Dana, How Are You Going to Make it Up To Brilz

Starr788

I think Brilz beat Lil Nog without a doubt...either way the fight was great...

What bugs me though, is that Dana only seems to intervene with some controversial decisions...when Rua lost to Machida Dana came in the ring, whispered into Rua's ear and during the post fight made comments about how Rua won the fight, and the judges were this and that, and blah blah blah....now I won't deny that Rua fighting for the title was a big deal because fighting for the title is a huge opportunity for one's career....but IMO a victory over Lil Nog would have been much bigger for Brilz career than Rua winning the title...I say that because Rua is already a recognized fighter by casual fans whereas Brilz isn't...

So my question is, how are you going to make Brilz happy Dana?

Although I'm sure the exposure was good for Brilz anyway!!!!

You was just impressed by his performance' date=' Brilz lost that fight.

Read this: http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=39485&highlight=minute

And why would dana make it up for brilz ? He knows that he is not marketable, has no future, and doesn't even dedicate full-time for MMA training.[/quote']

Well what does that say to all his opponents he has beaten who are full time MMA fighters? Say it would have went the other way and Brilz would've won by split decision, should Dana make it up to little Nog just because he spends more time in the Gym but still lost?

You was just impressed by his performance' date=' Brilz lost that fight.

Read this: http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=39485&highlight=minute

And why would dana make it up for brilz ? He knows that he is not marketable, has no future, and doesn't even dedicate full-time for MMA training.[/quote']

He's about 100 times more marketable than nog's ugly azz. And easily won that fight-- and on taking it only in a couple weeks notice is crazy. If he doesnt do MMA fulltime it only further speaks to his ability.

it was a close one, I was leaning in Brilz's favour. Someone posted a video earlier of Dana saying he would have given the fight to Brilz but he's not a judge. He seems to have impressed the right people and got everyone's attention so i'd say his efforts won't go to waste.

except the decision wasn't wrong' date=' whether people want to accept it or not.[/quote']

I didn't say the decision was right or wrong. I just said, "I think anytime there is a decision that the majority of people disagree with- there should be an immediate rematch- a la Shogun vs. Machida"

You may think it was the correct decision. BUT, clearly appears that the majority of people out there thought it was a bad decision

I didn't say the decision was right or wrong. I just said' date=' "I think anytime there is a decision that the majority of people disagree with- there should be an immediate rematch- a la Shogun vs. Machida"

You may think it was the correct decision. BUT, clearly appears that the majority of people out there thought it was a bad decision[/quote']

ah, yes. but being in the majority doesn't make you right. the rematch would probobly be a good fight, i just feel it's un-nessecery.

Well what does that say to all his opponents he has beaten who are full time MMA fighters? Say it would have went the other way and Brilz would've won by split decision' date=' should Dana make it up to little Nog just because he spends more time in the Gym but still lost?[/quote']

His past opponents were all weak, if Nog had lost that fight dana wouldn't put him against forrest, but still against someone better than brilz.

He's about 100 times more marketable than nog's ugly azz. And easily won that fight-- and on taking it only in a couple weeks notice is crazy. If he doesnt do MMA fulltime it only further speaks to his ability.

He took the fight in 2 weeks notice, but Wrestled all his life

Nog had 2 weeks to focus on wrestling

And saying that Brilz is more marketable than nog.. wow. I don't even know if you are being serious or trolling.

ah' date=' yes. but being in the majority doesn't make you right. the rematch would probobly be a good fight, i just feel it's un-nessecery.[/quote']

Again- it's not about right or wrong- there is no right or wrong. But, since most people including Dana White himself believe Brilz won, I think they should fight again...simple as that

His past opponents were all weak' date=' if Nog had lost that fight dana wouldn't put him against forrest, but still against someone better than brilz.

And saying that Brilz is more marketable than nog.. wow. I don't even know if you are being serious or trolling.[/quote']

Broken english + mister potato head. When did that become marketable?

in brilz post fight interview, he admitted he shouldnt of let it get to th judges! he's not complaining about the result, so why is everyone else? he's also just infinitely raised his profile so he'l probably be pleased with that given the short notice! the 65k he gained plus he's more than likely to be given a higher ranked fighter now will all be reward enough.

whats dana supposed to do? give brilz the win bonus instead?

By saying that you think he 'easily won that fight', you're just admitting that you hate Rogerio. I'd go so far as to say you probably hate both Nogueira's.

Rogerio won rounds 1 and 3,

yeah i would say brillz could have won that fight, but theres no way he will ever be 100 times more marketable then nog. i mean come on, nobody has ever heard of the guy. don't even try to tell me otherwise because there wasnt even a word about him mentioned until after the fight

if he got beat legitamately, then nobody would even be talking about him, as he was already written off in the fight against somebody with a name.

Now tell me how that is marketable. ive been reading alot of threads lately, and i can honestly say i never seen any saying anything such as "Man im stoked for the brillz fight. I hope he delivers a beating to nogueira like never before"

the guy had nothing to lose and everything to gain out of the fight, whereas nogueira has all the meatheads trying to discredit him over a sloppy performance.

His past opponents were all weak' date=' if Nog had lost that fight dana wouldn't put him against forrest, but still against someone better than brilz.

And saying that Brilz is more marketable than nog.. wow. I don't even know if you are being serious or trolling.[/quote']

Dont give me that cap alright, making excuses like all his past opponents were weak, if you fight in the UFC its going to be a tough fight no matter who it is. And to say he just wrestled him is also wrong because on the feet he didnt do too bad, lil Nog nowhere near dominated.

hes the only person who took this fight with lil nog. 2 weeks notice and he went in there and made a name for himself. No one knew who he was before, now everyone knows who he is. His endorsement deals will go through the roof, and he will be given an even tougher opponent than Lil Nog. How many times has it been said, to not let the fight go to the judges? I mean, it should have come as a big surprise to anyone that the second it went to the cards it was gonna be nog.

So, friday night, not a single thread about brillz, monday morning, about 5 million of them. Not to mention the 65k bonus he got. He isn't *****ing about it, so why are some other people? Again, none of you knew who the hell he was 4 days ago, so quit your damn whining for the love of god.

Archived