How many rounds will it take shogun to KO Evans ?

shogunrua101

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say three.

Evans will likely come out with that BS gameplan of holding Shogun against the cage because he knows he'll be killed in the standup. It will backfire eventually with Evans ending up in the MT clinch.........then its good night Randy Couture Jr. via multiple knees to his grill

I'm gonna say three.

Evans will likely come out with that BS gameplan of holding Shogun against the cage because he knows he'll be killed in the standup. It will backfire eventually with Evans ending up in the MT clinch.........then its good night Randy Couture Jr. via multiple knees to his grill

lol that actually would happen i think

okay there .. lets see if he dosent get caught first .. he got caught by a slower rampage' date=' now u think shogun wont catch him and finish him? alright then man[/quote']

Not only this, even if Rashad gets Shogun down, he'll be in more danger than he ever has been in that position.

Shogun swept Machida like he was a whitebelt and his BJJ level is MUCH higher than Rashad. So Evans will likely score points for a TD, be swept inside of a minute, then have to deal with the top game of Shogun Rua...........have fun with that

Not only this' date=' even if Rashad gets Shogun down, he'll be in more danger than he ever has been in that position.

Shogun swept Machida like he was a whitebelt and his BJJ level is MUCH higher than Rashad. So Evans will likely score points for a TD, be swept inside of a minute, then have to deal with the top game of Shogun Rua...........have fun with that[/quote']

yah +1

2nd or 3rd I'd guess. Probably from the plum....

I could see Shogun submitting him though' date=' as Rashad will likely be able to get it to the ground. Gun will triangle his **** from nowhere..........[/quote']

Id be looking more for a Heelhook or Kneebar personally

im not really a fan of either but Rashad has great top control

Shogun wont be able to wriggle out of underneath Rashad as easily as he did Lyoto

and i am taking into consideration Shoguns good sweeps but i think Rashads ground control is better than Shoguns

so unless Rashad gets caught i think decision for Evans

IMO Rashad dont get the respect he rightfully deserves

Agreed.

Hopefully after this victory over Rampage' date=' some people have changed their minds.[/quote']

i honestly thought rampage was gonna have this easily

but i shows that Rashad is more willing to work smart then just try and bang with people who could easily KO him

the lyoto lost really helped rashad relise against bigger stronger guys who are better strikers he needs to use his excellent wresting rather than outstrike everybody

How many rounds do you guys think it will take to KO evans' date=' knowing his iron chin. Ill say round 2. Discuss[/quote']

I love it....you fools will never learn. Keep disrespecting rashad and he will make you look stupid after the fights every time. Then you will come back with some lame excuse....oh well....Rashad will win again

why is that ?

Just because Shogun already has beastly leglocks, then add to the fact that Rashad is Greg Jackson trained and he is known for having his guys stay busy in top position by looking to improve. Being over aggresive while trying to pass against a BJJ guy of Shoguns caliber is very very risky......ESPECIALLY one good at leg locks.

Look at the last Palhares fight.....

Just because Shogun already has beastly leglocks' date=' then add to the fact that Rashad is Greg Jackson trained and he is known for having his guys stay busy in top position by looking to improve. Being over aggresive while trying to pass against a BJJ guy of Shoguns caliber is very very risky......ESPECIALLY one good at leg locks.

Look at the last Palhares fight.....[/quote']

Which is exactly why they won't risk that.

Rashad Evans is no Brock Lesnar-n00b fighter. He's not gonna get caught in a knee bar or a heel hook.. nor will he put himself into one.

I love it....you fools will never learn. Keep disrespecting rashad and he will make you look stupid after the fights every time. Then you will come back with some lame excuse....oh well....Rashad will win again

Yea just like the Machida fight !

why is that ?

Your answer is... this post below!

Just because Shogun already has beastly leglocks' date=' then add to the fact that Rashad is Greg Jackson trained and he is known for having his guys stay busy in top position by looking to improve. Being over aggresive while trying to pass against a BJJ guy of Shoguns caliber is very very risky......ESPECIALLY one good at leg locks.

Look at the last Palhares fight.....[/quote']

Not to mention the fact that wrestlers have always been weak against leg locks. It is one thing a wrestler is never good at controlling because it is away from their area of control.

Shoot wrestlers are much more aware of this.. Rashad is not one of them.

I honestly see this fight going similar to Aldo/Faber. Shogun will eventually land a lot of kicks to Rashad's legs. This will take away his spring, speed, and his ability to shoot from a distance. Since I know Rashad's legs are not conditioned at a high MT level, it will slow him down a LOT over the course of three rounds.. leaving the last two to be the worst rounds for him.

Which is exactly why they won't risk that.

Rashad Evans is no Brock Lesnar-n00b fighter. He's not gonna get caught in a knee bar or a heel hook.. nor will he put himself into one.

This does not make sense. Everyone can get caught.. Wrestlers passing put themselves at a huge risk against a leg lock expert. Anyone who knows about BJJ can tell you this.

ok joker...he has lost once...good call.....were you one of the peeps saying rashad was gonna get ko/tko'd in the 1st or 2nd vs Page? One would never know they are all hiding right now.

Well, if he hadn't pussied out and clinched the whole time he likely would have......hell he STILL almost got KTFO even with the clinching

ok joker...he has lost once...good call.....were you one of the peeps saying rashad was gonna get ko/tko'd in the 1st or 2nd vs Page? One would never know they are all hiding right now.

lol I did pick Rampage I dont care but he really messed rampage up with all those double-legs did you see rampage's face? really busted up Rashad did some serious G&P lol !! Your drinking the sweat off his nuts right now but we will see after the shogun fight!

This does not make sense. Everyone can get caught.. Wrestlers passing put themselves at a huge risk against a leg lock expert. Anyone who knows about BJJ can tell you this.

What also doesn't make sense, is the fact that Shogun has only ONE submission victory to his credit.

Thinking that he's going to submit Rashad Evans with a freakin' heel hook or knee bar, two very n00bish submissions to get caught in, is pretty crazy.

You guys would be calling me crazy if I said that Shogun was prone to being choked out.

lol I did pick Rampage I dont care but he really messed rampage up with all those double-legs did you see rampage's face? really busted up Rashad did some serious G&P lol !! Your drinking the sweat off his nuts right now but we will see after the shogun fight!

blah blah blah...everyone said we will see after the rampage fight too...how did that end up?

Archived