Lets Ban Wrestling !

Dicker410

June 1, 2010

Since I can't beat em I might as well join ya! Yeah right!

Pisses me off on how we all forget its MMA, and that includes wrestling.

Rampage loses to a better athlete and wrestling and its boring? Little do you know but Rampage and Chuck have wrestling backgrounds but chose not to utilise them. So who's the idiot now.

Shogun is gonna slaughter Suga and you'll see the difference in fighters.

Like I say all you got to do is stop it! Easy enough LOL Fighters tend to go back to what works well.GSP, Evans , Brock. Look at the sucess they had.

Like I said all you got to do is stop it. Don't train with Serra ( ala Hardy ) or anyone who resembles his style.Takedown defense is the key with a wrestler.Don't like it don't watch, but then your gonna miss most of the fighters in all MMA !

When Shogun defends the wrestling of Evans ITS BECOUSE HE PRACTICED IT! He sure as f*ck ain't gonna do more BJJ let me tell ya. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride of wrestling as it is as ARTISTIC as any other discipline!

Rampage was garbage that never evolved so Evans is to blame? Its not our fault Rampage couldn't even out wrestle him when he tried and did things to Jackson you thought were unthinkable!

Wanna whine stand behind Tito, Jackson and others ! Just wait your turn. or you could recognize it as a valuable asset to an arsenol most EVOLVED fighters have!

I have no problem with wrestling. My problem is when suga talked all that crap about knocking out rampage and he knew all along he was gonna wrestle him thats what pissed me off.... and i think the ref shoulda stoped it in the 3rd when rampage rocked suga...cant wait till shogun beats suga down suga cant take a punch anymore machida ruined him....

I have no problem with wrestling. My problem is when suga talked all that crap about knocking out rampage and he knew all along he was gonna wrestle him thats what pissed me off.... and i think the ref shoulda stoped it in the 3rd when rampage rocked suga...cant wait till shogun beats suga down suga cant take a punch anymore machida ruined him....

Well its sad but The Gun will be to much for Evans

Point is watch what fighter can stop the grappling and Rampage isn't it

Black Santa I don't think I'm puttin down Rampage just being truthfull

Lets ban holding onto your opponent without doing anything to beat them. Either Ground and Pound' date=' or go for Submission. Otherwise stand the fight up and warn the fighter. Either go for the win, or have points deducted.[/quote']

This isn't TUF were you get a bonus for not going to the judges

troll

how is he being a troll? He's sayin if a fighter doesn't want to be abused..stop what is going to be used to abuse you..in this case stop the guy from takin you down and GnP'in you..If he's a better wrestler..work on that..it's like if your gonna fight silva..your damn sure gonna work on your stand up and dancin arn't ya? why not do the same for a wrestler rather than complain about it (although the fighters dont complain about it the "fans" do)

are you kidding, and who says shogun is going to destroy rashad? if rashad takes him down which he will shogun will gas as displayed in previous fights, and whos to say he didnt catch machida and he got taken down by machida, chuck, coleman! get reaal BUDDEH!

how is he being a troll? He's sayin if a fighter doesn't want to be abused..stop what is going to be used to abuse you..in this case stop the guy from takin you down and GnP'in you..If he's a better wrestler..work on that..it's like if your gonna fight silva..your damn sure gonna work on your stand up and dancin arn't ya? why not do the same for a wrestler rather than complain about it (although the fighters dont complain about it the "fans" do)

Thanks that is my point exactly Not a Troll just experienced in MMA

If I was on here all the time then I could see how you'd think that but I can't type fast enough and sick of listening to how boring the fight was

Defend the take down!

if you people couldn't see the out come of this fight you are blind what was evans saying the whole time" im going to make him quit" you don't make someone quit by KOing them you make them quit by working them over and wearing them down the entire fight and that is what he did it's jackson's fault he didn't do anything to stop it he is a vet in this sport and by now he should have known to practice more on take down defense yes wrestlers might not have the most exciting game plans but if people can't stop their game plan then they deserve to lose to it

June 1' date=' 2010

Rampage loses to a better athlete and wrestling and its boring? Little do you know but Rampage and Chuck have wrestling backgrounds but chose not to utilise them. So who's the idiot now.

