I'm new and I've got a lot to say...

Sinizin

I've been reading these forums the last two years almost now and I think I finally have to speak up. I have to say that I come here to see peoples opinions on fights or fighters etc and to see any inside news. I have some complaints and I'd like some answers from the smart people who differ from my opinion.

1. Why is it that every single wrestler that fights a striker and wins, "lays and prays" on them? I'm not gonna argue that I haven't seen that happen (Shields v Hendo, half of Fitch's fights), but it's the excuse from so many people on every fight!

What do some of you people want? Take last nights fight. No one is gonna dispute that Rampage has heavier hands than Rashad. As well as no one is gonna dispute that Rashad has better wrestling than Rampage so why would Rashad fight a complete stand up war? The thing is we KNOW who's more powerful, but last night we got to find out who was more well rounded. If you are a superstar pitcher and you're facing an elite superstar slugger with the bases loaded and you know that the slugger can hit a home run off of almost any fastball up in the zone, but he struggles with off-speed pitches what would you do? Would you test fate and throw him a bunch of fastballs up in the zone and try to take him down on his biggest strength, or would you throw lots of curves and breaking pitches low in the zone? OBVIOUSLY we all would throw the low breaking balls, so why would a wrestler stand against a striker?

2. "Lay and Pray" - So what I get from half the threads the last day is that Rashad just won by lay and pray? How do some of you people waste so much time to type up something that makes no sense just so you can have an excuse for why your guy lost? He out striked him 2-1 in every position the fight went. He hammered Rampage for the last minute and a half of the fight on the mat against the cage. Is that laying on him? Unbelievable...

3. In the sport "mixed martial arts", isn't it by definition of the sport that the fighter using what ever martial art he is strongest at to win and the guy he's fighting is supposed to adapt and win by his strongest martial art? So if one fighter is more rounded in the various "mixed" part of MMA but it's not the one you like to watch, should he stop doing what he's good at and throw caution to the wind and try to fight with his weaker abilities?

If you are a fan of Mixed Martial Arts you would understand this and not complain. If you're a fan of striking, why don't you watch boxing? Guess what? They DON'T take the guys to the ground! You should check it out, I bet you'd love it...

Maybe all the guys in the UFC who aren't super powerful strikers and prefer wrestling, judo, BJJ etc first should all leave hey? So what would be left? Oh that's right it'd be boxing!

this is the most long winded post i've ever seen. i didn't even read it all. i glanced over it.

heres what you shouhld have said.

GRAPPELING IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE PART OF MMA, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEN PISS OF AND WATCH K1 OR BOXING *****ES.

like where your coming from though.

I've been reading these forums the last two years almost now and I think I finally have to speak up. I have to say that I come here to see peoples opinions on fights or fighters etc and to see any inside news. I have some complaints and I'd like some answers from the smart people who differ from my opinion.

1. Why is it that every single wrestler that fights a striker and wins' date=' "lays and prays" on them? I'm not gonna argue that I haven't seen that happen (Shields v Hendo, half of Fitch's fights), but it's the excuse from so many people on every fight!

What do some of you people want? Take last nights fight. No one is gonna dispute that Rampage has heavier hands than Rashad. As well as no one is gonna dispute that Rashad has better wrestling than Rampage so why would Rashad fight a complete stand up war? The thing is we KNOW who's more powerful, but last night we got to find out who was more well rounded. If you are a superstar pitcher and you're facing an elite superstar slugger with the bases loaded and you know that the slugger can hit a home run off of almost any fastball up in the zone, but he struggles with off-speed pitches what would you do? Would you test fate and throw him a bunch of fastballs up in the zone and try to take him down on his biggest strength, or would you throw lots of curves and breaking pitches low in the zone? OBVIOUSLY we all would throw the low breaking balls, so why would a wrestler stand against a striker?

2. "Lay and Pray" - So what I get from half the threads the last day is that Rashad just won by lay and pray? How do some of you people waste so much time to type up something that makes no sense just so you can have an excuse for why your guy lost? He out striked him 2-1 in every position the fight went. He hammered Rampage for the last minute and a half of the fight on the mat against the cage. Is that laying on him? Unbelievable...

