Dana White reveals Lyoto Machida vs. Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson could be in the works

UFCGOD1

UFC President, Dana White has revealed the promotion might look to pair light heavyweight superstars, Lyoto Machida and Quinton ?Rampage Jackson together for a mega-fight later on this year.

Speaking on Saturday night after UFC 114, Dana said:

?I?m going to get together with Machida in the next couple of days, maybe Rampage.?

imo this is an awesome fight ! rampage by KO

UFC President' date=' Dana White has revealed the promotion might look to pair light heavyweight superstars, Lyoto Machida and Quinton ?Rampage Jackson together for a mega-fight later on this year.

?I?m going to get together with Machida in the next couple of days, maybe Rampage.?

imo this is an awesome fight ! rampage by KO[/quote']

you want a sig bet, Mr. UFC"GOD"?

you want a sig bet' date=' Mr. UFC"GOD"?[/quote']

lol why the " " on god ? it's only a nickname doesn't mean that if you put UFCGOD without

" " you would be agreeing on it

and for your proposal no Mr. carlito and that for 2 reasons :

1 . the fight is not official yet

2. You are not a very active member here , so it's a lose - lose for me

I don't like this fight. Both of them are big enough to where they can get 1 win and be in title contention. Neither of them need to beat a big name to further themselves. The loser ends up on a 2 fight lose streak. However if you take someone like Jones,Griffin,or Bader it's still kinda win win. They move up big and make themselves a big name(outside of Griffin) and the guy that loses is still decent.

I don't like this fight. Both of them are big enough to where they can get 1 win and be in title contention. Neither of them need to beat a big name to further themselves. The loser ends up on a 2 fight lose streak. However if you take someone like Jones' date='Griffin,or Bader it's still kinda win win. They move up big and make themselves a big name(outside of Griffin) and the guy that loses is still decent.[/quote']

yeah it's kinda of a lose-lose for them , but a win - win for us :D

lol why the " " on god ? it's only a nickname doesn't mean that if you put UFCGOD without

" " you would be agreeing on it

and for your proposal no Mr. carlito and that for 2 reasons :

1 . the fight is not official yet

2. You are not a very active member here ' date=' so it's a lose - lose for me[/b']

sorry, i have a life, Mr. GOD.

what do you suggest then?

UFC President' date=' Dana White has revealed the promotion might look to pair light heavyweight superstars, Lyoto Machida and Quinton ?Rampage Jackson together for a mega-fight later on this year.

imo this is an awesome fight ! rampage by KO[/quote']

Link??

Lyoto will own rampage...

Or will the fan favourite rampage destroy Lyoto like he destroyed rashad?

He's gonna win by murder huh guys?

Oh man Lyoto stands no chance, hes gonna get ktfo.

RAMPAGE IS WICKED!!!!

get off his fking nuts u tools. u and i both know that lyoto will beat rampage with his fking eyes closed.

Oh man Lyoto stands no chance' date=' hes gonna get ktfo.

RAMPAGE IS WICKED!!!!

get off his fking nuts u tools. u and i both know that lyoto will beat rampage with his fking eyes closed.[/quote']

Rampage is TOO FAST and has better FOOTWORK than Lyoto. LMAO

Rampage is TOO FAST and has better FOOTWORK than Lyoto. LMAO

LOL. the so called "UFC Fans" are just followers and like the fighters everyone else likes, rampage has a good sense of humour, hes a cool guy, hes a nice guy, hes a movie star, hes good lookin (i guess lol), but that doesnt mean hes the best fighter ever like people portray him as being. I dont see him as a threat to anyone in the LHW divion really..

LOL. the so called "UFC Fans" are just followers and like the fighters everyone else likes' date=' rampage has a good sense of humour, hes a cool guy, hes a nice guy, hes a movie star, hes good lookin (i guess lol), but that doesnt mean hes the best fighter ever like people portray him as being. I dont see him as a threat to anyone in the LHW divion really..[/quote']

well actually if you stand with rampage you have a big possibility your getting KO'ed

Oh man Lyoto stands no chance' date=' hes gonna get ktfo.

