Rampage and Dana???

NickTF

Just got done watching the post fight conference and after Jackson talked about fox potentially suing him if he lost Dana grabbed him and whispered some **** in Jackson's ear for a minute or so. Any speculation on what that was about?

Just got done watching the post fight conference and after Jackson talked about fox potentially suing him if he lost Dana grabbed him and whispered some **** in Jackson's ear for a minute or so. Any speculation on what that was about?

Maybe he told Rampage that when he put the Rashad fight together it was supposed to be a standup war. But Machida ruined all of that so Rashad was scared to trade and since Rampage got screwed out of a Title shot just so Dana and the UFC could see Rampage and Rashad fight he probably told him that if he beats his next opponent he will be next in line for a title shot since he got screwed out of it in the 1st place. Hmmm That's my best guess....He probably noted to rampage that he's been out of the fight game for over a year and since he had ring rust losing the wrestling macth *cough* I'm sorry I mean Fight that he deserved it next anyways! Thoughts?

Maybe, but I think he could say abbout what Rampage says about he's movie. He said that he's just happy that he end making this damn movie and during the work on the plan he hoped it will end soon. I think Dana said him to not speak bad about the movie which is coming soon to theaters cause FOX will be mad at him or smthn crap like that. At the very end of conference you may hear Quinton saying ".. ok ok you're right"

It just my opinion

Maybe he told Rampage that when he put the Rashad fight together it was supposed to be a standup war. But Machida ruined all of that so Rashad was scared to trade and since Rampage got screwed out of a Title shot just so Dana and the UFC could see Rampage and Rashad fight he probably told him that if he beats his next opponent he will be next in line for a title shot since he got screwed out of it in the 1st place. Hmmm That's my best guess....He probably noted to rampage that he's been out of the fight game for over a year and since he had ring rust losing the wrestling macth *cough* I'm sorry I mean Fight that he deserved it next anyways! Thoughts?

Off topic from the original post but.. I understand you being upset rampage lost but honestly you have to know rampage flat out got outclassed.. Cheick Kongo is one of my top 5 favorites and when he fought Cain I was so pissed cuz Cain just layed on him the whole time but at the same time if I had to realize that if Kongo wanted to stand up and throw hands he had to be good enough to get Cain off of him and stand up, which he wasn't, that being said, what Rashad did last night was far from a wrestling match. Round 2 may have been a snoozer but that was just as much on Rampage as Rashad. Round 1 Rashad landed a big shot and then took him down and worked GnP.. No way to say Rashad was scared and he just layed on him the whole time completely untrue.. go look at how much time was spent standing, on the cage, and on the ground.. might make you rethink all that nonsense

Off topic from the original post but.. I understand you being upset rampage lost but honestly you have to know rampage flat out got outclassed.. Cheick Kongo is one of my top 5 favorites and when he fought Cain I was so pissed cuz Cain just layed on him the whole time but at the same time if I had to realize that if Kongo wanted to stand up and throw hands he had to be good enough to get Cain off of him and stand up' date=' which he wasn't, that being said, what Rashad did last night was far from a wrestling match. Round 2 may have been a snoozer but that was just as much on Rampage as Rashad. Round 1 Rashad landed a big shot and then took him down and worked GnP.. No way to say Rashad was scared and he just layed on him the whole time completely untrue.. go look at how much time was spent standing, on the cage, and on the ground.. might make you rethink all that nonsense[/quote']I know you think you proved something to me but I'm NOT sorry to say you didn't. Majority of the fight was being pressed up against the cage(Not G'n'P) And it was sooo boring and so a struggle for rashad to even get Rampage to the ground that the ref stepped in and broke that little affair up how many times? Yes Rashad landed a nice shot at the beginning but that was pretty much it. Rampages shot OBVIOUSLY did more damage. Although I do agree and ALSO hated watching what happened to Cheick Kongo but that guy DID get Dominated.... Everytime it went to the ground Cain did some SERIOUS G'n'P..... Not to so in the Rampage Rashad fight....Rashad Wrestled his way to a decision....I don't know why people are acting like Rashad has improved?? He's back to being the OLD Rashad....you know the one that fought Tito and Micheal Bisping...I thought Rashad actually improved when he fought Shaun Salmon,Chuck Liddell and not so much with Forrest because Forrest was the better more technical Striker Forrest just got Caught....But Rashad impressed me in those fights but if you're looking for me to Respect Rashad for taking the Safe Road in a fight that he swore up and down for 15 months was going to end in knockout then you're most DEFINATELY talking to the wrong guy....SORRY

