Shogun vs Belfort

shogunrua101

Rua by KO, Mauricio is finally back in the shape he was when dominating Pride. Belfort has to recover from a long layoff just like Shogun did, it would be suprising to me if Vitor just came out fighting like he always did. Such an comprehensive injury gets into your head, you're not the same guy at first when you step back in that octagon.I hope Vitor eventually gets back to his winning ways, but not against Rua, I don't see it happening

I was thinking of making a thread like this but my last Vitor thread got trashed.

I think this is a dream match up for me. If both guys come in at 100% anything can happen. Vitor's stand up is extremely impressive. Shogun's isn't as good, but Shogun hasn't been knocked out either...

It really depends on how the fight goes and Shoguns strategy will be to take Vitor down the first chance he gets. Vitor is not great on the ground, he's lost all of his fights on the ground...

So if Shogun stands up with Vitor, then he will lose, but if Shogun takes Vitor down he will win.

Vitors striking is second to one, Anderson Silva, but they have a fight coming soon and we'll see who's got better hands. I would rather see Vitor jump back into the 205 pound division though, 185 seems a little light for him.

Maybe Shogun takes this fight, but I don't think he's a more well rounded fighter than Vitor...Vitor has two black belts, one in BJJ and one in Judo, and a blue belt in Karate...I'm not really a fan of Vitor, yet at least, but I'd have to admit, he's pretty close to being a complete fighter...

Shogun is a monster though, well...I'll say he used to be a monster back in Pride...he gets props for beating Lyoto but I have to see him defend that title against Rashad and then I'll be on his nuts, NO ****

Archived