Post Count - Thread Creation (All Members Chime In)

zigzagzig

i'm just spitballing here (nh) & this might not be the right section but IMO there should be some type of requirement on the amount of posts you need to have before you can make a thread... this would greatly help with keeping the different sections clean after big PPV events. i know we all hate skimming through pages of nonsense to get in threads that actually have good conversation & points being made.

it would greatly reduce the number of repeat threads/spamming being made by new guys & the spammers. I'm all for new members but they should earn their due by posting in other threads until they get established.

Thoughts, Opinions?

i don't know the type of hosting they use here at this site, but alot of previous forums i've posted at had limits on when you can post threads. 50-100 posts before you can make a thread sounds right to me.

Mods/Site owners what do you think?

While it would stop the multiple threads after a PPV, it wouldn't stop the stupidity of some of the new members.

The would just spam every other thread.

Also seeing the way some of these people post, 100 posts would easily be done in a few hours with them.

Forget the post number being 100 I've seen people rack that up in 2 days. You can get post fast by always doing +1 ya know. I would suggest they have to be a forum member for 30 days before they can start a thread.

Although I do agree there needs to be something to settle the newbies down.

out of my near 800 posts, only 3 or so are threads that i've created myself, and pretty sure all 3 came within this past week.

i wouldn't mind the 1000 requirement basically because i don't actually make threads unless i deem it real nescessary, like getting this question out there (or making fan of Rashad with some Huggies)

out of my near 800 posts' date=' only 3 or so are threads that i've created myself, and pretty sure all 3 came within this past week.

i wouldn't mind the 1000 requirement basically because i don't actually make threads unless i deem it real nescessary, like getting this question out there (or making fan of Rashad with some Huggies)[/quote']

yah, of my posts, i've made 2, maybe 3 threads.

Errr.. I don't like this idea. Maybe we should do it time related? Instead of posting amount?

That's what I said. It's right here v v v v v v

Forget the post number being 100 I've seen people rack that up in 2 days. You can get post fast by always doing +1 ya know. I would suggest they have to be a forum member for 30 days before they can start a thread.

Although I do agree there needs to be something to settle the newbies down.

See.

Some of the biggest trolls are those with 1500+ posts .. just look at ArcaneKnight

true; this is just a means to get rid of merely half of those scummy mutants. the rest are far too experienced in the art of troll & internet posting to worry about right now. we worry about the infant trolls/spammers now, kill off the more 'mature'(term used loosely) trolling goblins later.

we take this battle one step at a time lol

I suggested this a while ago, about a year and a half ago now. The thing is, that limits some of the potential posters on the forum that like the idea of having their own threads. It's one of those things where you take the good with the bad. Maybe 100 posts so it doesn't take forever and it would deter the odd spammer.

a post count isn't enough. i think everyone should have to maintain a post to thread ratio of 50:1. meaning you could only post one thread for every fifty posts you made.

this would kill off the spam advertisers, thread happy fanboys and general cretins that have over run the forum lately.

Archived