its called hype if anyone thought rashad was really gonna KO rampage they're stupid....the only 2 men to do that to rampage is shogun and the one and only wanderlei silva!! and those were TKO's not just 1 punch ko's....and kongo had his chance with cain when he rocked him but what can you do when a guy has an iron chin??

Wake up moron Rampage got taught a MMA lesson by the better all round fighter

its called hype if anyone thought rashad was really gonna KO rampage they're stupid....the only 2 men to do that to rampage is shogun and the one and only wanderlei silva!! and those were TKO's not just 1 punch ko's....and kongo had his chance with cain when he rocked him but what can you do when a guy has an iron chin??

So no one has done it to Rampage so why list 2 people that didnt. People once thought Nog had an iron chin too.

Easy on the insults chief. I'm curious what area' date=' besides wrestling, that you think rashad is better than rampage in.[/quote']

I guess u didnt watch the fight then. He beat Rampage in every area it went, Rampage is the fool with the big mouth and was humiliated in the game of MMA

I guess u didnt watch the fight then. He beat Rampage in every area it went' date=' Rampage is the fool with the big mouth and was humiliated in the game of MMA[/quote']

That was a good way of not answering my question. You said better all around fighter. Dont come on here insulting people about their opinions, and then not have the decency to actually explain yours. I'm not talking about athletic ability. What is rashad more skilled at, and explain why. SO besides wrestling where is rashad better, and why?

Rampage and Dana are not friends. They're business partners. The bottom line is something was worked out with them. It makes you speculate why the fight was really postponded? I surely dont believe any fighter in their right mind would accept a fight knowing that theres nothing to gain and your "pride" at risk. Rampage did make a new movie, and he did talk about that interfering with his fight. But why would he accept the fight knowing that theres nothing really to gain by fighting a guy that just lost his belt? Rampage deserved the title shot not a "tune up fight". But this was just a show, not a fight. If this really was the biggest grudge match fight in UFC history, do you really think at the end of the fight both fighters would walk out with no damage and no real emotions??? Imagine a fight breaking out in a real jail, If two guys really hate eachother that much, someone will be hospitalized or dead. From what Ive seen from Rampage in the past, he doesnt handle losses very well. And in this loss he was calm enough to get a post fight interview? Seriously this is retarded and upsetting. Dana bought out Pride. Dana buys "Pride". In the end every man has a price, but money cant buy everything.

That was a good way of not answering my question. You said better all around fighter. Dont come on here insulting people about their opinions' date=' and then not have the decency to actually explain yours. I'm not talking about athletic ability. What is rashad more skilled at, and explain why. SO besides wrestling where is rashad better, and why?[/quote']

MMA is the whole package u fukn idiot he is a better MMA fighter obviously. Did u watch the fight or was your head up your ****. So u probably think Rampage is a better boxer? Well that doesnt really matter when he is on his back does it.

MMA is the whole package u fukn idiot he is a better MMA fighter obviously. Did u watch the fight or was your head up your ****. So u probably think Rampage is a better boxer? Well that doesnt really matter when he is on his back does it.

Alright It's clear how you want this conversation to go. So Congrats on your soaring maturity level. Its much easier to just insult somebody than to actually post something intelligent now isnt it. Yes I think Rampage is a better on his feet, and nothing that happened during that fight would make me thing otherwise. Rashad is clearly faster, but clearly not as technical. Rashad hit rampage with a huge right that stumbled Rampage. Rampage landed a glancing punch with little power in it, and rashad " WENT NUMB " . Rampage spent most of his striking jabbing at Rampage and then backing away Trying to set up his shot. While Rampage was trying to time a counter for that take down we all knew evans wanted. So ya i Do think Rampage is better on his feet. Thats probably part of the reason evans wanted it on the ground now isnt it.

