Did Rampage almost tap

kachuks

I just saw the replay (crappy download). At 1:25 left in the fight, give or take a few seconds, Rampage's arm is doing something funny. Maybe he was trying to grab Rashad's wrist, maybe he was trying to prop himself up... but I could swear he was getting ready to tap from the ground-and-pound.

What do you all see?

I was there and could not see it that well.. but people were talking about it at the hotel that night.. after watching the replay i can see it also.. I think he was close to it.. i think rampage is using ring rust as a crutch to not admiting fully that he got worked like a lil boy in there. even thou he said he is not a sore loser..;)

if he didnt tap against shogun he wouldn't tap against rashad.

I just watched it to see what you were talking about and he was clearing trying to grab rashads wrist to stop the punches only an idiot would mistake that for tapping and before you say "your just mad rampage lost" iam not a rampage fan...

if he didnt tap agaisnt shogun he wouldnt tap agaisnt rashad.

Or the knees from Wandy....You guys are SINCERELY retarded for thinking that's even possible. Rampage came out of that fight just fine. *lol* And by got worked do you mean Rashad held him against the fence and did little to no damage?? Don't agree? Why did the ref break it up EVERYTIME? Do you want to know who did the most damage in the fight for real?? Go back and watch when rashad falls down after getting cracked and boy does he look sleepy!! Good job to Rashad for staying to a gameplan....But Rampage came to fight Rashad came to Wrestle.... End of Story.

I'm not worried about him being a sore loser. I'm worried about him going bonkers again and hopping into the super duty.

Seriously, Rampage should swallow his pride, go back to Juanito Ibarra hat in hand so he can get back to his championship form.

I just watched it to see what you were talking about and he was clearing trying to grab rashads wrist to stop the punches only an idiot would mistake that for tapping and before you say "your just mad rampage lost" iam not a rampage fan...

I second this I'm not mad rampage lost....I'm mad that Lay'n'Pray still wins fights. They need to fix the points system. Pride rules without kicking opponents while there down....Rashad wouldn't win a whole lot of fights though if they did that!

No I am not an idiot. That's why I'm the one who mentioned he could have been reaching for Rashad's wrist. Thank you very much.

I just saw the replay (crappy download). At 1:25 left in the fight' date=' give or take a few seconds, Rampage's arm is doing something funny. Maybe he was trying to grab Rashad's wrist, maybe he was trying to prop himself up... but I could swear he was getting ready to tap from the ground-and-pound.

What do you all see?[/quote']

He was never in a postition that would make him tap....not sure what you were seeing...i never saw rashad attempt a submission.

I second this I'm not mad rampage lost....I'm mad that Lay'n'Pray still wins fights. They need to fix the points system. Pride rules without kicking opponents while there down....Rashad wouldn't win a whole lot of fights though if they did that!

i think this is here to stay. this is the reason why gsp and brock lesnar will remain champions for a good while.

Why is everyone so fixated on Rampage's one good punch in the entire fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rashad land an even better one at the beginning of the fight?

Apparently not because Rampage didn't fall down it just made him stumble. Rampage wasn't in any real danger but Rashad VERY MUCH WAS....Tito St. Fitch that's Rashads new name!! Get with the now! Rampage I bought you a snuggie so when you're knocked out you can stay warm etc... etc.... etc.... Rashad is SOOOO Full of shyt! The dude never came to fight he came to wrestle. SORRY if 95% of the MMA Fans were expecting something other than Rashad Laying and Praying after all that Trash talk...That's just the way it is......

i think this is here to stay. this is the reason why gsp and brock lesnar will remain champions for a good while.

Pretty sad too..... The UFC will definately lose fans if this becomes the norm in just about every fighter one day. Who Really wants a bunch of Ttio Ortiz's running around? Not me...

Apparently not because Rampage didn't fall down it just made him stumble. Rampage wasn't in any real danger but Rashad VERY MUCH WAS....Tito St. Fitch that's Rashads new name!! Get with the now! Rampage I bought you a snuggie so when you're knocked out you can stay warm etc... etc.... etc.... Rashad is SOOOO Full of shyt! The dude never came to fight he came to wrestle. SORRY if 95% of the MMA Fans were expecting something other than Rashad Laying and Praying after all that Trash talk...That's just the way it is......

I totally agree. Anybody who seriously thought Rashad was going for the knockout obviously doesn't know squat.

Why do people complain so much about lay-and-prey, though. All it means is that the so called strikers are not all that good at what they do.

Last night was a clear result of a wrestler's wrestling being better that a striker's stand-up.

I totally agree. Anybody who seriously thought Rashad was going for the knockout obviously doesn't know squat.

Why do people complain so much about lay-and-prey' date=' though. All it means is that the so called strikers are not all that good at what they do.

Last night was a clear result of a wrestler's wrestling being better that a striker's stand-up.[/quote']

I half agree.... But his wrestling being better than Rampages striking I don't agree. Rashad is just smaller and faster. If Rashad was good at G'n'P he could have ALSO ended the fight. The ONLY good thing about Rashads gameplan is that Rampage was scared to throw a punch in fear of getting taken down. Other then that Rashads gameplan was playing it safe. Basically Rashad is a LHW version of Josh Koscheck....Acts like he's good enough to stand with Daley(Rampage) but really is too scared to after all the trash talk. Good thing Rampage isn't Daley because I'm confident one day we'll get to see Rashad and Rampage fight again and this time Rampage won't have Ring rust!!

Or the knees from Wandy....You guys are SINCERELY retarded for thinking that's even possible. Rampage came out of that fight just fine. *lol* And by got worked do you mean Rashad held him against the fence and did little to no damage?? Don't agree? Why did the ref break it up EVERYTIME? Do you want to know who did the most damage in the fight for real?? Go back and watch when rashad falls down after getting cracked and boy does he look sleepy!! Good job to Rashad for staying to a gameplan....But Rampage came to fight Rashad came to Wrestle.... End of Story.

amen

The ONLY good thing about Rashads gameplan is that Rampage was scared to throw a punch in fear of getting taken down.

Agreed. Actually, I think it's ridiculous that in a fight, it's the guy who doesn't have the knockout power who has the upper hand.

What this means to me is the wrestlers are getting better at what they do and the strikers are lagging behind. Work on your TDD and while your at it work on your striking too. Just because a guy can throw a punch doesn't mean it's the answer all.

Woah! Breaking news!!! Brock Lesnar lays and prays? When? On his wife? That doesn't count

i got nothing wrong with the way gsp or brock lesnar fight. what i meant is that from here on out i doubt that you will see neither of these two fighters get into a brawl with their opponents. their wrestling abilities are too good for them not to use it to their advantage.

I saw what the OP was talking about as well ... in the moment I said something to my roommate about him thinking about tapping from an injury or something. Definitely made me watch it over this morning.

And what the **** do Brock or GSP have to do with anything?

I saw what the OP was talking about as well ... in the moment I said something to my roommate about him thinking about tapping from an injury or something. Definitely made me watch it over this morning.

And what the **** do Brock or GSP have to do with anything?

dude. read all the posts

Archived