Does anyone think that James Toney will beat Randy Couture?

GstarUk

IMO Couture needs to get Toney on the ground as quick as possible or he will get knocked out.

Toney last 5 boxing fights, the guy is no bum.

Win 72–6–3 (2) Matthew Greer KO 2

Win 71–6–3 (2) Fres Oquendo Split decision

NC 70–6–3 (2) Hasim Rahman No contest 3

Win 70–6–3 (1) Danny Batchelder Split decision

Loss 69–6–3 (1) Samuel Peter U decision

If Toney beats Couture, i would like to see him fight Anderson Silva

specially since Silva has publicity stated he would like to fight roy jones jr once he leaves the UFC.

With Randy being quite slow nowadays, Toney always has the chance of pulling a Mercer vs. Sylvia.

With everybody around Couture telling him to take the fight immediately to the ground (I see him more and more irratated by that), there's a risk that Couture's pride will take over and he will want stay on the feet for longer that is needed.

But otherwise, I think even in the stand-up he can be safe if he kicks a lot. Obviously, when he takes the fight to the ground it will be over. Toney will have a taste of a 4oz gnp.

With Randy being quite slow nowadays' date=' Toney always has the chance of pulling a Mercer vs. Sylvia.

With everybody around Couture telling him to take the fight immediately to the ground (I see him more and more irratated by that), there's a risk that Couture's pride will take over and he will want stay on the feet for longer that is needed.

But otherwise, I think even in the stand-up he can be safe if he kicks a lot. Obviously, when he takes the fight to the ground it will be over. Toney will have a taste of a 4oz gnp.[/quote']

Good answer. Tim sounds very very gay in your sig :confused:

He has a punchers chance, but the same was said for Rampage, Hardy and Daley. I can see this following the same pattern.

yeah but toney lacks the discipline unlike randy. Does age issue still in question with randy??

It is now, especially after his last couple of fights.

IMO Couture needs to get Toney on the ground as quick as possible or he will get knocked out.

Toney last 5 boxing fights' date=' the guy is no bum.

Win 72?6?3 (2) Matthew Greer KO 2

Win 71?6?3 (2) Fres Oquendo Split decision

NC 70?6?3 (2) Hasim Rahman No contest 3

Win 70?6?3 (1) Danny Batchelder Split decision

Loss 69?6?3 (1) Samuel Peter U decision

specially since Silva has publicity stated he would like to fight roy jones jr once he leaves the UFC.[/quote']

no doubt toney has good boxing, but this isn't boxing its mma

I can only see this fight going 1 way tbh. Couture comes out circles Toney, waits for him to throw the first punch, immediately gets the clinch and just basically wears him down in the first (maybe taking him down). Come the second round Toney will be completely gassed and will be easily pounded out or submitted in what will be one of the most one sided UFC fights ever

I can only see this fight going 1 way tbh. Couture comes out circles Toney' date=' waits for him to throw the first punch, immediately gets the clinch and just basically wears him down in the first (maybe taking him down). Come the second round Toney will be completely gassed and will be easily pounded out or submitted in what will be one of the most one sided UFC fights ever[/quote']

I see it almost the same, except he gets the takedown in the first, pounds him out and Toney suffers the ultimate embarassment of tapping to strikes.

Win 72–6–3 (2) Matthew Greer KO 2

Win 71–6–3 (2) Fres Oquendo Split decision

NC 70–6–3 (2) Hasim Rahman No contest 3

Win 70–6–3 (1) Danny Batchelder Split decision

Loss 69–6–3 (1) Samuel Peter U decision

specially since Silva has publicity stated he would like to fight roy jones jr once he leaves the UFC.[/quote']

Dude anything is possible when you bring a boxer of his caliber into ANY fight, whether its Boxing, MMa, K1-Kickboxing, or any other form of striking based competition.

The reality of it is that James Toney is one bad man. He has never been knocked out or knocked down in the ring. Holding a pro record of 72-6-3, 44 by way of Knockout, he is no joke. He is dangerous from long range, he is very dangerous at short range and dirty boxing. If he can add Takedown and submission defense....he will be a FORCE in the Ufc.....IF!!

I never ever go against Couture, but I agree...he needs to get this fight to the ground very quickly. If Randy chooses to stand and do dirty boxing in the clinch....it will be a short night for the Natural. But! Randy Couture is a master strategist and I highly doubt he is going to come in and "test the water" with Toney. He will welcome him to the Ufc with a big takedown followed by excellent control and Gnp. Randy WINS!!!!! Tko 3 rd.

Even Dana White calls it Couture.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/25/dana-white-i-think-james-toney-is-going-to-lose/

I see Randy KOing Toney.....he will get in some leg kicks...pin him against the fence and dirty box him until he falls or the ref stops it!

Toney is going to get schooled!

MMA is NOT boxing, and boxing skills alone does not help a fighter out what so ever.. especially against a insane wrestler like randy...

This fight will end by G&P or a submission in the first round.. and that wil probably be after 2-3 minutes of randy crushing the boxer on the ground...

Win 71?6?3 (2) Fres Oquendo [b']Split decision[/b]

specially since Silva has publicity stated he would like to fight roy jones jr once he leaves the UFC.

these look like close fights, and mma boxing is different to traditional boxing. randy has a huge advantage

tonney has a punchers chance but randy will most likely take him down and submit him very quickly.

has the guy even been trainning MMA? or does he just think hes gonna knock everyone out before they can take him down.

He was on MMA Live telling Bas how he has been working his ground game for the last four months and he will be able to stop the take down. Which Bas kindly told him he wasn't going to be able to.

I've got a sig bet saying Toney will KO The Nat.......if Randy gets ****y and stands, I say Toney puts him away.

However, if Randy fights smart, and takes him down immediately, he'll smash Toney on the ground.

I'm taking a chance on Randy getting ****y.

I've got a sig bet saying Toney will KO The Nat.......if Randy gets ****y and stands' date=' I say Toney puts him away.

However, if Randy fights smart, and takes him down immediately, he'll smash Toney on the ground.

I'm taking a chance on Randy getting ****y.[/quote']

If that happens Randy will definitely retire imo, he'll suffer a devastating KO he never encountered in his career before, maybe even injuring him badly. One of Toney's haymakers can really do a lot of damage, especially to a fighter in his late 40's.

I've got a sig bet saying Toney will KO The Nat.......if Randy gets ****y and stands' date=' I say Toney puts him away.

I'm taking a chance on Randy getting ****y.[/quote']

Interesting theory. Would you put $20 on Toney, just cause most odds would kick back a ton?

Archived