RAMPAGE IS WICKED!!!!

get off his fking nuts u tools. u and i both know that lyoto will beat rampage with his fking eyes closed.[/quote']

What's your deal? No one even said anything like that in this thread about that fight. You're a D ouchebag go back to where you came from.

machida ko first round. we are gonna be seeing the new version of machida and unfortunatly rampage wiil be at the bad end of a beatdown

well i love machida but i dont know about that... he has had some good ko's but doesnt have that much of a reputation for finishing fights.

What's your deal? No one even said anything like that in this thread about that fight. You're a D ouchebag go back to where you came from.

I've seen it everywhere bro, nothing but people over estimating rampage and under estimating how good rashad actually is.

machida ko first round. we are gonna be seeing the new version of machida and unfortunatly rampage wiil be at the bad end of a beatdown

machida does NOT have the power to KO rampage ! he might get a D by no way he'll KO him ... on the other hand rampage can KO machida ...

and for the people who think that rampage is not a threat at LHW clearly does not know the affect of ring rust and the fact that rampage cut 45 pounds to make weigh !! and rampage still stopped a lot rashad's TD and rocked him in the third and could have finished him but he let him recover instead !

machida does NOT have the power to KO rampage ! he might get a D by no way he'll KO him ... on the other hand rampage can KO machida ...

and for the people who think that rampage is not a threat at LHW clearly does not know the affect of ring rust and the fact that rampage cut 45 pounds to make weigh !! and rampage still stopped a lot rashad's TD and rocked him in the third and could have finished him but he let him recover instead !

Carwin was away for over a year and absolutely annihilated Mir...The loss to Shogun would have effected Machida greatly, he will come back better than ever. And what do you mean he doesnt have the power to KO rampage? Have you seen his leg kicks? One clean hit from Lyoto's leg kicks and anyone would get put to sleep.

I am a big fan of Rampage and Machida, and they both need a win at the minute. I think Machida would probably beat Rampage.

Rampage vs Thiago Silva/ Tim boecsh winner.

Rampage vs Griffin II

Rampage vs lil Nog

Rampage vs ... Brilz?

Machida vs Griffin

Machida vs Liddell/Franklin winner

Machida vs Boetch (if he beats T.Silva)

^^^ possible matchups

I doubt Rampage will even take the fight cause he even said after the Rashad fight that he shouldve taken a warm up fight before Rashad...I think he might want to fight someone not so high in the rankings as Machida maybe Thiago Silva? I would love to see that or maybe a rematch with Forrest. I'm pretty sure Rampage wont take the Machida fight though especially since it's such a miss match but who knows...I still cant believe Rampage lost..

rampage didnt have the cardio to finish rashad off, he gassed himself out tryna finish him on the ground n missed nearly every punch goin for it, when they stood up u cud see rashad was wobblin but rampage had nothin left himself to keep the prssure on rashad.

If rampage comes back fitter and stronger i cud see him KO'ing Machida, just purely becoz machida likes to stay standing, and it wud only need 1 punch to land for rampage

I don't like this fight. Both of them are big enough to where they can get 1 win and be in title contention. Neither of them need to beat a big name to further themselves. The loser ends up on a 2 fight lose streak.

And it's a good thing.

It will show who of them clearly doesn't belong in the title contention.

The LHW division is full of top fighters. There has got to be tough selection.

As long as Rampage keeps that slow' date=' walking down, movement he'll be thrashed by the likes of Shogun and Machida.[/quote']

As they both are now, this fight is tailor-made for Machida.

Rampage has looked consistently worse after each of his last four fights (Wanderlai not withstanding.)

Rampage needs to return to his wrestling roots, and mix it up a little bit.

Machida needs to get a clue from his last fight and start to take his take-downs and ground game seriously if he is going to evolve and stay at the top of this sport.

It remains to be seen if just Shogun's strategy is enough to defeat him, or a Shogun caliber fighter with the same strategy.

In the clinch, if we could use the over-simplistic MMAth: Machida>Rashad>Rampage.

It's up to Quinton if he is going to dedicate himself to staying a relevant threat to the LHW belt, or relegate himself to relying on his past glory to be a PPV draw, and not a serious contender.

Archived