Thoughts on Diego's future...

the_Lords_Warrior

What are your thoughts on Diego's future after getting beaten so badly like he did.. I'm a Nightmare fan just for the record but I'm kinda at a loss as to what to think about his future right now

Move back up the middleweight? Who knows ..

Move back up the middleweight? Who knows ..

I'm going to say instead of a move to middleweight that he should change training camps he has gotten all he can out of his current camp and they have nothing more to really offer him. No matter what weight he fights at he is going to hit road blocks because he has gotten as good as he can with his current set up.

I'm going to say instead of a move to middleweight that he should change training camps he has gotten all he can out of his current camp and they have nothing more to really offer him. No matter what weight he fights at he is going to hit road blocks because he has gotten as good as he can with his current set up.

I didn't even think about that.. Hopefully a move back home to Albuquerque is what he's thinking about! I think that would be his best move but I'm very partial to Greg Jackson

i don't think a MW move would help...wasn't he kinda small for MW? he doesn't even look big enough at WW...

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out that all of his options at lightweight and welterweight have gone down the drain with his back to back losses.

I am going to say something here. Diego IMO has never really impressed me, other than winning the TUF contest. He has stiff hands, which isn't good for punching. Decent takedowns and decent JJ. Overall, it is his mental toughness and solid chin that has gotten him this far, but unfortunately, his mental toughness has been shattered by Penn and as a result, it showed in the fight with Hathaway.

His losses explains a lot about his abilities. He cannot beat a title contender in 170, losing to both Koscheck and Fitch. His movements are stiff. All strikes are telegraphed from a mile away. The only reason he defeated Karo was because Karo lost an eye contact during the fight. Anyway, he cannot achieve championship status with his stiff physical attritbutes.

Did you guys see how he does cartwheels? I am 35 years of age and I can do much better cartwheels than he can. Diego does not have grace and balance. What he has going for him is simply toughness and the willingness to fight....nothing more.

I apologize for being so harsh, but it's the truth.

Archived