3. In the sport "mixed martial arts", isn't it by definition of the sport that the fighter using what ever martial art he is strongest at to win and the guy he's fighting is supposed to adapt and win by his strongest martial art? So if one fighter is more rounded in the various "mixed" part of MMA but it's not the one you like to watch, should he stop doing what he's good at and throw caution to the wind and try to fight with his weaker abilities?

If you are a fan of Mixed Martial Arts you would understand this and not complain. If you're a fan of striking, why don't you watch boxing? Guess what? They DON'T take the guys to the ground! You should check it out, I bet you'd love it...

Maybe all the guys in the UFC who aren't super powerful strikers and prefer wrestling, judo, BJJ etc first should all leave hey? So what would be left? Oh that's right it'd be boxing![/quote']

Amen ! Someone who actually knows that MMA is not boxing or street fights .

1. Why is it that every single wrestler that fights a striker and wins' date=' "lays and prays" on them? I'm not gonna argue that I haven't seen that happen (Shields v Hendo, half of Fitch's fights), but it's the excuse from so many people on every fight!

Maybe all the guys in the UFC who aren't super powerful strikers and prefer wrestling, judo, BJJ etc first should all leave hey? So what would be left? Oh that's right it'd be boxing![/quote']

I'm not new and I have one thing to say ..

Regurgitating other information that you have already read and then just writing it in a long and drawn out essay is not news. Hit the search button, type in "lay and pray" and write your novel there.

I'm not new and I have one thing to say ..

Regurgitating other information that you have already read and then just writing it in a long and drawn out essay is not news. Hit the search button' date=' type in "lay and pray" and write your novel there.[/quote']

Such a classy response, but what else should one expect from a GSP fan ;)

Each one of these points I have read in these forums at least 20 times a piece, and I have only been on these forums for a few months. You seriously have not seen this info posted several times before, after 2 years?

Anyways, people want to see mixed martial arts, not a wrestling match. BJJ is awesome in the sport. Most people don't mind seeing various submission attempts. Wrestling is fine too when it is actually used to leave you at a better position to inflict damage. However, when you wrestle someone, inflict almost no damage, and work out a victory based on points, people won't be happy. Why would anyone want to pay $50 to see a wrestling bout? I mean, its fine and all if your a huge fan of wrestling and you don't mind 2 men "dominating" each other in several different positions without hurting each other I suppose.

for the record

in regards to one of your questions... why would rashad have a complete standup war... well mainly for the fact he said he was going to stand with Rampage... he said he was going to KO rampage & he said he was going to beat him at his own game (striking).. which clearly he didn't do, which clearly alot of MMA fans had a problem with & rashad fans seem to forget

he definitely deserved the win, rampage couldn't stop him on those takedowns, but he acted completely fake going about it

Each one of these points I have read in these forums at least 20 times a piece' date=' and I have only been on these forums for a few months. You seriously have not seen this info posted several times before, after 2 years?

Anyways, people want to see mixed martial arts, not a wrestling match. BJJ is awesome in the sport. Most people don't mind seeing various submission attempts. Wrestling is fine too when it is actually used to leave you at a better position to inflict damage. However, when you wrestle someone, inflict almost no damage, and work out a victory based on points, people won't be happy. Why would anyone want to pay $50 to see a wrestling bout? I mean, its fine and all if your a huge fan of wrestling and you don't mind 2 men "dominating" each other in several different positions without hurting each other I suppose.[/quote']

So its OK for all the non-MMA appreciating idiots on here to keep repeatedly moaning about fighters not having a stand-up striking match?

The guys just saying what many of us keep thinking as we read through the forum, i myself have contemplated such a post after reading post-after-post of complete crap from people that do not appreciate this sport, it f***ing irritating!

The only thing i will say on the subject of the fighters that do use the wrestling to simply hold a fighter, that is the job of the REFEREE to get the fighters back to their feet / seperate them. You cant influence/change how a fighter wants to fight his fight, but the referee can definately influence/change the momentum of a fight and prevent a repeat of the Kos/Daley fight

Archived