Rashad will beat Shogun

Alex_L

You heard it from me first.

I'll give reasons.

Shogun could very well beat rashad but thiago and shogun remind me of eachother and thiago has if not more, just as much power as shogun. shogun is faster than thiago but not rashad. I would hate to see it but rashad might wrestle his way to victory.

How? With his speed, which is second to Lyoto's who Shogun just beat? Or his power, which is less than that of Rampage, who he beat? Rashad will have to bring the wrestling blueprint for this fight if he even wants a chance at winning. If he does, it's gonna be by decision, or possible 4th/5th tko, depending on if Shogun gasses. Otherwise Rua might catch him coming in like Rampage almost did in their fight, or like Thiago almost did in their fight, or like Lyoto DID in their fight.

Nah Rashad will hold him against the fence for the first 2 rounds then get clipped.

Na I see first round like that, second round he'll try the same but eat a knee to his face and proceed to go into desperation mode like he did with Machida until Shogun lands that punch to make Rashad do the stanky leg again

Na I see first round like that' date=' second round he'll try the same but eat a knee to his face and proceed to go into desperation mode like he did with Machida until Shogun lands that punch to make Rashad do [b']the stanky leg [/b]again

makes me laugh every time!

You must be tripping. Shogun can beat Rashad where ever the fight goes. Shoguns stand up is better than Rashads. Shogun is as fast if not faster than Rashad. Shoguns hits a lot harder than Rashad. And Shogun has a great chin. If Rashad takes Shogun down Shogun will use his sweeps or BJJ to get up or submit Rashad.

You must be tripping. Shogun can beat Rashad where ever the fight goes. Shoguns stand up is better than Rashads. Shogun is as fast if not faster than Rashad. Shoguns hits a lot harder than Rashad. And Shogun has a great chin. If Rashad takes Shogun down Shogun will use his sweeps or BJJ to get up or submit Rashad.

I think Shogun is going to win too, but you are underestimating Rashad's ground game (just like Rampage did).

I'll give reasons.

Shogun could very well beat rashad but thiago and shogun remind me of eachother and thiago has if not more' date=' just as much power as shogun. shogun is faster than thiago but not rashad. I would hate to see it but rashad might wrestle his way to victory.[/quote']

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.....you shouldnt smoke crack.

Because Rashad got a decision over Rampage, you think that somehow translates that Rashad will beat Shogun?? Shogun tko'ed Rampage in the first round, absolutely destroyed him. And Shogun had the B@lls to STAND with Rampage. Oh what if he fights a wrestler that will wrestle, look no farther than Kevin Randleman when he was a beast.

Shogun will KO Rashad 'Glass Chin" Evans. And if Evans tries to stick to him like he did Rampage, RE will be submitted very quickly.

Thiago is overrated, he has nowhere near the level of Muai Thai, or Bjj. Shogun is faster, and hits just as hard.

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.....you shouldnt smoke crack.

Because Rashad got a decision over Rampage' date=' you think that somehow translates that Rashad will beat Shogun?? Shogun tko'ed Rampage in the first round, absolutely destroyed him. And Shogun had the B@lls to STAND with Rampage. Oh what if he fights a wrestler that will wrestle, look no farther than Kevin Randleman when he was a beast.

Shogun will KO Rashad 'Glass Chin" Evans. And if Evans tries to stick to him like he did Rampage, RE will be submitted very quickly.

Thiago is overrated, he has nowhere near the level of Muai Thai, or Bjj. Shogun is faster, and hits just as hard.[/quote']

yeah but randleman had no sub defense. its just my opinion. you dont have to flame

Shogun 1st round KO.. Machida destroyed Rashad & Shogun destroyed Machida..So technically..Shogun>Evans by quite a margin.. So 1st round KO for Shogun

im not sayin rashad is gonna win the fight but u cant use that kinda math in mma..i know rua had a hurt knee in teh forrest fight but rashad beat forrest so there goes ur math

Because Rashad got a decision over Rampage' date=' you think that somehow translates that Rashad will beat Shogun?? Shogun tko'ed Rampage in the first round, absolutely destroyed him. And Shogun had the B@lls to STAND with Rampage. Oh what if he fights a wrestler that will wrestle, look no farther than Kevin Randleman when he was a beast.