Like I say all you got to do is stop it! Easy enough LOL Fighters tend to go back to what works well.GSP, Evans , Brock. Look at the sucess they had.

Like I said all you got to do is stop it. Don't train with Serra ( ala Hardy ) or anyone who resembles his style.Takedown defense is the key with a wrestler.Don't like it don't watch, but then your gonna miss most of the fighters in all MMA !

When Shogun defends the wrestling of Evans ITS BECOUSE HE PRACTICED IT! He sure as f*ck ain't gonna do more BJJ let me tell ya. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride of wrestling as it is as ARTISTIC as any other discipline!

Rampage was garbage that never evolved so Evans is to blame? Its not our fault Rampage couldn't even out wrestle him when he tried and did things to Jackson you thought were unthinkable!

Wanna whine stand behind Tito, Jackson and others ! Just wait your turn. or you could recognize it as a valuable asset to an arsenol most EVOLVED fighters have![/quote']

I was going to attack you till i actually read this. Wrestling is a martail art with as much merit as the others. +1

Its the fact that when some wresters fight a good striker they are simply just holding them and doing no damage. I have no problems with wrestling, what I dont like is someone just holding the other fighter to keep control and stall fights. This isnt boxing is what another person said on another post on here. Well sorry to inform you friend but this isnt wrestling either. Its always gonna make for a boring fight when fighters do this. I like the wrestling game but when you get the takedown do some work dont just sit and watch the clock. I think more rules should be set up for these fighters not to stall like that. Its mma, mix it up dont just take the easy way out at every oppertunity. Really do you want a champ like that. Come on people.

June 1' date=' 2010

Wanna whine stand behind Tito, Jackson and others ! Just wait your turn. or you could recognize it as a valuable asset to an arsenol most EVOLVED fighters have![/quote']

+1 Completely agree. Finally someone who talks some sense and isn't a complete idiot posting stupid threads. Please post more lol.

the best thing about mma is that any style goes.now you figure we should ban the parts that you don't like.listen a fight is a fight and if rampage wants to stay in the game he should learn to deal with it.if you want to see only stand up watch k1 or boxing.

the best thing about mma is that any style goes.now you figure we should ban the parts that you don't like.listen a fight is a fight and if rampage wants to stay in the game he should learn to deal with it.if you want to see only stand up watch k1 or boxing.

Hey Junior - did you READ to OP???

Go back - read again - and state an informed opinion.

Bottom line: Now that rashad has figured out he can use his wrestling skills to lay on top of his opponents and eek out wins that's all we'll be seeing out of him...evan's game-plan last two fights: Tackle & smother

if he stood and banged with rampage he would have been just wakin up about now...evans = boring

Bottom line: Now that rashad has figured out he can use his wrestling skills to lay on top of his opponents and eek out wins that's all we'll be seeing out of him...evan's game-plan last two fights: Tackle & smother

if he stood and banged with rampage he would have been just wakin up about now...evans = boring

Boring yes but its still MMA and had he hit Rampage with those viscous elbows that missed we wouldn't be talking about it!

People don't seem to understand that a fighter can't just go for subs/gnp right after the takedown. It is all about improving position first - it isn't that Rashad was stalling, it was the fact that there was a stalemate much of the fight, which is why the referee appropriately separated them so many times.

Rampage had multpile attempts to get the fight where he wanted to, but failed. Dictating where the fight takes place was the main struggle Saturday, and Rampage lost that battle 95% of the match.

People don't seem to understand that a fighter can't just go for subs/gnp right after the takedown. It is all about improving position first - it isn't that Rashad was stalling' date=' it was the fact that there was a stalemate much of the fight, which is why the referee appropriately separated them so many times.

