UFC Payouts Reveal A lot

Starr788

After looking at the payouts for UFC 114 I'm starting to question the credibility of UFC matchmaking. I can understand the pay disparity for Rashad vs Rampage somewhat. Well not entirely, lol...but I dismissed it because Rampage still made a decent amount, and I'm assuming a win bonus was factored in....but in the case of Bisping vs Miller, oh gosh!!!! Bisping's purse was drastically bigger than Miller's and it makes me ask why the two were even paired in the first place?? Clearly their paycheques should indicate what level of fighter they are or at least how much they are valued by the UFC...It seems Bisping was given this fight so that he could rebound from the loss to Wanderlei, just like how they gave him Dennis Kang out of nowhere after losing to Hendo...I won't even mention the pay difference in the Brilz match because that fight just pissed me off...Brilz won that fight for sure!

With that being said, I used to like Bisping, but now I'll be routing for him to lose his next match because I'm tired of the seeing the UFC safeguard him...no offense to Miller, but you can't go from fighting Wanderlei to a close decision to fighting Miller next, especially considering Miller is only worth 15 000 to the UFC, pathetic!

Pay does not mean anything.

Managers negotiate the fighters pay, also based off drawing power, ppv sales, popularity.

Does not really have anything to do with how skilled a fighter actually is.

Brock Lesnar currently makes the most in the UFC and he's nowhere near as skilled as the 2nd top drawer being GSP.

Your assumation that paycheck = fighters skill is redonculous and you need to actually think clearly.

Managers negotiate the fighters pay' date=' also based off drawing power, ppv sales, popularity.

Brock Lesnar currently makes the most in the UFC and he's nowhere near as skilled as the 2nd top drawer being GSP.

Your assumation that paycheck = fighters skill is redonculous and you need to actually think clearly.[/quote']

I never said paycheques equals fighters skills...read my post clearly before telling me to think clearly please, not causing any trouble, just not trying to hear that....I said either the pay reflects the skill or the value of the fighter...therefore it would be lame for ufc to match bisping and miller on the basis that either bisping is waaaay more skilled (based on his pay) or that he's way more valued (based on his pay)...either scenario means that he should have fought a more recognized opponent,,,fair enough?

And here is the link I looked at, I forgot to paste my bad

http://mmanews.com/news/88118

Much appreciated!

The only eye-opening figures to me are Bisping/Miller' date=' Miller should've earned more.[/quote']

Yeah, either that or Bisping should've been matched with a different opponent, although I heard Marquardt turned the offer down to spend time with his family or something

First point, Bisping has spearheaded the UFC's assault on the UK and im sure made the UFC millions in the process which is probs why he is paid so well.

Second point, millers last 2 fights were against maia and sonnen, and we all know there position in the UFC so he was a worthy opponent for bisping.

Third Point, as for being hand fed opponents, what a load of crap. Kang was regarded as one of the top middleweights in the world and bisping made him quit.

Final Point, Bisping needs to now step in with the likes of belfort, belcher, maia and marquardt before he gets his title shot.

First point' date=' Bisping has spearheaded the UFC's assault on the UK and im sure made the UFC millions in the process which is probs why he is paid so well.

Second point, millers last 2 fights were against maia and sonnen, and we all know there position in the UFC so he was a worthy opponent for bisping.

Third Point, as for being hand fed opponents, what a load of crap. Kang was regarded as one of the top middleweights in the world and bisping made him quit.

Final Point, Bisping needs to now step in with the likes of belfort, belcher, maia and marquardt before he gets his title shot.[/quote']

I never questioned why he makes that amount first of all...second of all...if you're telling me Kang wasn't a drop off from Hendo you're full of crap, not me...and show me a list that had Kang as top 10 at the time of their fight, which you won't be able to because there was NONE...finally, you're last point just summarizes my entire argument...bisping should have been fighting one of those guys and not miller, if miller lost to chael and maia clearly he wasn't ready to fight contenders and if bisping like you said spearheaded the ufc in the uk then why the heeeeell have him fight someone like miller who is trying to make a name for himself at this point in his career...