Thiago is overrated, he has nowhere near the level of Muai Thai, or Bjj. Shogun is faster, and hits just as hard.[/quote']

all the hahas is just dumb and ur obviously an idiot

Shogun 1st round KO.. Machida destroyed Rashad & Shogun destroyed Machida..So technically..Shogun>Evans by quite a margin.. So 1st round KO for Shogun

How? With his speed' date=' which is second to Lyoto's who Shogun just beat? Or his power, which is less than that of Rampage, who he beat? Rashad will have to bring the wrestling blueprint for this fight if he even wants a chance at winning. If he does, it's gonna be by decision, or possible 4th/5th tko, depending on if Shogun gasses. Otherwise Rua might catch him coming in like Rampage almost did in their fight, or like Thiago almost did in their fight, or like Lyoto DID in their fight.[/quote']

MMA math doesn't work fanboys.

just tell me why it was necessary to say haha so much..u look like a fool but ur the king of the ring so ill back off

because I find it humorous that on this forum, every time a fighter wins, everyone starts screaming P4p, if a fighter loses they are washed up and need to retire. Its retarded.

Rashad is a well rounded fighter, but if the Rampage win is the basis for this discussion then I have to laugh. Rua destroyed Rampage, Rua Destroyed Machida. Evans decisioned Rampage, and got KTFO by Machida. It Laughable when people bring up Rua's loss to Forrest Griffin and only idiots forget to take into account that he had blown out his knee during training and re-injured it so bad during the match that he had to have immediate surgery afterwards.

If someones opinion on a ufc forum can literally "crack you up"' date=' then you're quite the doouche.[/quote']

who is flaming now f@g?? Lick my satchel you piece of trash.

Your opinion is remedial, hence the laughter. I was thinking to myself, what kind of inbred moron writes garbage like this....then I saw your name and it all came together.

I'll give reasons.

Shogun could very well beat rashad but thiago and shogun remind me of eachother and thiago has if not more' date=' just as much power as shogun. shogun is faster than thiago but not rashad. I would hate to see it but rashad might wrestle his way to victory.[/quote']

i think its very possible.......will have to get a decision and 5 round is a long time to protect your chin but rashad can pull it off......maybe

I hate how people say Lyoto beat Rashad and Shogun beat Lyoto so Shogun will beat Rashad... MMA MATH DOESNT WORK THAT WAY RETARDS!! Every fight is a different fight.. I think this fight will be very very competitive and I cannot wait to watch it.. Rashad has speed and amazing wrestling along with Greg Jackson who makes unbelievable game plans... and Shogun is Shogun theres not much to say haha.. I really am unbiased in this fight Evans and Shogun are my two favorite fighters in the LHW division so I am just gunna sit back and enjoy it!

I hate how people say Lyoto beat Rashad and Shogun beat Lyoto so Shogun will beat Rashad... MMA MATH DOESNT WORK THAT WAY RETARDS!! Every fight is a different fight.. I think this fight will be very very competitive and I cannot wait to watch it.. Rashad has speed and amazing wrestling along with Greg Jackson who makes unbelievable game plans... and Shogun is Shogun theres not much to say haha.. I really am unbiased in this fight Evans and Shogun are my two favorite fighters in the LHW division so I am just gunna sit back and enjoy it!

Greg Jacksons camp really just uses the same game plan no matter who they fight. Use control and wrestling to try and tire out your opponent and either ride out the decision or make them so tired they can't fight back. That's not really an unbelievable game plan now that everyone knows about it. And Shogun showed us in the first fight that he is a thinking fighter too and knows how to work and implement a gameplan. MMA Math doesn't work but I think its all to often people look at fighters like shogun and assume they don't plan fights just because he is as dynamic as he is. Could Rashad try to control shogun like he did Rampage? Yes but the differentiating factor between shogun and Rampage is kicks. Rampage threw 1 kick in his fight with Rashad total. Shogun will throw alot more and take away Rashad's ability to drive into him by taking out his legs. If it turns into a Strategic war of attrition I am giving shogun the edge there as well, because he has shown he can go a full 5 rounds and hold his gameplan a full 5 rounds.

