wanderlei silva stands up for his fans how great!

getbeatson

People's champ! War WAND!

The perfect representation of MMA! The guy is a class act, couldn't ask for a nicer guy outside of the cage... Inside, a f_ckin' animal, a warrior who's gonna give you everything you could ask for and more! What's not to love about this guy? (Well unless of course, you're a Sakuraba fan lol)

This is why he is the most loved MMA fighter in the world! I had the pleasure of meeting him when my store had him do an autograph signing. We didn't let people take pics with their personal cameras becasue of time constraints but thw owner brought his professional camera and provided fan pics for free on our website for everyone that wanted a picture taken with Wandy

I remember being backstage talking with Wanderlei at a UFC show last year. We were just hanging out, talking, when another fans young son came up to Wanderlei and layed a front kick right at him. Oh baby it was on. Wanderlei stares the kid down, fists twisting before him. He picks the kid up (maybe 5 y/o) goes for a body slam, but has it reversed, the kid comes down on top of Wanderlei on the ground. The kid is swinging for the fences, Wanderlei is rocked, then it turns into a grappling match.. the kid is schooling him!

This went on for a good 5 minutes. The Father comes over apologizing for his son bugging him. Wanderlei say it's no problem, as he puts the kid on his shoulders taking him around to meet and high five all the other fighters.

This is what kind of person Wanderlei is. He makes everyone feel important.

Wandy is in a class all his own. There is a reason he's 4-6 in his last 10 and still one of the most beloved fighters in the world. He fights to entertain his fans, he appreciates the fact that's he's been given a wonderful life paid for by the fans, and he's remained humble and down to earth despite all his success. Truthfully, a lot of people from all kinds of walks of life could take a life lesson from this man. Mad respect for him.

I remember being backstage talking with Wanderlei at a UFC show last year. We were just hanging out' date=' talking, when another fans young son came up to Wanderlei and layed a front kick right at him. Oh baby it was on. Wanderlei stares the kid down, fists twisting before him. He picks the kid up (maybe 5 y/o) goes for a body slam, but has it reversed, the kid comes down on top of Wanderlei on the ground. The kid is swinging for the fences, Wanderlei is rocked, then it turns into a grappling match.. the kid is schooling him!

This went on for a good 5 minutes. The Father comes over apologizing for his son bugging him. Wanderlei say it's no problem, as he puts the kid on his shoulders taking him around to meet and high five all the other fighters.

This is what kind of person Wanderlei is. He makes everyone feel important.[/quote']

That's great! I like how you described it too, gave me a good picture of what happened. I hope he's at the Fan Expo in Boston, because I would love to get a chance to shake his hand.

I swear I say this everytime I watch a Wanderlei interview or something... How can u not like Wandy. If only there were more people like him in the world. Thanks 4 that story u described Brewster just another reason why Wanderlei deserves endless respect and nothing less.

I remember being backstage talking with Wanderlei at a UFC show last year. We were just hanging out' date=' talking, when another fans young son came up to Wanderlei and layed a front kick right at him. Oh baby it was on. Wanderlei stares the kid down, fists twisting before him. He picks the kid up (maybe 5 y/o) goes for a body slam, but has it reversed, the kid comes down on top of Wanderlei on the ground. The kid is swinging for the fences, Wanderlei is rocked, then it turns into a grappling match.. the kid is schooling him!

This is what kind of person Wanderlei is. He makes everyone feel important.[/quote']

This is the kind of thing that makes him a legend, not just his skill in the ring. A lot of fighters could learn a thing or two about class from this man.

He has always been one of the best ambassadors of the sport IMO.....stories like this just prove the point.

The fact that he is one of the greatest of all time is simply icing on the cake.

WAR WANDY 4 LIFE!!!!!

I've posted many times that when Wandy speaks portuguese the translators mess it all up. I remember one interview he said in portuguese "my opponent is really tuf, I've all the respect for him" somethng like this. And the translator goes "I'm going to knock him in the 1st round".

Relying on translators sucks.

Wandy is the man!

Archived