You know Chris Leben made tons of money the last time he lost? A lot of the TUF guys makes plenty of money as long as they were either good/great or became popular. Miller for Bisping wans't a safeguard by any means, Miller actually had some personal issues bothering him, maybe that's why he underpreformed, but it was no safeguard.

After looking at the payouts for UFC 114 I'm starting to question the credibility of UFC matchmaking. I can understand the pay disparity for Rashad vs Rampage somewhat. Well not entirely' date=' lol...but I dismissed it because Rampage still made a decent amount, and I'm assuming a win bonus was factored in....but in the case of Bisping vs Miller, oh gosh!!!! Bisping's purse was drastically bigger than Miller's and it makes me ask why the two were even paired in the first place?? Clearly their paycheques should indicate what level of fighter they are or at least how much they are valued by the UFC...It seems Bisping was given this fight so that he could rebound from the loss to Wanderlei, just like how they gave him Dennis Kang out of nowhere after losing to Hendo...I won't even mention the pay difference in the Brilz match because that fight just pissed me off...Brilz won that fight for sure!

With that being said, I used to like Bisping, but now I'll be routing for him to lose his next match because I'm tired of the seeing the UFC safeguard him...no offense to Miller, but you can't go from fighting Wanderlei to a close decision to fighting Miller next, especially considering Miller is only worth 15 000 to the UFC, pathetic![/quote']

So are you saying Diabate should not of fought Cane, Hathaway should not of fought Sanchez and Brilz should not of fought Nog because I think those 3 fighters would disagree with you - The UFC got them in the Octagon offering the money they got - why would they throw money at them for no reason? The UFC would not get Bisping in a fight for the kind of money they offered these fighters - he would turn it down - its that simple.

People forget Bisping and other fighters like him have been in the UFC a long time and started out on the same money as fighters at the start of their career having fights with fighters with bigger pay cheques.

Bisping was coming off a loss, every fighter steps down in competition after a loss, maybe Miller was a bit too much of a step down but Dennis Kang wasnt.

You gotta start somewhere, but the guy making $100,000+ is going to be able to afford a much better trainer than the guy making $15,000.

GSP money gets you the best of everything, including a private chef and nutritionist. The $15k guy is living on beans and rice from Costco, and running in 3 year old shoes. But like I say, you have to earn the big bucks, but money can be a huge factor in a fight.

From what I understand, when you sign a UFC contract, you get a base amount of pay that you make every fight no matter what, even if you go on a winning streak or become more popular as time goes by. Fighters have to wait to renegotiate a contract or for it to expire to get a new deal for a higher amount every time. Chris Leben made $60,000 his last fight, $30,000 for winning, $30,000 win bonus. Before that, he lost, and still made $30,000. So Dan probably signed a contract a while back agreeing how much he was worth at the time and would be worth in the upcoming future. Bisping is a popular fighter and a winner of TUF, of course he makes a lot

I never questioned why he makes that amount first of all...second of all...if you're telling me Kang wasn't a drop off from Hendo you're full of crap' date=' not me...and show me a list that had Kang as top 10 at the time of their fight, which you won't be able to because there was NONE...finally, you're last point just summarizes my entire argument...bisping should have been fighting one of those guys and not miller, if miller lost to chael and maia clearly he wasn't ready to fight contenders and if bisping like you said spearheaded the ufc in the uk then why the heeeeell have him fight someone like miller who is trying to make a name for himself at this point in his career...[/quote']

Just because YOU did not know who Denis Kang was did not mean he wasn't a top middleweight because he was.

and once again based on your original post I revert you back to my first post in this thread.

