why do people say gsp cant finsh fights?

wadd

the guys record is 20 and 2 against alot of top guys.his wins break down like this, 8 by ko, 5 by submission, 7 by decision. do the math there guys, just because he never finished his last 2 i dont understand your logic, and he owned those last 2 fights as well against bigger stronger opponents,and for the record he could have finished hardy but because he such a nice guy he didnt want to break his arm.i just dont understand how people say hes boring and cant finish fights.he's a living legend and he will finish kos the most overated boring fighter of all time.

well he has obviously finished more fights than he has decisions so its obviously people just being idiots

what really cracks me up is the hardy fight could have very easily been over in the first 5 minutes. for the record tho GSP wasnt trying to be nice he just didnt have the armbar in properly and hardy had room to twist out of it, same with the kimura.

point is 9 out of 10 times he gets one of those in properly and finishes, and then everyone has to shut up. instead we have an avalanche of stupidity afterwards

well he has obviously finished more fights than he has decisions so its obviously people just being idiots

what really cracks me up is the hardy fight could have very easily been over in the first 5 minutes. for the record tho GSP wasnt trying to be nice he just didnt have the armbar in properly and hardy had room to twist out of it' date=' same with the kimura.

point is 9 out of 10 times he gets one of those in properly and finishes, and then everyone has to shut up. instead we have an avalanche of stupidity afterwards[/quote']

Yeah because they were the only 2 oportunities GSP had in the fight. I like GSP but I dont get it when he faces someone like Hardy who is nowhere near him in talent and cant finish him in 5 rounds - there is playing it safe and then PLAYING IT SAFE - he didnt need to take high risks to finish that fight.

GSP fans cant stand it if people to have an opinion on him thats anything other than kissing his ****.

Like I say I like him, I dont want to come accross like I dont, but people throw their toys out of the pram over the slightest thing said about him, granted there are idiots who say he 'lays and prays' and stuff like that but every fighters got his haters

hes nowhere near him in talent agreed but he was much bigger and stronger so he had a punchers chance if you were fighting some that much bigger than you would you stand and bang in the middle of the cage?i think not.

hes nowhere near him in talent agreed but he was much bigger and stronger so he had a punchers chance if you were fighting some that much bigger than you would you stand and bang in the middle of the cage?i think not.

Much bigger? Hardy walks around at about 205 while GSP is about 197, he's not that much bigger

here once again....gsp 185 he says this' date=' hardy 210 he say this thiago was even bigger.gsp doesnt cut much weight he always stated this.thats 20 to 30 lbs difference come fight night[/quote']

cutting from 197 to 170 is not cutting much, are you saying you think GSP is 170?

my bad just edited

what really cracks me up is the hardy fight could have very easily been over in the first 5 minutes. for the record tho GSP wasnt trying to be nice he just didnt have the armbar in properly and hardy had room to twist out of it' date=' same with the kimura.

point is 9 out of 10 times he gets one of those in properly and finishes, and then everyone has to shut up. instead we have an avalanche of stupidity afterwards[/quote']

and he's a black belt in bjj how? haha

here once again....gsp 185 he says this' date=' hardy 210 he say this thiago was even bigger.gsp doesnt cut much weight he always stated this.thats 20 to 30 lbs difference come fight night[/quote']

first quit the high and mighty bit...

GSP said he was 192lbs on fight night against Hardy...

people dont say he cannot finish fights, they say he does not...i guess they mean 3 of the last 4 are severely dominated decisions...you would think being that dominant he would just put them away...he finished Penn and Serra recently but those are LWs who are really too small to be at WW except for fluke victories...

this is getting off my original post im done these goddamn forums are so ****ing pointless i just wanted logic from the haters out there and they never gave me any, all i got was gsp fans talking off topic ****

this is getting off my original post im done these goddamn forums are so ****ing pointless i just wanted logic from the haters out there and they never gave me any' date=' all i got was gsp fans talking off topic ****[/quote']

ur coming off as a major tool in this thread...

agree

first quit the high and mighty bit...

GSP said he was 192lbs on fight night against Hardy...

people dont say he cannot finish fights' date=' they say he does not...i guess they mean 3 of the last 4 are severely dominated decisions...you would think being that dominant he would just put them away...he finished Penn and Serra recently but those are LWs who are really too small to be at WW except for fluke victories...[/quote']

First off, don't make excuses for Penn. Penn fought Machida in a very close fight where he was 30-40 pounds under Machida. Secondly, GSP didn't finish Penn. Penn gave up. GSP has a way of sucking all the energy out of his opponents. This is all coming from a Penn fan.

GSP could've finished Hardy and Alves. He didn't because he's playing it safe. No one can call GSP a bad fighter, but I personally find him boring. The only fight you'll see me rooting for him in is the Koscheck fight, and if it happens, the Anderson fight.

