Bonuses for finishes...

MysticKJ

with all the recent forum activity concerning LayNPray and other snuggling activities...I wanted to see what the forum thinks is a better idea...implementing yellow cards (lose % of purse) for those acts or implementing bonuses for finishes (separate from the KO/Sub/Fight of the Night)...the goal of both is to promote action and finishes...

There are already bonuses for finshing, in every fight.

With the direction this sport has taken, where the fighters main concern has become the win/loss record and standings in the rankings rather than actually proving who the better fighter is, the best alternative would be implementing a card system. ( a bit of a hybrid between PRIDE and international football/soccer )

2 warnings/breaks = yellow

1 yellow = official warning

2 yellow = 1 red (automatic 1 point deduction)

2 red = DQ

yellow cards issued for stalling, unintentional foul, or "flopping"

instant red card for intentional foul

implement the 20 second rule used in PRIDE and bring in some of the PRIDE refs for consulting and training the refs in when to break exchanges and use the cards.

simple changes that would make a world of difference in the sport.

with all the recent forum activity concerning LayNPray and other snuggling activities...I wanted to see what the forum thinks is a better idea...implementing yellow cards (lose % of purse) for those acts or implementing bonuses for finishes (separate from the KO/Sub/Fight of the Night)...the goal of both is to promote action and finishes...

This is great stuff I like the yellow card but voted on finishing

Can we have both?

There are already bonuses for finshing' date=' in every fight.

.[/quote']

i know they have win bonuses and Fight/KO/Sub of the night...i didn't think there was a bonus for finishing the fight...Russow got KO of the night, but I don't think Guillard and Diabete received any bonuses...

i know they have win bonuses and Fight/KO/Sub of the night...i didn't think there was a bonus for finishing the fight...Russow got KO of the night' date=' but I don't think Guillard and Diabete received any bonuses...[/quote']

even in TUF there are KO/sub bonuses. They are not as big as the win and FOTN/KOTN bonuses, but they do exist.

even in TUF there are KO/sub bonuses. They are not as big as the win and FOTN/KOTN bonuses' date=' but they do exist.[/quote']

yeah, I know about those...i didn't think that carried over to the big show because I never see that listed on the PPV payout lists...

If they made yellow cards, Anderson and Lyoto would be in trouble lol. I completely disagree with yellow cards. Cause as much as I don't like Anderson or Lyoto (mainly cause of Ed Soares), his strategy works. and it'd be a disadvantage. Especially the style i wanna fight with lol. I wanna dodge every single punch thrown at me and throw just one punch for the KO lol. BEAST

If they made yellow cards' date=' Anderson and Lyoto would be in trouble lol. I completely disagree with yellow cards. Cause as much as I don't like Anderson or Lyoto (mainly cause of Ed Soares), his strategy works. and it'd be a disadvantage. Especially the style i wanna fight with lol. I wanna dodge every single punch thrown at me and throw just one punch for the KO lol. BEAST[/quote']

Except they wouldn't be yellow carded for that.

I think its a great idea. If you finish the fight you get a 5-10k bonus. Maybe the refs should be breaking up fights a lil quicker then they do in the lay n pray catagory. And if a fighter continues to lay n pray without any action then yes yellow card him and start docking his the fighters a % for each yellow card they're givin.

well

the ufc should put the finishers on the maincard....all the non finishers on the undercard

maincard fighters earn their own purse wages....while undercard fighters all share one giant purse....ex. maincard fighter anderson silva never finished a fighter in a maincard fight....his next bout would be in an undercard bout and remains there until he finishes a fight....sharing his money with the rest of his undercard mates....so if he wants his money for himself...he'll finish the fight......so lets say too finishers put on a great show but never finished....well...it was a good fight fans want to see....they stay on maincard events....but yes i know many if not all fighters would hate this...but it would make them fight...if they fight for the money

I really don't understand you guys. I would much rather see two guys fight for 15 hard mins, then a ten second KO. If people had to finish then they would rush in, make mistakes and MMA would be not as technical. They should stand up LnP, and that is Evans and Fitch, but people who actually pass the guard and work to better their postition like GSP should not be carded. I really like the 3 round battles that end with two guys who left everything on the line, happy they made it out alive, Subs are nice, but watching an active ground battle for a while or a great stand up battle then I am much more happy then Todd D vs Tim H

I really don't understand you guys. I would much rather see two guys fight for 15 hard mins' date=' then a ten second KO. If people had to finish then they would rush in, make mistakes and MMA would be not as technical. They should stand up LnP, and that is Evans and Fitch, but people who actually pass the guard and work to better their postition like GSP should not be carded. I really like the 3 round battles that end with two guys who left everything on the line, happy they made it out alive, Subs are nice, but watching an active ground battle for a while or a great stand up battle then I am much more happy then Todd D vs Tim H[/quote']

i think u missed the point...this is to combat LayNPray...just becuz GSP didnt finish his opponent doesn't mean he wasn't active...some fighters just Lay in top position to be there...no attempt to do anything...stalling...

imo GSP has nothing to do with this...

Archived