it.

So far Silva and Rampage made the same mistake in allowing rashad to pull guard after they drop him. Hopefully Shogun will just stand over him and unload when he floors him, if he stands up oh well, but dont let him pull guard to save his ****.

And imho yes he seems very easily caught as in his past 3 fights hes been KOed or on the verge of being KOed.

So far Silva and Rampage made the same mistake in allowing rashad to pull guard after they drop him. Hopefully Shogun will just stand over him and unload when he floors him' date=' if he stands up oh well, but dont let him pull guard to save his ****.

And imho yes he seems very easily caught as in his past 3 fights hes been KOed or on the verge of being KOed.[/quote']

shogun has a better killer instinct than rampage and thiago, if he drops u ur usually done for. but this fight will almost deffinately go to the ground, shogun by leg lock.

... Rampage dropped him with a pure arm punch, and then almost finished him with 5-10 grazing blows. I call shenanigans on this thread. Rashad's chin will remain to be glass until proven otherwise.

He never took one of Rampages best,if he did he would have been knocked out,don't be silly.