Michael Bisping: $190,000 ($15,000 win bonus)

def. Dan Miller: $15,000

(According to http://mmajunkie.com/news/19359/ufc-114-fighters-salaries-evans-435k-jackson-250k-top-1-4-million-payroll.mma

Ok, so wow. Subtract the win bonus, and Bisping gets 175k just for showing up?! With poor Miller(who desperitly needs the ****in money) gettin a MAX of 95k(If he won and got Sub/KO of night)

Seems a little bit wierd to have THAT much of a difference between fighters payment. The rest of the fights seem to have a "relative" difference in pay(the exception being lil Nog and brilz, which prefight woulda made sense).

Having that big of a pay difference kinda makes it seem like they are either putting Bisping up against chumps simply to keep a UK star "on the rise", or Miller was so in need of money that he couldn't bargain too much.

Thoughts?

What?

This kind of pay difference has occurred in HUNDREDS of UFC fights over the years. But, surprise surprise, as soon as it happens in a Bisping fight, it's completely unacceptable and Bisping needs to be shot.

Fighters get paid according to how big their name is, and how in demand they'd be if they were a free agent. If Bisping was a free agent right now, I'm sure he'd have no trouble getting a big money contract with Strikeforce, and he could well end up seeing an immediate title shot. If Miller was a free agent, he'd probably sign a one or two fight contract with an organisation like Strikeforce, but he'd probably spend a while on the undercard.

pretty sure this is like the 30000th time this has been brought up on here today, use the search button for ****s sake.

anyways, bisping won TUF did he not? Yeah, remember, 6 figure contract for tuf winners? Not that tough to figure out.

and again, use the damn search button please.

pretty sure this is like the 30000th time this has been brought up on here today' date=' use the search button for ****s sake.

anyways, bisping won TUF did he not? Yeah, remember, 6 figure contract for tuf winners? Not that tough to figure out.

and again, use the damn search button please.[/quote']

dude, don't open the damn thread if you're bothered by it. It's pretty clear in the title what it's talking about. you could go without reading similar threads, and we could go without hearing your little baby **** whine. good day sir

What?

This kind of pay difference has occurred in HUNDREDS of UFC fights over the years. But' date=' surprise surprise, as soon as it happens in a Bisping fight, it's completely unacceptable and Bisping needs to be shot.

Fighters get paid according to how big their name is, and how in demand they'd be if they were a free agent. If Bisping was a free agent right now, I'm sure he'd have no trouble getting a big money contract with Strikeforce, and he could well end up seeing an immediate title shot. If Miller was a free agent, he'd probably sign a one or two fight contract with an organisation like Strikeforce, but he'd probably spend a while on the undercard.[/quote']

This.

1 million times over!!!

dude' date=' don't open the damn thread if you're bothered by it. It's pretty clear in the title what it's talking about. you could go without reading similar threads, and we could go without hearing your little baby **** whine. good day sir[/quote']

whining? really? more like stating a fact, its really not that difficult to use the ****in search button is it?

Bisping has a loyal pack of delusional UK fans. Miller should've been paid more for co-main event imo' date=' but hey he's desperate and agreed to the pay.[/quote']

delusional...how? i believe he won...what more can you ask from him? As for the pay...well good on bisping for that, you get what you can get. If miller wasnt happy with what he got he should've turned the fight down or demanded more. If dana says 'no' then go get a regular job...or was his pay not that bad considering what he'd get at a regular job? After 114 there is no reason to start on about UK fans in any way shape or form....2 fighters...2 good wins...end of.

delusional...how? i believe he won...what more can you ask from him? As for the pay...well good on bisping for that' date=' you get what you can get. If miller wasnt happy with what he got he should've turned the fight down or demanded more. If dana says 'no' then go get a regular job...or was his pay not that bad considering what he'd get at a regular job? After 114 there is no reason to start on about UK fans in any way shape or form....2 fighters...2 good wins...end of.[/quote']

Yes, two very good wins!!! :)