Greg Jacksons camp really just uses the same game plan no matter who they fight. Use control and wrestling to try and tire out your opponent and either ride out the decision or make them so tired they can't fight back. That's not really an unbelievable game plan now that everyone knows about it. And Shogun showed us in the first fight that he is a thinking fighter too and knows how to work and implement a gameplan. MMA Math doesn't work but I think its all to often people look at fighters like shogun and assume they don't plan fights just because he is as dynamic as he is. Could Rashad try to control shogun like he did Rampage? Yes but the differentiating factor between shogun and Rampage is kicks. Rampage through 1 kick in his fight with Rashad total. Shogun will throw alot more and take away Rashad's ability to drive into him by taking out his legs. If it turns into a Strategic war of attrition I am giving shogun the edge there as well' date=' because he has shown he can go a full 5 rounds and hold his gameplan a full 5 rounds.[/quote']

Jon Jones doesnt use that gameplan. neither does carwin, guillard, jardine, or marquardt.

I think Rashad could out wrestle Shogun, he did it to Rampage who has much better take down defence. Shogun was taken down by Machida - twice - who's wrestling is not very good, Rashad will take Shogun down at will. What he has to worry about is Shogun's Jiu-Jitsu which is way better than Ramapages or Thiago Silva's. Also Shogun is faster than those two and one way or another Rashad will land puches on him.

Jon Jones doesnt use that gameplan. neither does carwin' date=' guillard, jardine, or marquardt.[/quote']

It was a generalization. And its what I would expect if I was Shogun. Rashad isn't Carwin and Isn't Jardine. So I would expect some variation of the wrestle/control/exhaust game plan from Rashad.

I think Rashad could out wrestle Shogun' date=' he did it to Rampage who has much better take down defence. Shogun was taken down by Machida - twice - who's wrestling is not very good, Rashad will take Shogun down at will. What he has to worry about is Shogun's Jiu-Jitsu which is way better than Ramapages or Thiago Silva's. Also Shogun is faster than those two and one way or another Rashad will land puches on him.[/quote']

I don't think Shogun cared enough to even defend Machida's take down. It would have wasted more energy for him to defend it then to surrender it. And you saw how fast he got to his feat after Machida took him down. He was losing the round on Takedowns but again don't think he cared he was in it for a fight going the distance and was conserving energy if anything. And Machida has good wrestling, via Sumo + Judo. He can control people quite well even wrestlers look at what he did to control Tito.

I'll give reasons.

No we didn't hear this from you first.

I'm not stating that I was the first one either, only that I said it before you.

I wrote weeks before the rampage vs evans fight that I thought Rashad would wrestle him for a decision and guess I was right. I was hoping that rampage would knock his arrogant **** out, but rashad was too quick for him I admit. I was litterally jumping when rampage caught him and was hoping for that tko/ko.

I too am afraid that rashad will try and implement a pure wrestling strategy if facing shogun. And from what I say in shogun machida fight 2, I am quite concerned tbh for shogun. I ****ing hope he can find a masterplan to counter rashad or quickly knock him out.

Styles makes fights.

ok ive been following these forums for a while but havent bothered to register. i decided to register because i strongly disagree with you on this point. there are several reasons why rashad will not beat shogun. the first is that shogun will not be phased by rashads speed. shogun beat machida to the punch during the entire duration of both their fights and machida simply blitzed rashad with an accurate fast attack that rashad couldnt cope with. secondly if you expect it to be a dominant wrestling performance your wrong. shogun has insane ground skills and strong take down defence. if he wanted to he couls submit rashad who although holds a bjj black belt, does not hold the ground skills of shogun who against a very dominant wrestler used strong leglock attack to finish kevin randleman. thirdly, rashad wont knock shogun out. he has been in against as big of hitters as rashad before and never been knocked out. his only losses have come by submission (excluding a robbery against machida and a tko due to broken arm against coleman) rashad hasnt submitted anyone since his frist fight (submission to strikes dont count). finally rashad has a suspect chin which has been exposed in his last 3 fights. unlike the fights against silva and rampage (who both rocked rashad but then gased) shogun will have 5 rounds to finish rashad and he is unlikely to gas since his cardio has been unquestionable since the coleman fight.

Archived