I think rashad is abetter wrestler.

Please tell me what else rashad is better than him at, becuase so far you havent. Though he is clearly the better overall fighter right?

Alright It's clear how you want this conversation to go. So Congrats on your soaring maturity level. Its much easier to just insult somebody than to actually post something intelligent now isnt it. Yes I think Rampage is a better on his feet' date=' and nothing that happened during that fight would make me thing otherwise. Rashad is clearly faster, but clearly not as technical. Rashad hit rampage with a huge right that stumbled Rampage. Rampage landed a glancing punch with little power in it, and rashad " WENT NUMB " . Rampage spent most of his striking jabbing at Rampage and then backing away Trying to set up his shot. While Rampage was trying to time a counter for that take down we all knew evans wanted. So ya i Do think Rampage is better on his feet. Thats probably part of the reason evans wanted it on the ground now isnt it.

Please tell me what else rashad is better than him at, becuase so far you havent. Though he is clearly the better overall fighter right?[/quote']

Rashad beat rampage in striking... he got more hits at him, something like double as many. Rashad almost ended it within the first 2 mins with his striking but rampage has a good chin. the punch by rampage at the end connected to a tired and warn out rashad and it still didnt even knock him out.. And if rampage is so strong then even tho hes tired, id expect his hit to have more damage than it did, rashad recovered quick as hell.

Rashad beat rampage in striking... he got more hits at him' date=' something like double as many. Rashad almost ended it within the first 2 mins with his striking but rampage has a good chin. the punch by rampage at the end connected to a tired and warn out rashad and it still didnt even knock him out.. And if rampage is so strong then even tho hes tired, id expect his hit to have more damage than it did, rashad recovered quick as hell.[/quote']

You're like the Mayweather fans looking at the final compu-box numbers. Rashad landed more punches, how many of those were power punches...1? In fact, reading your statement again, I understand you probably barely became an "MMA" fan over the course of the whole rampage vs rashad thing. Rampage after being smothered by rashad for 3 rounds, still got up after every take down, still managed to almost KO rashad in the 3rd. If you honestly think rashad doesn't have a glass chin then think again, because Thiago Silva did the same. Had Herb Dean stopped the fight when Rampage was dropping bombs, no one would have questioned it, but he didn't and that's that.

So no one has done it to Rampage so why list 2 people that didnt. People once thought Nog had an iron chin too.

Nog does have iron chin and he got KOd twice in 40 fights. Back in Pride, the amount of damage he was able to take in some of his fights would put regular people out cold in an instant and he still wasn't knocked out. He has a chin, the problem is that he had health problems in his fight with Mir ( i think mononucleosis ) and probably hasn't fully recovered from it when he fought Cain. But regardless, Nog arguably has the hardest chin in the sport (at least when he's healthy) but that loss to Mir that shocked everyone (at least i was shocked to see him knocked out like that) and later to Cain made people think otherwise.

Cheers

Alright It's clear how you want this conversation to go. So Congrats on your soaring maturity level. Its much easier to just insult somebody than to actually post something intelligent now isnt it. Yes I think Rampage is a better on his feet' date=' and nothing that happened during that fight would make me thing otherwise. Rashad is clearly faster, but clearly not as technical. Rashad hit rampage with a huge right that stumbled Rampage. Rampage landed a glancing punch with little power in it, and rashad " WENT NUMB " . Rampage spent most of his striking jabbing at Rampage and then backing away Trying to set up his shot. While Rampage was trying to time a counter for that take down we all knew evans wanted. So ya i Do think Rampage is better on his feet. Thats probably part of the reason evans wanted it on the ground now isnt it.

