JDS Title chances

britishranger

I think JDS is a great fighter who has only one loss in his career and that was by submission http://www.youtube/watch?v=M6tKR65AJMM Now he has far better BJJ I really do not see that happening again and he is now working intensively with Mark Munoz on his wrestling too so here is the only worry I have. Against the current top two ranked fighters in the HW division hw will be nearly 30 pounds lighter. That is a fair amount of weight (Basically the same as LW to MW) Will this weight mean as much as I think it will or do you think he will still have the power and strength to handle Brock and Shane

Roy Nelson definently has alot of talent and im sure he will be in the top 10, but i just dont see him ever holding the belt, not with the likes of Brock, Carwin, Valesquez and Dos Santos in the division. I am excited to hear that Nelson is fighting Dos Santos, hopefully we will get to see another famous Dos Santos KO, either way its a great fight along with all the other awesome fights on the 117 card.

Roy Nelson definently has alot of talent and im sure he will be in the top 10' date=' but i just dont see him ever holding the belt, not with the likes of Brock, Carwin, Valesquez and Dos Santos in the division. I am excited to hear that Nelson is fighting Dos Santos, hopefully we will get to see another famous Dos Santos KO, either way its a great fight along with all the other awesome fights on the 117 card.[/quote']

Roy pulls a russow on jds lol now that would be some ****

Yeah but you think dana is gonna give roy a title shot idts

Its down to Roy to get a title shot not Dana, I dont think he can do enough to get one to be honest, I think JDS will beat him but say he did beat him - he would deserve a title shot and if the UFC made him fight someone else and he won that he would definately get a title shot.

I think JDS is a great fighter who has only one loss in his career and that was by submission http://www.youtube/watch?v=M6tKR65AJMM Now he has far better BJJ I really do not see that happening again and he is now working intensively with Mark Munoz on his wrestling too so here is the only worry I have. Against the current top two ranked fighters in the HW division hw will be nearly 30 pounds lighter. That is a fair amount of weight (Basically the same as LW to MW) Will this weight mean as much as I think it will or do you think he will still have the power and strength to handle Brock and Shane

Well JDS is at roughly the same weight Mir was at UFC 100 and we all know what happened then. JDS is a better pure striker than Mir so his chances of hurting or stopping a bigger guy are better but I think he may have problems against the more experienced elite wrestlers: Lesnar, Carwin and Valasquez. Spending time with Munoz will help but I'm not sure he could learn enough and become naturally comfortable with wrestling in the time he's been with Blackhouse for this not to be a serious factor in a title fight any time soon.

JDS is a great striker, and so entertaing to watch. i hope he can KO nelson. then fight Mir, and KO him as well.

Mirs striking is not that spectacular. he dropped Kongo. woooooo.

JDS might be the best striker in the HW division right now. with some more solid wrestling training and bjj work, he could easily be a force in the future, id say he needs 2 more well rounded opponents to prove himself. imo nelson and mir are those 2.

he is prety beastly. but he's a bit on the small side for a heavyweight these days. against brock and carwin i don't rate his chances. i think he ways 240 he should either look to add some muscle mass or make the cut to LHW. i'm not sure which would be the beter move for him.

.. solid striker but I need to see more' date=' (carwin <> velasquez <> cigano)[/quote'] Cigano would KO Velasquez with ease, If gonzaga couldn't take him down (who is bigger and stronger then cain) then cain can't plus cain gets rocked easily, as for carwin idk

i like JDS alot but i think he needs to drop to LHW because of the people like brock and carwin if they take him to the ground you now how hard it will be to get a guy off you like them its almost a 30 pound diffrence i think he eithers needs to gain weight or drop to LHW or he might never hold a belt.

Non existence. As long as brock' date=' shane and frank are their hes not gonna c the belt.[/quote']

frank has 5 tko losses/ one to a lhw ?

And? math doesnt work

... poor stand-up defense dosen't work either

Ha lol Mirs stand up is better

Priceless

AngerManagement.jpg

Well JDS is at roughly the same weight Mir was at UFC 100 and we all know what happened then. JDS is a better pure striker than Mir so his chances of hurting or stopping a bigger guy are better but I think he may have problems against the more experienced elite wrestlers: Lesnar' date=' Carwin and Valasquez. Spending time with Munoz will help but I'm not sure he could learn enough and become naturally comfortable with wrestling in the time he's been with Blackhouse for this not to be a serious factor in a title fight any time soon.[/quote']

I think that JDS would KO Cain easily, JDS is a good prospect he just needs help from Nog and Munoz

I think the Nelson fight will give us some insight into how JDS can handle larger opponents. True, Nelson isn't the behemoth that Lesnar and Carwin are but he's still ~265 and an excellent grappler. JDS got up pretty quick after being taken down by Gonzaga, so he seems to have to decent scrambling ability. If Big Country controls most of the action on the floor then JDS may be in trouble with the super-HWs.

Archived