Fedor, GSP, Anderson criticism question??

FedorWand

I've been reading post's here for sometime and I had a question for everyone...keep in mind its only a question not a jab at any particular fighter or his style.

After 112 people were upset about Anderson not finishing the fight, same thing with GSP & Hardy-- now both were in control at all times but seemed to not want to take any unnecessary risks (which I understand bc i've been training in one form or another for over 15 yrs and my body tells me about every morning)

Now with Fedor-- he fought Rogers and put himself in whatever positions he thought would give him the chance to finish the fight even though it cost him a few nasty punches

Anderson & GSP get criticized for lay & pray or fearing getting hit or fighting "safe" (not my word but his). But on the same hand it seems when a fighter does take a couple shots to get himself into a position to maybe finish the fight he gets criticized for it and all of a sudden arent relevant anymore.

Do champions need to finish fights like Shogun vs Machida II everytime to be an across the board accepted champion?? I feel like its a lose-lose situation--avoid damage and your overrated or you take damage to give damage and your overrated

Just curious as to your opinions

I've been reading post's here for sometime and I had a question for everyone...keep in mind its only a question not a jab at any particular fighter or his style.

After 112 people were upset about Anderson not finishing the fight' date=' same thing with GSP & Hardy-- now both were in control at all times but seemed to not want to take any unnecessary risks (which I understand bc i've been training in one form or another for over 15 yrs and my body tells me about every morning)

Now with Fedor-- he fought Rogers and put himself in whatever positions he thought would give him the chance to finish the fight even though it cost him a few nasty punches

Anderson & GSP get criticized for lay & pray or fearing getting hit or fighting "safe" (not my word but his). But on the same hand it seems when a fighter does take a couple shots to get himself into a position to maybe finish the fight he gets criticized for it and all of a sudden arent relevant anymore.

Do champions need to finish fights like Shogun vs Machida II everytime to be an across the board accepted champion?? I feel like its a lose-lose situation--avoid damage and your overrated or you take damage to give damage and your overrated

Just curious as to your opinions[/quote']

unless fighters knock guys out cold wihtout being hit at all. some moronic fanboy somewhere will find something to complain about.

as for the fedor fight i think people thought that because rodgers wasn't a top level guy fedor should have just steam rolled him. a lot of epople resent his pound for pound status and the quality of competition he's been facing lately. theres an intersting fight looming with alistar overeen if he wins his next fight though,.

I don't blame GSP for not finishing, he finished Penn, pulled his groin vs Alves, and had 2 full submissions on Hardy where he was close to winning. I have no problem with Silva's performance vs Leites, he fought smart, as for the Maia fight, he fought angry and ****y, and represented the sport poorly, and bored us out of our minds. Fedor, well no one will be happy until he's in the UFC.

My point is I have no problem with a fighter when he tries to finish, GSP took the fight to his strength and tried to finish, Silva has to stop caring what everyone thinks about him and go in and do his job, Fedor, sign on the dotted line.

unless fighters knock guys out cold wihtout being hit at all. some moronic fanboy somewhere will find something to complain about.

as for the fedor fight i think people thought that because rodgers wasn't a top level guy fedor should have just steam rolled him. a lot of epople resent his pound for pound status and the quality of competition he's been facing lately. theres an intersting fight looming with alistar overeen if he wins his next fight though' date='.[/quote']

Very true but on the business side the amount of money can be doubled ( GSP 400 K T Alves 200 K )

If people don't like it try and stop it!

Evans just out wrestled Rampage and complained its boring , Do they want us to ban it?

As for Fedor No one was a bigger fan than myself but to ruin your legacy becouse of M1 is retarded and then hold Strikeforce hostage for more money. Someone give Fedor's balls back, so he can demolish Brock

Very true but on the business side the amount of money can be doubled ( GSP 400 K T Alves 200 K )

Evans just out wrestled Rampage and complained its boring ' date=' Do they want us to ban it?