Yes' date=' two very good wins!!! :)[/quote']

i was pleased with it...surprised in the sanchez fight, i'd been listening to trainers and all that saying hathaway had the tools to win but they felt he wasn't quite there yet..to actually put it all together on the night...but what a win that was. Bisping..well not a real heavy puncher but he showed a couple of strikes with power in them...plus he took a couple good whacks too so im not as worried about his chin as i was before, granted they weren't real big punches that he took...that's to his credit..but any fighter that take a real heavy punch will get staggered so i dont feel he's any worse than most the div in that area. He has shown he can handle fighters wrestling him enough too. When he did get taken down..guess what..straight back up just like against rashad...if he finds a wrestler that can pin him to the matt...well i'd bet 90% of fighters in bispings place would be pinned down too. I loved the 2 wins...well dont to bisping and hathaway...top lads

Managers negotiate the fighters pay' date=' also based off drawing power, ppv sales, popularity.

Your assumation that paycheck = fighters skill is redonculous and you need to actually think clearly.[/quote']

At UFC 100, Brock made about 3 Million for the main event, GSP made 5 Million as Co-main event.

At UFC 100' date=' Brock made about 3 Million for the main event, GSP made 5 Million as Co-main event.[/quote']

Proofs?

Unless GSP gets a bigger ppv cut than Brock however Brock is a bigger draw...mainly because everyone wants to see him get KTFO'd.

I'm not sure why you bothered making this topic, it is clear that anybody could understand the pay difference so I think you just wanted to cause a fuss, but ok. The more money you make the UFC, the more money the UFC pays you. Bisping attracts UK fans because he was one of the first UK fighters to get known and he had an attitude and could be marketed, skill-wise he is about the same as Dan Miller, yet Dan has very little marketability and therefore he doesn't get paid as much. Sucks for him, but that is how it works.

After looking at the payouts for UFC 114 I'm starting to question the credibility of UFC matchmaking. I can understand the pay disparity for Rashad vs Rampage somewhat. Well not entirely' date=' lol...but I dismissed it because Rampage still made a decent amount, and I'm assuming a win bonus was factored in....but in the case of Bisping vs Miller, oh gosh!!!! Bisping's purse was drastically bigger than Miller's and it makes me ask why the two were even paired in the first place?? Clearly their paycheques should indicate what level of fighter they are or at least how much they are valued by the UFC...It seems Bisping was given this fight so that he could rebound from the loss to Wanderlei, just like how they gave him Dennis Kang out of nowhere after losing to Hendo...I won't even mention the pay difference in the Brilz match because that fight just pissed me off...Brilz won that fight for sure!

With that being said, I used to like Bisping, but now I'll be routing for him to lose his next match because I'm tired of the seeing the UFC safeguard him...no offense to Miller, but you can't go from fighting Wanderlei to a close decision to fighting Miller next, especially considering Miller is only worth 15 000 to the UFC, pathetic![/quote']

I already posted the Payouts......why didnt you just leave a comment, instead of creating a new thread that doesnt show jack.

Proofs?

Unless GSP gets a bigger ppv cut than Brock however Brock is a bigger draw...mainly because everyone wants to see him get KTFO'd.

Yeah, they both got a big slice of the ppv $, GSP more. I will look for this again, but I saw this immediately after UFC100. Will post if I find again.

Proofs?

Well, I can't find any site that including their PPV share $, but they all show Lesnar and GSP as getting $400K each for their fights.

Also Bisping recieved $150K for losing to Henderson, who cashed in with $350K (including the $150K Win bonus and $100K KO bunus)

pretty sure this is like the 30000th time this has been brought up on here today' date=' use the search button for ****s sake.

[b']anyways, bisping won TUF did he not? Yeah, remember, 6 figure contract for tuf winners? Not that tough to figure out.[/b]

and again, use the damn search button please.

Amir Sadollah got 15,000 base pay........Efrain Escudero got 15,000 base pay...

they both won TUF did they not?

It is about how much you make the UFC....Bisping brings all the british fans to the UFC therefore he gets more money.

Not that tough to figure out!

I wonder if Anderson Silva will get a smaller payout against Sonnen. I'm sure Dana knows he lost a lot of viewers with his last opponent.

Bisping earns UFC a lot of money, so UFC pays Bisping alot of money.