Please tell me what else rashad is better than him at, becuase so far you havent. Though he is clearly the better overall fighter right?[/quote']

I wouldnt say Rashed is a better wrestler but Rampage doesnt use his wrestling. He is too predictable that is why i say Rashad is the overall better fighter. Rashad has more versatility and less predictability to his game. In that fight Rashad was better at everything. You say Rampage is better on his feet but forget that movement is a big part of fighting on your feet and clearly Rashad moves a lot better on his feet

I know you think you proved something to me but I'm NOT sorry to say you didn't. Majority of the fight was being pressed up against the cage(Not G'n'P) And it was sooo boring and so a struggle for rashad to even get Rampage to the ground that the ref stepped in and broke that little affair up how many times? Yes Rashad landed a nice shot at the beginning but that was pretty much it. Rampages shot OBVIOUSLY did more damage. Although I do agree and ALSO hated watching what happened to Cheick Kongo but that guy DID get Dominated.... Everytime it went to the ground Cain did some SERIOUS G'n'P..... Not to so in the Rampage Rashad fight....Rashad Wrestled his way to a decision....I don't know why people are acting like Rashad has improved?? He's back to being the OLD Rashad....you know the one that fought Tito and Micheal Bisping...I thought Rashad actually improved when he fought Shaun Salmon' date='Chuck Liddell and not so much with Forrest because Forrest was the better more technical Striker Forrest just got Caught....But Rashad impressed me in those fights but if you're looking for me to Respect Rashad for taking the Safe Road in a fight that he swore up and down for 15 months was going to end in knockout then you're most DEFINATELY talking to the wrong guy....SORRY[/quote']

What did you want? for them to put on the kickboxing gear, stand there exchange until someone fell down? MIXED martial arts bro.. like I said before if Page wanted to throw hands he had to be good enough to get rashad off him and start throwing.. 2 more thoughts, 1 just because I don't like a fighter doesn't mean I won't give him his cred (unlike lots of ppl), Rampage's fantastic TDD is to blame for the fight being in the cage for too long lol.. I mean Rashad took Thiago Silva to the cage then to the ground over and over again but rampage is too talented to let that happen.. 2 call me crazy but if they were to just have a stand up war i still have rashad winning it by UD.. here's why, Rampage landed 1 shot the whole fight, right? but when he landed it is important.. it was when Suga went in for a TD and ended up caught between rampage's legs lol.. aside from that split second in the fight rampage was waaaaayyyyy too slow to catch Rashad and was getting more and more gassed while Rashad was barely slowing down at all.. that's pretty cut and dry don't you think?

Maybe' date=' but I think he could say abbout what Rampage says about he's movie. He said that he's just happy that he end making this damn movie and during the work on the plan he hoped it will end soon. I think Dana said him to not speak bad about the movie which is coming soon to theaters cause FOX will be mad at him or smthn crap like that. At the very end of conference you may hear Quinton saying ".. ok ok you're right"

It just my opinion[/quote']

This is what I was leaning toward.

To the other replies in my thread this was the first fight I wanted to see more strike options from the ground. I think that's partially because I was very partial to Rampage but in any event i'm starting to lean toward that position. I'm starting to lose interest in some of these "hold an opponent" matches but it is what it is. Rashad used the rules to win the fight I don't blame him for that. That being said if more lenient rules are put in place, which I doubt will happen, a fighter like Rashad won't last long.

Rashad beat rampage in striking... he got more hits at him' date=' something like double as many. Rashad almost ended it within the first 2 mins with his striking but rampage has a good chin. the punch by rampage at the end connected to a tired and warn out rashad and it still didnt even knock him out.. And if rampage is so strong then even tho hes tired, id expect his hit to have more damage than it did, rashad recovered quick as hell.[/quote']

Landing more shots doesnt exactly make you better. Rashad has a speed advantage, and most of his landed punches where jabs or weak straight punches followed by him retreating. He may have landed more statistically, but he was punching to set up a shot not actually to box. Stats have a way of making things look one way on paper when in reality it looks completely different. Also that punch that rashad landed hit rampage on the temple not the chin... so chin has nothing to do with it. The fight was in no way close to being over. Rampage didnt look rocked in any way. It made him stumble backwards, but you have to look at the angle rampage was moving in / where his feet where. It was a hard punch no doubt, but it looked far worse than it was.

