My Apologies to Lil Nog....and Brilz

Starr788

Okay, I just watched Lil Nog vs Brilz again, and maybe I was too excited the first time I watched it because after watching it again, I'll say Lil Nog did in fact win...

Both fighters did really well and impressed me tremendously...Lil Nog fighting Brilz instead of Griffin will make him better going forward because now he's tested himself against a striker and a wrestler...on the other hand, being a wrestler, Brilz won't be afraid to take anyone down after rolling with Lil Nog...the UFC has two more contenders in the LHW division, but where do they go from here....surely Brilz can be thrown in with a top fighter now and no one will complain...and Lil Nog is possibly one big win or two wins away from a title shot...

Which fighter could possibly catapult Lil Nog to a shot at the belt?

Does the UFC give Brilz a gimme fight? If not which up and comer would be a good match up for him?

I think after that performance by Brilz, and I credit it more to his great performance than Lil Nog's poor one, he is definitely due a step up in competition. Fans are going to be clamoring to see him, those who are oblivious to the intricacies of ground fighting and thought he won against Nog, and those who recognize the outstanding job he did against one of the established best ground fighters in the game in his losing effort.

I am thinking Brilz/Forrest could be very interesting indeed, and would make some sense with the way things went leading upto 114.

Okay' date=' I just watched Lil Nog vs Brilz again, and maybe I was too excited the first time I watched it because after watching it again, I'll say Lil Nog did in fact win...

Both fighters did really well and impressed me tremendously...Lil Nog fighting Brilz instead of Griffin will make him better going forward because now he's tested himself against a striker and a wrestler...on the other hand, being a wrestler, Brilz won't be afraid to take anyone down after rolling with Lil Nog...the UFC has two more contenders in the LHW division, but where do they go from here....surely Brilz can be thrown in with a top fighter now and no one will complain...and Lil Nog is possibly one big win or two wins away from a title shot...

[b']Which fighter could possibly catapult Lil Nog to a shot at the belt?[/b]

Does the UFC give Brilz a gimme fight? If not which up and comer would be a good match up for him?

I think someone in this forum has posted that Dana said the Lil Nog vs Forrest fight is happening. If he fights and beats Forrest next, he has earned a shot at the title imo.

Okay' date=' I just watched Lil Nog vs Brilz again, and maybe I was too excited the first time I watched it because after watching it again, I'll say Lil Nog did in fact win...

Does the UFC give Brilz a gimme fight? If not which up and comer would be a good match up for him?[/quote']

Before I read the rest of this thread, I've got to say I agree 100% with you. Watching the fight live, I wasn't too sure who had won but I was ok with the decision because I'm a nog fan. But after watching it a second time, there is no doubt in my mind that lil nog won rounds 1 and 3, and the fight as a whole for that matter.

Does the UFC give Brilz a gimme fight? If not which up and comer would be a good match up for him?[/quote']

+ 1

My thoughts...

Round 1: Too close to call

Round 2: Brilz

Round 3: Nog

Personally, I can see how the scales tipped in Nog's favor, but honestly could have gone either way for me. I was really surprised to see Brilz gas out after such a spectacular 2nd round.

But aside from the fight, I must say I was incredibly pissed off when Lil' Nog got boo'ed out of the stadium. I don't care who won the fight. To see Lil' Nog get boo'ed like that was a truly shameful moment in UFC history I think. And I also think its total crap that Dana White actually takes sides when these things happen, which I think it completely disrespectful to the fighters he's trying to promote.

Well, I was really glad to hear Brilz check the crowd and be a man after something like that. Definitely got points in my book were pretty much everyone else lost it.

i had lil nog winning when i watched it live but i think 2 more fights in devastating fashion or unquestionable domination should warrant nog a title shot

Ye I also thought lil nog gave a crazy performance and won the fight

Archived