Shogun fans seem really insecure about Rashad

SCOver2

I would too if I were them, that's why they're making all of these threads, I mean Shogun's TDD is terrible and Rashad's wrestling is sick.

These are the same guys that said Rampage would destroy Rashad on the feet yet Rashad landed twice as many strikes in the fight. People underestimate Rashad's striking as well, it's not as good as Shogun's, but it's certainly good enough to keep in the fight while he dominates with his wrestling.

Rashad has never been subbed so good luck with that Shogun.

Terrible matchup for Shogun.

He's going to lose in his first title defense and be 3-3 in the UFC when all is said and done.

I would too if I were them' date=' that's why they're making all of these threads,[b'] I mean Shogun's TDD is terrible[/b] and Rashad's wrestling is sick.

These are the same guys that said Rampage would destroy Rashad on the feet yet Rashad landed twice as many strikes in the fight. People underestimate Rashad's striking as well, it's not as good as Shogun's, but it's certainly good enough to keep in the fight while he dominates with his wrestling.

Rashad has never been subbed so good luck with that Shogun.

Terrible matchup for Shogun.

He's going to lose in his first title defense and be 3-3 in the UFC when all is said and done.

Yea with this remark I can see you have no idea of what Shogun is capable of. Please go online and do some more research before you say anything about Shogun and watch some of his pride fights.

wrestling is only half of the ground game. he has to do stuff once it's there, too. You didn't see Sonnen, a much better wrestler than rashad, even try to take down Filho, did you? And filho has nothing on rua, on the mat. It's just ignorance to not realize that Rua is the superior grappler.

Evans' date=' Lesnar, Silva, Overeem...

I like all the guys that spoil **** dreams[/quote']

Wait wait wait .. did you just say Silva? As in, Anderson Silva? Aren't his fans the king of the ****s? If you meant a different Silva, then by all means tell me and I'll retract this, but if you meant Anderson, foolish.

wrestling is only half of the ground game. he has to do stuff once it's there' date=' too. You didn't see Sonnen, a much better wrestler than rashad, even try to take down Filho, did you? And filho has nothing on rua, on the mat. It's just ignorance to not realize that Rua is the superior grappler.[/quote']

I will leap for joy when you guys stop it with the well "this fighter did this" "that fighter did that" and actually think that proves any sort of point.

Also Sonnen has been subbed his fair share of times of course hes not going to take down Filho because that dude had already sub'd him before(although it can be debated that Sonnen tapped). Sonnen also learned this vs Maia.

I dont like this hole hugging for 15 minutes one bit but I must say it works.

I will leap for joy when you guys stop it with the well "this fighter did this" "that fighter did that" and actually think that proves any sort of point.

Also Sonnen has been subbed his fair share of times of course hes not going to take down Filho because that dude had already sub'd him before(although it can be debated that Sonnen tapped). Sonnen also learned this vs Maia.

I dont like this hole hugging for 15 minutes one bit but I must say it works.

dude, it works because the guys getting hugged aren't world class. Rua has never been like that. he is much better at advancing position than anybody Rashad has faced. Nobody has ever done what you think Rashad can do to Rua. You're delusional if you think Rashad, who isn't great on top, at doing anything, will be able to do something against a guy much better at advancing than other guys rashad has fought. I don't think you fully understand the dynamics of the ground game. You can't just blanket a great bjj guy. It's really not possible.

wrestling is only half of the ground game. he has to do stuff once it's there' date=' too. You didn't see Sonnen, a much better wrestler than rashad, even try to take down Filho, did you? And filho has nothing on rua, on the mat. It's just ignorance to not realize that Rua is the superior grappler.[/quote']

He may be the better grappler ......

but as Rashad being the better wrestler, Shogun may be grappling from his back all fight.

Unless he pulls a submission the bottom guy always loses ......

When the forrest and shogun fight got taken to the ground, forrest made shogun tap from a rear naked choke, i think rashads ground game is better than griffins so to be honest i think if rashad gets shogun to the ground, shogun will have a hard time doing any damage to rashad what so ever.

He may be the better grappler ......

but as Rashad being the better wrestler' date=' Shogun may be grappling from his back all fight.

Unless he pulls a submission the bottom guy always loses ......[/quote']

uh, no. Rua is has the best sweep game in the division. he swept little nog, easily, and tied arona in a knot. What makes you think he'll be on the bottom for more than a few seconds with a grappler like Rashad that has never proven to be stellar on top? He will sweep Evans and completely destroy him from the top. I don't know how people can't see that. Maybe you should go back and watch Thiago get up form under rashad at will and take no damage from him, again a guy not as good as Rua, or watch Rua dominate any number of better grapplers than Rashad by not spending more than a few seconds on his back before getting the top even when he is the one taken down. Really guys, this is not a guy that has ever been in trouble with anyone on the mat when he's not gassing out, and those days are done.

When the forrest and shogun fight got taken to the ground' date=' forrest made shogun tap from a rear naked choke, i think rashads ground game is better than griffins so to be honest i think if rashad gets shogun to the ground, shogun will have a hard time doing any damage to rashad what so ever.[/quote']

if you truly believe that rua, who only took that fight because otherwise the UFC would not have paid for his knee reconstruction, wouldn't completely tool Griffin now, you are delusional.

When the forrest and shogun fight got taken to the ground' date=' forrest made shogun tap from a rear naked choke, i think rashads ground game is better than griffins so to be honest i think if rashad gets shogun to the ground, shogun will have a hard time doing any damage to rashad what so ever.[/quote']

You realize the only reason why Shogun took that fight and he even said it himself was because he needed the money and the UFC offered to pay for his knee surgery which he needed right? That fight happens again today with Shogun healthy and back in Shape and Forrests family will be purchasing gorilla sized diapers and flashcards so he can relearn everyones names.

You realize the only reason why Shogun took that fight and he even said it himself was because he needed the money and the UFC offered to pay for his knee surgery which he needed right? That fight happens again today with Shogun healthy and back in Shape and Forrests family will be purchasing gorilla sized diapers and flashcards so he can relearn everyones names.

hey, this is D_V from the other forum, just so you know. I was banned and didn't get the chance to apologize to you for calling you an idiot in one of my threads. I was mad at JJW and you didn't deserve that, at all. I felt bad for not being able to apologize there but I was banned before I could.

hey' date=' this is D_V from the other forum, just so you know. I was banned and didn't get the chance to apologize to you for calling you an idiot in one of my threads. I was mad at JJW and you didn't deserve that, at all. I felt bad for not being able to apologize there but I was banned before I could.[/quote']

It's cool kinda thought that was you with the D_V nation Avatar.

It'll be a good fight, but shogun will come out on top. if all u guys want to use previous fights as example like saying "shogun lost to griffin, evans is a better grappler than griffin", well evans lost to machida and shogun showed hes a better striker than machida. neither of these statements prove anything, what does prove something is shoguns sweeping ability and his sick leg locks. you need to look at the fighters for what they are, i admit shogun TDD isnt the best in the division but everyone only started saying he had bad TDD after machida took him down twice, machida who took tito down at will, and held him down, come on guys look at the facts.

I think Rashad will be a handful, but Shogun has strengths that stack up against Rashad well too. I think Shogun is going to hurt Rashad bad with kicks and finish him at will later on.

PS I don't think Machida's takedowns prove a lot. Shogun didn't have to worry about Machida's takedowns as the ground-game was not a threat to him in anyway.

Archived