Who thinks Aldo needs a few more fights before moving to UFC

BUDDHASPORT

First of all' date=' let me say this......Aldo is one of my favorite fighters.

Having said that, Aldo would be dismantled by the top tier of the the 155 divison.

Edgar, Penn, Kenny, Griffin, Maynard, Sherk, Tibau, Miller etc. would all beat Aldo.[/quote']

sorry broseph, but i disagree

i feel aldo is like the anderson silva of little guys without the dancing

also one of my favorite fighters

Having said that, Aldo would be dismantled by the top tier of the the 155 divison.

Edgar, Penn, Kenny, Griffin, Maynard, Sherk, Tibau, Miller etc. would all beat Aldo.[/quote']

you really think so.....

He has already cleared out the featherweight division or atleast any of real note. Maybe bump up to lightweight to fight Varner' date=' Cerrone, and Henderson. If he wins then maybe it's time for the leap.[/quote']

Definitely hasn't cleared out the featherweight division. He has only defended the belt once.

Aldo would wax Kenny! sorry

Aldo is def big enough for the lightweight division...he's 5'7 145..i think if he just adds a bit of muscle he could be a serious contender in the LW division in the WEC if not the champ there 2..then if he clears it out there..yeah make the jump. i think it wouldnt be good for the WEC company to take away there biggest star.. i say let him work the WEC out of contenders then juump to UFC..

Jose Aldo is already one of the top 5 p4p in the world so yeah sure he's ready for the UFC... however I hope he stays in the WEC for at least another 2 years because the WEC events are pretty much always more entertaining than the UFC and he is probably their main draw card, if he stays in the WEC for a while he will be able to help establish the organization more and I for one think thats what MMA needs.

He is a big featherweight, and look at Frankie Edgar? I think Aldo is faster than Edgar. The only people I see giving Aldo problems are good wrestlers like Edgar, Maynard, Griffin. As for strikers in the LW division, they don't have much of a chance.

He has already cleared out the featherweight division or atleast any of real note. Maybe bump up to lightweight to fight Varner' date=' Cerrone, and Henderson. If he wins then maybe it's time for the leap.[/quote']

He is ready in the way of me wanting to see it, but there is nothing wrong with a little more maturity. He will have a much harder time in the UFC lightWeight Devision and i think Dana wants to make sure the fan draw potential of Aldo does not go to waste.

Archived