The punch that made evans " go numb " came from a clearly tired rampage, and it was a glancing blow with little power in it. The punch barley touched rashad go watch the replay. Rampage is a for more experienced / technical striker. Rashad comes in from odd angles and uses his speed / power to make up for his lack of technique.

I wouldnt say Rashed is a better wrestler but Rampage doesnt use his wrestling. He is too predictable that is why i say Rashad is the overall better fighter. Rashad has more versatility and less predictability to his game. In that fight Rashad was better at everything. You say Rampage is better on his feet but forget that movement is a big part of fighting on your feet and clearly Rashad moves a lot better on his feet

See now your back tracking. So now you dont even want to say rashad has better wrestling. Not using something offensively doesnt make you bad at it. Rampage uses his wrestling and bjj skills primarily for defensive purposes. He likes to strike, that doesnt make him a less well rounded fighter. It makes him a more predictable one.

Rashad didnt win the striking match i dont understand why you say this. Rashad landed more punches, but they where mainly jabs or weak straights which after he threw he would retreat. he wasnt trying to box rampage he was trying to time his TD's. You can jab rampage all you want its never going to do any damage. Movement is a part of striking, and it is the only thing that rashad has an advantage in ( except kicks but evans doesnt kick much anyways ). The thing about Evans movement is that a lot of it is just fluff. You move around to avoid punches and get a better angle for your own, but often rashads movement leads him to angles that are not all that effective. He makes up for this with his great speed, but technically speaking his movement isnt all that great.

So you where claiming rashad is a better fighter in every aspect? Or at least thats what i took your claim for. But you wont say rashad has better wrestling ( which he does ) , you cant explain how he has better striking, and you havent said anything about BJJ. What am i missing here?

See now your back tracking. So now you dont even want to say rashad has better wrestling. Not using something offensively doesnt make you bad at it. Rampage uses his wrestling and bjj skills primarily for defensive purposes. He likes to strike' date=' that doesnt make him a less well rounded fighter. It makes him a more predictable one.

Rashad didnt win the striking match i dont understand why you say this. Rashad landed more punches, but they where mainly jabs or weak straights which after he threw he would retreat. he wasnt trying to box rampage he was trying to time his TD's. You can jab rampage all you want its never going to do any damage. Movement is a part of striking, and it is the only thing that rashad has an advantage in ( except kicks but evans doesnt kick much anyways ). The thing about Evans movement is that a lot of it is just fluff. You move around to avoid punches and get a better angle for your own, but often rashads movement leads him to angles that are not all that effective. He makes up for this with his great speed, but technically speaking his movement isnt all that great.

So you where claiming rashad is a better fighter in every aspect? Or at least thats what i took your claim for. But you wont say rashad has better wrestling ( which he does ) , you cant explain how he has better striking, and you havent said anything about BJJ. What am i missing here?[/quote']

Your missing your brain!!

STRIKING- Rashad has better movement and is alot quicker

WRESTLING- Rashad is more explosive and sets up his takedowns

BJJ- Who cares none of them use it offensivly

Rashad is a better all round fighter as he won the fight everywhere it went

See now your back tracking. So now you dont even want to say rashad has better wrestling. Not using something offensively doesnt make you bad at it. Rampage uses his wrestling and bjj skills primarily for defensive purposes. He likes to strike' date=' that doesnt make him a less well rounded fighter. It makes him a more predictable one.

So you where claiming rashad is a better fighter in every aspect? Or at least thats what i took your claim for. But you wont say rashad has better wrestling ( which he does ) , you cant explain how he has better striking, and you havent said anything about BJJ. What am i missing here?[/quote']

while im not an evans fan in the least, however uneventful it was, he did dominate rampage in all aspects of the fight man. It really did happen. Again, I'm not saying it was a great, entertaining fight. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I knew what Rashad was gonna do, everyone did, and I was just thinking rampage would do something to counter it. He didn't though. He had his chances, especially in the third round. I think it was over a minute that he just danced around rashad and watched him recover. I was screaming at the tv, lol.

But to look at the fight objectively, RAshad did pretty much dominate all aspects of that fight.

Archived