Rampage had multpile attempts to get the fight where he wanted to, but failed. Dictating where the fight takes place was the main struggle Saturday, and Rampage lost that battle 95% of the match.[/quote']

But wait, Jackson now over trained. It was all the ring rust. Forget that this is the "best" he's claimed to have ever looked. Forget that this was the best training camp he's claimed to ever have. Forget that Evans pissed off Jackson so much that he's going to show his PRIDEfulness.

June 1' date=' 2010

Yeah, I agree with this.

June 1' date=' 2010

ive got a solution for you k-1

At the moment there is very little you can do to face a wrestler : Learn wrestling yourself to defend the take downs or get a black belt in BJJ. Which is fair, you should have to have grappling training to combat a grappler.

2 editions need to be added to ensure the balance between grappler vs striker.

* If an opponent is on his back he should be able to strike freely* Not being able to kick from your back just because your opponent has a knee down is really lame, your not generating the same power as you would standing and upkicks should really be opened up to keep wrestlers from sitting in the gaurd not working.

*Take down defense should have a little more weight on the score cards* Not quite as much a takedown but if an opponent shoots on you 10 times and you defend 9, you should still get a nod for octagon control imo.

Wrestling is one of the oldest forms of competition, and if my memory serves me correct, it was the core of the making of the first olympics. Atm though, the mma scoreing system favours very heavily in wrestlers. Look at GSP as a prime example ( no im not hating on him) He is a skilled striker, and his striking is what got him to the title shot, but with the advantages that wrestling gives on the score cards, why stand up when you can garuntee a win on the score cards.

At the moment there is very little you can do to face a wrestler : Learn wrestling yourself to defend the take downs or get a black belt in BJJ. Which is fair' date=' you should have to have grappling training to combat a grappler.

2 editions need to be added to ensure the balance between grappler vs striker.

* If an opponent is on his back he should be able to strike freely* Not being able to kick from your back just because your opponent has a knee down is really lame, your not generating the same power as you would standing and upkicks should really be opened up to keep wrestlers from sitting in the gaurd not working.

*Take down defense should have a little more weight on the score cards* Not quite as much a takedown but if an opponent shoots on you 10 times and you defend 9, you should still get a nod for octagon control imo.

Wrestling is one of the oldest forms of competition, and if my memory serves me correct, it was the core of the making of the first olympics. Atm though, the mma scoreing system favours very heavily in wrestlers. Look at GSP as a prime example ( no im not hating on him) He is a skilled striker, and his striking is what got him to the title shot, but with the advantages that wrestling gives on the score cards, why stand up when you can garuntee a win on the score cards.[/quote']

Exactly , Right on the money!

Sorry, what evidence do you have to suggest that the fight should have been stopped in the 3rd round? Rashad was deffinately in a dangerous position but surely the fact that Rashad was able to maintain composure, recover and regain control is evidance of the contrary. Also Rashad landed concidereably more strikes than Rampage and in my opinion proved from the initial bell, that he could stand toe to toe with Jackson and have a good chance at finishing the fight. Although i would give Jackson a slight edge in the striking, Rashads speed was amazing. Rashad has only 1 loss on his record, a KO to Lyoto Machida. Jackson has 14 (T)KO's and Thiago Silva has 11. Dont judge Rashads chin by the fact that he has been rocked on his last 2 performances. The fact that Rashad was able to stay composed against such knockout artists is a testemant to his chin and durbility.

The title and the content are completely different. Honestly did you guys think that Rashad will stand and bang with Rampage?? Cuz it will be 98 again so its pretty damn obvious that Rashad is gonna wrestle Rampage to get a UD (I know what i posted is pointless but this is for those Trolls who believed that Rashad will stand and bang with Rampage).

June 1' date=' 2010

lol i guess you told us, you even swore :eek: don't let you mummy catch you doing that...she'll get daddy to spank your little **** again. Oh and if you actually listen to people they dont say they don't like actual wrestling...they say they dont like the way some fighters use their wrestling. yakity yak don't talk back :-)

June 1' date=' 2010

LETS BAN YOU lame-o!!! If you want to watch stand up, go watch K1 kickboxing or regular boxing. Go on leave....we wont even notice your gone.

Archived