Why we watch and will continue to watch.

Black_House

There are few mainstream sports still in their infancy that generate the type of passion and intensity in their fans that MMA does. Wether it's the thrill of watching a guy you despise getting stopped by a young up and comer, or the excitment of watching your favorite fighter get a late come from behind knockout or submission. MMA sends us on an instant adrenaline rush from the time we set down, all the way up until we go to bed that night.

While we may argue and complain that some fights didnt go the way we wanted, or that the refs screwed up a decision (Hamill-Bisping)..We will continue to watch as loyal fans because we will always feel the rush leading up to the fight and the instant adrenaline kick as soon as the fight starts...So why every fight may not go the way we hoped, or we may complain about a certain fighters style...We must all remember that this sport is still in its infancy and we as fans are the ones to keep it going in the right direction....Keep up the intensity fans but always remember that the fighters are the ones who put their lives on the line for our entertainment, and that we are all just spectators who have the privilege of watching a truly great sport evolve.

Actually I watch way less MMA now than I did ten years ago.

IT isn;t the same since they pasturised it. Its still goood' date=' but it is no longer a true combat sport.[/quote']

Yea true! now its like the guys get hit a couple of times and herb jumps in "its over" its over" its like what? or guys like rashad lay on them for 15 min and they call that a win? back in the day guys like rashad would be in trouble!

Yea true! now its like the guys get hit a couple of times and herb jumps in "its over" its over" its like what? or guys like rashad lay on them for 15 min and they call that a win? back in the day guys like rashad would be in trouble!

This sport has lost some of it's gladiator like appeal, but gained so much more. Notoriety mainly, which in turn brings a higher level of competition. That and $185,000 winners bonuses (i know, top pay)... would you throw caution to the wind???

Open forums.....

TO me they ruined everything when they brought in judges and decisions.

Its just boxng now, with all the same problems.

Yea true! now its like the guys get hit a couple of times and herb jumps in "its over" its over" its like what?

YEAH! I want to see all the guys fighting their hearts out for my entertainment to be brain-damaged by the time they are 30! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YEAH! I want to see all the guys fighting their hearts out for my entertainment to be brain-damaged by the time they are 30! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I didnt say anything about brain-damage your jumping the gun McBottery! calm son breath in exhale and dont put words in my mouth or I will type words to harm you!

I didnt say anything about brain-damage your jumping the gun McBottery! calm son breath in exhale and dont put words in my mouth or I will type words to harm you!

Well you obviously didn't say anything about brain damage, but thats what happens when fighters start taking unnecessary blows when they aren't intelligently defending themselves. I mean, as much as I would have enjoyed Shogun teeing off on Machida's unconscious face for another few seconds, it's dangerous. (Yes I know Shogun stopped the onslaught before the ref jumped in)

Well you obviously didn't say anything about brain damage' date=' but thats what happens when fighters start taking unnecessary blows when they aren't intelligently defending themselves. I mean, as much as I would have enjoyed Shogun teeing off on Machida's unconscious face for another few seconds, it's dangerous. (Yes I know Shogun stopped the onslaught before the ref jumped in)[/quote']

I know what your saying they gotta keep the sport safe and everything but somtimes when I pay 50bucks and the fights end werid it makes you say what? its like those NFL guys take licks every week and there mostly ok and seeing guys train 4 months for a fight and it end in 3 min im like he's tuff he's a grown man let the fight go on thats all!

Actually I watch way less MMA now than I did ten years ago.

IT isn;t the same since they pasturised it. Its still goood' date=' but it is no longer a true combat sport.[/quote']

this is something i hear alot, how the sport was much better back in the old days when there where less rules. take off those rose tinted nostalgia glass's people. the sport is better now than it has ever been.

Archived