GSP fights smart...................his competition is some if not the finest of any division in the UFC..............................a lot of his opponents come not to lose too badly which can make it a war of attrition and because it?s not all fireworks it turns some people off...............most of those biatching about him not finishing are the same ones who are week after week making threads calling for rules to stop fighters wrestling if not calling for the all out ban of wrestling........in other words boxing fans!

First off' date=' don't make excuses for Penn. Penn fought Machida in a very close fight where he was 30-40 pounds under Machida. Secondly, GSP didn't finish Penn. Penn gave up. GSP has a way of sucking all the energy out of his opponents. This is all coming from a Penn fan.

[b']GSP could've finished Hardy and Alves[/b]. He didn't because he's playing it safe. No one can call GSP a bad fighter, but I personally find him boring. The only fight you'll see me rooting for him in is the Koscheck fight, and if it happens, the Anderson fight.

first read correctly, how is there an excuse there? did i say Penn lost because he was smaller...or did i say GSP finished his LW opponents and not the larger ones...that's fact...

i like Penn and GSP anyways...considering I said Penn and Serra and you only mentioned Penn, what are you saying about Serra...

don't know why that matters that Penn lost close to Machida, if anything that shows that GSP is a better fighter than Machida...since he finished Penn and Machida couldn't finish a fat Penn...

he could not have finished Hardy, Alves, or Fitch...he would have if he could, he even said he wants to win in beautiful fashion, he wants to get finishes...

GSP fights smart...................his competition is some if not the finest of any division in the UFC..............................a lot of his opponents come not to lose too badly which can make it a war of attrition and because it?s not all fireworks it turns some people off...............most of those biatching about him not finishing are the same ones who are week after week making threads calling for rules to stop fighters wrestling if not calling for the all out ban of wrestling........in other words boxing fans!

Actually, they're not trying to ban wrestling, just trying to change the way a takedown is judged. If you take someone down, and they get right back up, it shouldn't give you many, if any, points. It's should be less about the takedown, and what you do with it.

WRONG..

Stop calling people idiots when u don't even have ur facts straight..

GSP walks around between 192-197..

He used to walk around at 185, that was before he went on a strength program to gain muscle..

Hardy said on prime time he walked around at about 205.. NOT 210..

Actually' date=' they're not trying to ban wrestling, just trying to change the way a takedown is judged. If you take someone down, and they get right back up, it shouldn't give you many, if any, points. It's should be less about the takedown, and what you do with it.[/quote']

I could agree with that

actually' date=' they're not trying to ban wrestling, just trying to change the way a takedown is judged. If you take someone down, and they get right back up, it shouldn't give you many, if any, points. It's should be less about the takedown, and what you do with it.[/quote']

so there wasnt a thread saying lets ban wrestling?

The second point is this would not affect gsp at all!

so there wasnt a thread saying lets ban wrestling?

The second point is this would not affect gsp at all!

I don't come on these forums everyday. So I wouldn't know if there was a thread about banning it. I just know a lot of people who want to change how it's judged.

I never said it would affect GSP. As boring as he is, all of his takedowns mean something because he does stuff afterwards.

i don't come on these forums everyday. So i wouldn't know if there was a thread about banning it. I just know a lot of people who want to change how it's judged.

I never said it would affect gsp. As boring as he is' date=' all of his takedowns mean something because he does stuff afterwards.[/quote']

its on the front page at the moment!

Gsp fights safe' date=' it makes it much harder to finish opponents that way.[/quote']

Your sig is silly. I already explained on multiple places that I don't find homosexuality an insult... waste of space really.

But on the flip side, it really demonstrates your maturity, or lack there of...

he fights smart theres a difference' date=' i just wish people would understand how great he really is and stop ******** on him all the time.[/quote']

Hello Mrs St Pierre could you ask your son to please stop getting hit because what happened vs Matt Serra was just a lucky punch. He should worry much less about getting struck

the guys record is 20 and 2 against alot of top guys.his wins break down like this' date=' 8 by ko, 5 by submission, 7 by decision. do the math there guys, just because he never finished his last 2 i dont understand your logic, and he owned those last 2 fights as well against bigger stronger opponents,and for the record he could have finished hardy but because he such a nice guy he didnt want to break his arm.i just dont understand how people say hes boring and cant finish fights.he's a living legend and he will finish kos the most overated boring fighter of all time.[/quote']

Ha wow talk about kos being boring your post and gsp are boring the hell outa me.GSP changed hes scared to exchange.Ever since he tapped out by getting hit by Matt Sera he became a p-ussy.All hes gonna do is lay and pray and become boring.The game is too much for him anymore its time for him to get slammed by kos ftw knockout.Gsp says he wants to be a smart fighter hahaha wat aload of croup opps meant to say wat a load of grease.

Ha wow talk about kos being boring your post and gsp are boring the hell outa me.GSP changed hes scared to exchange.Ever since he tapped out by getting hit by Matt Sera he became a p-ussy.All hes gonna do is lay and pray and become boring.The game is too much for him anymore its time for him to get slammed by kos ftw knockout.

Speak English?

Archived