As for Fedor No one was a bigger fan than myself but to ruin your legacy becouse of M1 is retarded and then hold Strikeforce hostage for more money. Someone give Fedor's balls back, so he can demolish Brock[/quote'] well said

Just over the past yr i have read so many posts saying some of the oddest things-- personally i think all 3 are great fighters

But i swear people complain about everything and they change there arguement based on the last fight---had Anderson engaged with Maia and got hit people would question everything he has ever done ( personally, he has skills far beyond mine but if you look at his resume from the first UFC fight until today--its not that impressive)

I cant stand "WATCHING" GSP but that said his resume if better than Andersons or Fedors going back 3 yrs. (In all fairness, I love training wrestling and BJJ more than anything outside of my family but its boring to watch-- I love golf but watching paint dry is just as fun as watching golf)

Complete disclosure-- im a huge fedor fan but respect GSP & Anderson greatly. I love & think fedor is a great champ bc he puts himself in dangerous positions and always finds a way to win--that to me is a great champ is someone regardless of the situation finds a way to win

Regardless-- its seems like fighters are screwed whether they fight safe or get hit

And Yes--M1 is ruining his career, reputation and taking away so much from the fans

The fights in the UFC would be instant classics that we would all be showing our grand kids like our parents showed us Ali, Rocky Marciano, Joe Lewis

It bothers me that stuff like that is being taken from us fans

Yeah i dont mind watching GSP do what he does best and wrestle guys...until someone becomes BETTER then him at it..he will always be the top guy in the WW division

As for anderson, well i think he could take some of the fights a little more seriously, but hands down he still remains to me anyways as the best fighter in the world...

And fedor, i love his aggressiveness..i do understand he is a bit out of his prime but love to watch him fight...he might be the best in the world but he always puts on a good show!!

I'm not sure if that's what it's all about. People are upset with GSP because he uses his grappling to win his fights a lot, which happened to not include very much fireworks when he fought Hardy and Alves. People are upset with Anderson because he made an **** of himself and put on one of the most disrespectful shows in the history of the sport, then refused to engage with his opponent for the majority of the fight. People are upset with Fedor because he's been declared the pound for pound best fighter in the world by many people for years now, and hasn't been fighting the best fighters to retain that title, he's basically just being allowed to keep it because he once was and hasn't lost since then.

Evans just out wrestled Rampage and complained its boring ' date=' Do they want us to ban it?

As for Fedor No one was a bigger fan than myself but to ruin your legacy becouse of M1 is retarded and then hold Strikeforce hostage for more money. Someone give Fedor's balls back, so he can demolish Brock[/quote']

Money is based on contracts, GSP will make at least 200k every time he fights, win/lose/draw. And Alves made 60k that night, his base amount of pay. You don't make double of what your opponent does

I don't blame GSP for not finishing' date=' he finished Penn, pulled his groin vs Alves, and had 2 full submissions on Hardy where he was close to winning. I have no problem with Silva's performance vs Leites, he fought smart, as for the Maia fight, he fought angry and ****y, and represented the sport poorly, and bored us out of our minds. Fedor, well no one will be happy until he's in the UFC.

My point is I have no problem with a fighter when he tries to finish, GSP took the fight to his strength and tried to finish, Silva has to stop caring what everyone thinks about him and go in and do his job, Fedor, sign on the dotted line.[/quote']

Exactly.

( personally' date=' he has skills far beyond mine but if you look at his resume from the first UFC fight until today--its not that impressive)[/quote']

You're joking right? 2 impressive wins over Rich Franklin, Subbing Dan Henderson stoping Nate in the First round KO ing 2 LHW in the first round, 1 who had just lost the LHW title.

Yeah that's not impressive...

You're joking right? 2 impressive wins over Rich Franklin' date=' Subbing Dan Henderson stoping Nate in the First round KO ing 2 LHW in the first round, 1 who had just lost the LHW title.

Yeah that's not impressive...[/quote']

Silva HAS good wins on his resume, but not all the guys he's faced were anything special...and those 2 lhw's are trash no offense.

Everyone is saying GSP should move up, but his body frame, height, size would make him very small for MW.

Silva on the otehr hand walks around 220+ between fights is tall very far reach and SHOULD be fighting at LHW hell he could even fight at HW if he wanted.

I respect Silva's skill but like BJ Penn I hate him as a person disrespecting his opponents (Cote, Leites, Maia).

Fedor I respect but needs to face some tougher competition...and what happens should he lose to Werdum?

GSP class act, faces any and all competition put in front of him, and though some may complain about his style of late, at least he is actively trying to finish fights.

Like Bisping said at the 114 post fight presser "Every fighter goes into the fight wanting to finish his opponent, sometimes it just doesn't happen because the other guy is so tough."

Archived