Miller earns UFC a small amount of monet, so UFC pays Miller a small amount of money.

Remember, UFC is a business.

I wonder if Anderson Silva will get a smaller payout against Sonnen. I'm sure Dana knows he lost a lot of viewers with his last opponent.

Bisping earns UFC a lot of money' date=' so UFC pays Bisping alot of money.

Miller earns UFC a small amount of monet, so UFC pays Miller a small amount of money.

Remember, UFC is a business.[/quote']

Silva I don't think is even in the top 5 money makers in the UFC.

Just because YOU did not know who Denis Kang was did not mean he wasn't a top middleweight because he was.

and once again based on your original post I revert you back to my first post in this thread.

+1 and he wanted to fight W Silva right away, but Silva was injured... But good call on that one.

If you read my post and have sense you'll understand that the subject of my post is not why Bisping got paid that much, it's why the two were matched up...Bisping is at a point in his career where he is fighting for a title shot..fighting Miller doesn't put him in line for a shot, although I like Miller, and like Bisping even more...my point is for a co main event, the fighter salaries shouldn't be soooo much different, unless it a championship fight against a big name fighter, like GSP vs Hardy...after the fight I felt like they just wanted Bisping to get another win, its unfortunate, I didn't look forward to that fight at all!

But bash me all you want, I still got 4 pages of responses!!!!

And to the goof that said I didn't know Dennis Kang before he fought Bisping is a dork, and shouldn't make these drastic internet assumptions!

If you read my post and have sense you'll understand that the subject of my post is not why Bisping got paid that much' date=' it's why the two were matched up...[b']Bisping is at a point in his career where he is fighting for a title shot.[/b].fighting Miller doesn't put him in line for a shot, although I like Miller, and like Bisping even more...my point is for a co main event, the fighter salaries shouldn't be soooo much different, unless it a championship fight against a big name fighter, like GSP vs Hardy...after the fight I felt like they just wanted Bisping to get another win, its unfortunate, I didn't look forward to that fight at all!

And to the goof that said I didn't know Dennis Kang before he fought Bisping is a dork, and shouldn't make these drastic internet assumptions!

1- What title shot?

2- You obviously did by your responce to Bisping fighting him.

1- What title shot?

2- You obviously did by your responce to Bisping fighting him.

1. Every fighter fights for a chance to be champion, don't dispute that...Bisping is already a high profile fighter as you all you would acknowledge based on your defense of his paycheque, so clearly a title shot is on his mind.

2. If you read my response you would see that I said, show me a list that has Dennis Kang as a top 10 fighter, at the time of his fight with Bisping, because their fight was in December if I remember correctly, and Kang was not a top fighter...if he was a top fighter, he wouldn't get dropped after losing to Bisping like he did...he's good but not top

At UFC 100' date=' Brock made about 3 Million for the main event, GSP made 5 Million as Co-main event.[/quote']

LOLOLOLOL This is ABSURD and completely untrue! 5 MILLION? I hate to say it, but UFC isn't quite there yet!

GSP does not make 5 MILLION a fight, Brock doesn't make 3 MILLION...

If you read my post and have sense you'll understand that the subject of my post is not why Bisping got paid that much' date=' [b']it's why the two were matched up...Bisping is at a point in his career where he is fighting for a title shot..fighting Miller doesn't put him in line for a shot[/b], although I like Miller, and like Bisping even more...my point is for a co main event, the fighter salaries shouldn't be soooo much different, unless it a championship fight against a big name fighter, like GSP vs Hardy...after the fight I felt like they just wanted Bisping to get another win, its unfortunate, I didn't look forward to that fight at all!

What are you talking about? Why is Bisping so far above Miller that they can't fight, lol? Going into the fight, Bisping was 1-2 in his last three fights same as Miller. Oh, you are saying Bisping should be fighting somebody who can put him closer to a title shot...wait a minute...who did the last title contender beat to get his shot? Oh that's right...Dan Miller.

Archived