Old vs New Wrestlers

thesoulpower

Ok I dont want this to turn into a people who think Wrestling in the UFC is boring thread. Instead I just want to ask doesnt it seem like Wrestlers are at least alot less busy then they were back in the day? Regardless of you thinking its entertaining now. I just think in my opinion fighters used to take people down all the time but it seemed like they went to ground and pound and not GSP ground and pound but real ground and pound.

Anyone else feel the same way or am I crazy?

PS. I am sorry I said Wrestlers I actually mean grappler's in general it also used to seem like BJJ fighters went for the sub's alot more back in the day everyones more content with taking their time and grinding out a round or two.

Ok I dont want this to turn into a people who think Wrestling in the UFC is boring thread. Instead I just want to ask doesnt it seem like Wrestlers are at least alot less busy then they were back in the day? Regardless of you thinking its entertaining now. I just think in my opinion fighters used to take people down all the time but it seemed like they went to ground and pound and not GSP ground and pound but real ground and pound.

Anyone else feel the same way or am I crazy?

PS. I am sorry I said Wrestlers I actually mean grappler's in general it also used to seem like BJJ fighters went for the sub's alot more back in the day everyones more content with taking their time and grinding out a round or two.

Fighters are evolving and training defences for these. It is not as easy as Tito just passing guard and GnPing anymore.

When you have someone down, you have to fight for position every step of the way.

Fighters are evolving and training defences for these. It is not as easy as Tito just passing guard and GnPing anymore.

When you have someone down' date=' you have to fight for position every step of the way.[/quote']

Thats what i thought to...

When you have someone down' date=' you have to fight for position every step of the way.[/quote']

Weird to get to respond to an actual post. Although I agree with you that defenses have increased you dont agree that these wrestlers are simply not trying to be as agressive? look at Jones(perhaps a bad example) Even tho I think hes hyped a little much (perhaps) he has a very agressive GNP and not like his opponents dont have good ground defense.

I am simply stating I dont think there is that same type of pure agression in the ground and pound any more. Mark Munoz is another good example of an aggressive Ground and Pound it seems to pay off just the ground fighters nowa days seem to only focus on taking them down and dont really seem to go anywhere once there. Thats also just my opinion but I want to hear everyones hence the thread.

Weird to get to respond to an actual post. Although I agree with you that defenses have increased you dont agree that these wrestlers are simply not trying to be as agressive? look at Jones(perhaps a bad example) Even tho I think hes hyped a little much (perhaps) he has a very agressive GNP and not like his opponents dont have good ground defense.

I am simply stating I dont think there is that same type of pure agression in the ground and pound any more. Mark Munoz is another good example of an aggressive Ground and Pound it seems to pay off just the ground fighters nowa days seem to only focus on taking them down and dont really seem to go anywhere once there. Thats also just my opinion but I want to hear everyones hence the thread.

I think that that could just could come down to individual fighter abilities, I mean Jones and Munoz are top calibre wrestlers who probably find controlling a position and smashing their opponent at the same time easy compared to someone who is not as talented in this aspect of the game. Also i think the fact that these guys are two of the most explosive in their respective divisions helps their cause

Archived