John Fitch

JjeSteR0707

John Fitch has lost one fight to GSP and it seems like it has taken forever for him to get anywhere near a title contention fight... Im pretty sure he's better then KOS..if i had to vote for anyone to challenge GSP again for the belt it would be fitch.. What is your guys' thoughts on this? KOS better then Fitch?

Fitch is easily #2 in the division (although Alves can be considered) but let''s put some factors into this equation shall we?

1. GSP

2. Consensus is that he's a VERY boring fighter. Although GSP has been like it the last few fights, no one wants a boring champion.

3. He doesn't have that much of a personality.

4. GSP

5. Not as marketable as again... GSP.

i mean thats understandable but just the fact that he's the most deserving fighter in the WW division should count for something lol....I mean if fitch beats alves in an impressive fashion then he should be the next in line...no matter what else happens in the WW division..he's just handsdown the second best.

Fitch is easily #2 in the division (although Alves can be considered) but let''s put some factors into this equation shall we?

1. GSP

2. Consensus is that he's a VERY boring fighter. Although GSP has been like it the last few fights' date=' [b']no one wants a boring champion.[/b]

3. He doesn't have that much of a personality.

4. GSP

5. Not as marketable as again... GSP.

I dont think your right everyone seems to love gsp as the champ

Im a Fitch fan but he needs to finish someone before they give him a chance at the title.

Lot of questions will be answered if and when he fights Thiago Alves.

I could see guys like Paulo Thiago getting a shot b4 Fitch even though ... fitch has a win over him

Quick correction: "You're" = "You are" :D

And read that sentence.

GSP has only been boring lately' date=' he was one of the best fighters to watch before.[/quote']

O god dont correct the guy its not even that big of a mistake even if it were you knew what he meant so whats the big deal?

Great post.

Fitch is one of the best fighters out there. Given his record, I was wondering why it's taking so long for him to get a title shot too.

1. I know Dana White doesn't like him.

2. He has not been the most exciting fighter as of late (I don't mind this, but the less educated fans seem to- there are a number of Fitch haters out there.)

3. I think largely b/c of how bad GSP beat him last time. If it was a close fight, I'm sure the rematch would have come already. But he never even hurt GSP. He was totally dominated. He did show amazing heart and resilience though. Personally, I'd love to see Fitch's record and hard work rewarded with a title shot. But I don't give him much chance against GSP.

he's just not as marketable and not all that popular. if you check his youtube posts' date=' he only gets like 30 views for pretty much anything he puts, but Swick gets like 1000's it's all about marketability for the UFC not the most deserving.[/quote']

Thats what happens when your style is the definition of lay and pray. Fitch is one of the most boring fighters around.

Alot of people consider Fitch and GSP to be boring and boring plus boring equals... BORING and Dana has told Fitch he can get a title shot if he beats KOS but he won't fight KOS so if you're not gonna fight the person that you need to fight to get a shot then your 2nd option is to finish fights in an exciting fashion so the UFC will be able to market you. But like someone said before, none of this will matter once Alves whoops that ****.

If he beats Alves he has definitely more than earned his second shot at the title imo. Not smart from Alves to take on Fitch right after losing to the champ. Fitch is found boring by a lot of people, but he gets the wins and you cant take away from him what he has earned.

For those that call Fitch boring...I won't necessarily disagree with you. But then..I would also assume that you aren't a fan of GSP either.

I was at this last event...and people started having fits when Evans would hold Rampage against the fence or take him down...and I told every person that was booing..

"You can't boo Evans AND be a fan of GSP...period."

And alot of people shut up...because I heard them talking up GSP earlier..and there is simply no argument.

If you've got a problem with Evans...Kim...Fitch etc....then you've got a problem with GSP.

Now...my personal take...I can't stand the.."just control" ground fights.

Want to see a GOOD ground fight?

Brilz v Noguiera..

THAT was exciting...because they were constantly trying to finish...Fitch, GSP etc...it's more about safety and control.

Ground fighting CAN be exciting..it's just that these "play it safe" GSP types...don't want to take the fight to the guy.

Cheers

-DR

For those that call Fitch boring...I won't necessarily disagree with you. But then..I would also assume that you aren't a fan of GSP either.

I was at this last event...and people started having fits when Evans would hold Rampage against the fence or take him down...and I told every person that was booing..

"You can't boo Evans AND be a fan of GSP...period."

And alot of people shut up...because I heard them talking up GSP earlier..and there is simply no argument.

If you've got a problem with Evans...Kim...Fitch etc....then you've got a problem with GSP.

Now...my personal take...I can't stand the.."just control" ground fights.

Want to see a GOOD ground fight?

Brilz v Noguiera..

THAT was exciting...because they were constantly trying to finish...Fitch' date=' GSP etc...it's more about safety and control.

Ground fighting CAN be exciting..it's just that these "play it safe" GSP types...don't want to take the fight to the guy.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

I LOVE THIS POST! I tell my friends all the time I love great grappling on the ground when it's not 1 sided. It's not fun to see 1 person just get controlled on the ground unless he's beaten in to stoppage or subbed 30 seconds later, but if it's like the Brilz Nog ground fight, that's ****ing awesome it's like a chess match.

I LOVE THIS POST! I tell my friends all the time I love great grappling on the ground when it's not 1 sided. It's not fun to see 1 person just get controlled on the ground unless he's beaten in to stoppage or subbed 30 seconds later' date=' but if it's like the Brilz Nog ground fight, that's ****ing awesome it's like a chess match.[/quote']

Amen sir!

A good competitive AGGRESSIVE ground fight can be ****ing EPIC.

If I recall Sanchez v Diaz was ****ing sick...haven't seen the fight in over a year...but if I recall correctly that was one where back and forth standing and on the ground it was a war...

The difference is..that those guys were trying to FINISH on the ground...not just control and land jabs etc...when there is an opening..they were trying to ****ing get it.

So yeah man...ground fighting can be the ****...it's just got to be someone who wants to FIGHT on the ground instead of just maintain a positional advantage.

Cheers sir

-DR

Archived