Wrestling should now become a top priority for anyone fighting in MMA

Decker84

After seeing Rampage and Daley lose to opponents with great wrestling skills, I think that the ever evolving MMA fighter must train in wrestling to have any chance of becoming a world champion.

As boring as it is to watch two men lying on eachother in the cage, it has now become a very effective way in scoring points in the octagon and ultimately gaining victories.

I advise all MMA students across the world to train in wrestling if they arent already.

well if you can have great takedown defense and your standing is your best game than just train that. No need to train a full wrestling session when you can take 30 minutes each session and train the takedown defense. But surely it is great to train in it. But obviously there are exceptions. Rampage did great with defending it. He stuffed like 4 or 5 of them while at the cage.

After seeing Rampage and Daley lose to opponents with great wrestling skills' date=' I think that the ever evolving MMA fighter must train in wrestling to have any chance of becoming a world champion.

As boring as it is to watch two men lying on eachother in the cage, it has now become a very effective way in scoring points in the octagon and ultimately gaining victories.

I advise all MMA students across the world to train in wrestling if they arent already.[/quote']

Yeah, MMA fighters better start training in wrestling!! I wonder why MMA gyms havent thought of that one before. :rolleyes: I hope they all read this and start immediately

well if you can have great takedown defense and your standing is your best game than just train that. No need to train a full wrestling session when you can take 30 minutes each session and train the takedown defense. But surely it is great to train in it. But obviously there are exceptions. Rampage did great with defending it. He stuffed like 4 or 5 of them while at the cage.

Rampage used to have good wrestling.

So your statement is flawed.

Here's what I find funny. Camps will bring in world class strikers' date=' world class grapplers (judo,bjj,etc) but rarely will you see a world class wrestler brought in. Could be because wrestlers team to migrate together, AKA/Team Quest/ Greg Nelson's gym/ etc[/quote']

If you're in the U.S.A... just go to your local Division I college and ask their wrestling team if you can train with them. There will be several guys of different weights to work you to death in pure wrestling.

Here's what I find funny. Camps will bring in world class strikers' date=' world class grapplers (judo,bjj,etc) but rarely will you see a world class wrestler brought in. Could be because wrestlers team to migrate together, AKA/Team Quest/ Greg Nelson's gym/ etc[/quote']

who is Greg Nelson?

Archived